Which icon should die --REALLY die?

Which Icon Should Die -- REALLY Die?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
UltimateE said:
I agree with Bass that Spider-Man is more likely to die because Supes is invulnerable, but in general the idea of Superman is waaaaaay outdated.

*ducks*
I think Superman is often underrated by others who just see him as a strong man devoid of complexities, but you're right on that one. There was a time that the whole ubermensch thing was relevant to the zeitgeist, but sixty years later I hardly think that relevance stands.

If they keep writing Superman like in All-Star, then Spidey should die, otherwise, supes should die. B/C it seems the creators are "developing" the character of Spidey by writing the same reaction to everything. :?

ourchair said:
I think Superman is often underrated by others who just see him as a strong man devoid of complexities, but you're right on that one. There was a time that the whole ubermensch thing was relevant to the zeitgeist, but sixty years later I hardly think that relevance stands.

...which is why I was careful to say that as a *general* idea he is outdated. All-Star Superman and the likes notwithstanding.

marvelman said:
If they keep writing Superman like in All-Star

Ain't gonna happen.

For the millions who missed it, in the final issue of HOM Spider-Man, he faked his death by having Uncle Ben take a picture of him hanging himself by his own webbing from a power line.

Superman should die because he's way too blase about that Mr. Quinton guy creating all those horribly mutated freaks.

John Q. Public said:
For the millions who missed it, in the final issue of HOM Spider-Man, he faked his death by having Uncle Ben take a picture of him hanging himself by his own webbing from a power line.

Superman should die because he's way too blase about that Mr. Quinton guy creating all those horribly mutated freaks.

Superman is way to blase about everything. Like I said, he has about as much personality as a vegetable.

Pandrio said:
He did (die), then he came back.

Which is when he went from being Moses in a cape to being Jesus in a cape.

Of course neither will die. When has a character with his ongoing title ever been killed? Now if you both have a gazillions of ongoing title...

I if one has to, then it's Superman. The lamest excuse for gaining superpowers still in activity. The Sun is different than the one on his home planet and so he can fly faster than a jet, lift thousands of tons, is indestructible, has weird vision powers, doesn't need to breath and freeze stuff with his breath? WTH? Not only is the different sun idea idiotic, what is the link between all these poweres?

Yeah, I know, it's not the first time I make this rant. As the Superman movie approaches, I fear they will rise in frequency.

Last edited:
E.Vi.L. said:
Yeah, I know, it's not the first time I make this rant. As the Superman movie approaches, I fear they will rise in frequency.

I totally agree. My spider-sense is going crazy over the buzz about this movie, which looks horrible. Bryan Singer is terrible. X-Men 2 was incoherent. Singer will kill Superman by default. And, frankly, the Man of Squeel has been dead for decades.

Last edited:
E.Vi.L. said:
I if one has to, then it's Superman. The lamest excuse for gaining superpowers still in activity.
Not true. Mutants are the lamest excuse for superpowers. Stan Lee himself said that he made the X-Men mutants because he had run out of ideas for origins.

moonmaster said:
Not true. Mutants are the lamest excuse for superpowers.

:lol:

*wipes a tear*

Mutation being a lamer excuse for superpowers than a whole planets of aliens that look like normal humans and have normal abilities under the light of their home star but who becomes a bundle of unrelated superpowers when under the light of our sun?

Good one, moon, good one.

Last edited:
moonmaster said:
Not true. Mutants are the lamest excuse for superpowers. Stan Lee himself said that he made the X-Men mutants because he had run out of ideas for origins.
Please, let me get a sex change so I can have your children. I've said for years that mutants are the lamest origin ever.

Doc Comic said:
Please, let me get a sex change so I can have your children. I've said for years that mutants are the lamest origin ever.
Does it beat "Dial H for HERO"? Where our heroes would dial HERO on their special watches and be transformed into a hero that second, complete with a box that contained their name, their abilities, and the name and location of the fan that sent in the idea to the letters page.

Hmm, actually, that sounds like genius in comparison.

Guijllons said:
Does it beat "Dial H for HERO"? Where our heroes would dial HERO on their special watches and be transformed into a hero that second, complete with a box that contained their name, their abilities, and the name and location of the fan that sent in the idea to the letters page.

Hmm, actually, that sounds like genius in comparison.
Dial H For Hero at least made an effort to give them an origin, an original origin that hadn't been done before. Mutants are just bleh. Geez, a normal human putting on a costume out of the blue is more original and exciting than mutants.

Latest posts

Back