Which Soldier of Victory is going to die?

• The Shining Knight

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • The Guardian

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Zatanna

• Klarion

• I don't buy this book because I'm a terrible human being

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • I don't buy this book because I've seen through my foolishness

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

Bass

Nexus of the World
In the Seven Soldiers of Victory by Grant Morrison, four of the seven heroes individual minis are coming to a close, and in the solits, one of them is going to die. But which one?

Who do you think it is?

I'm an idiot. The last poll option should read, "I don't buy this series, but WILL because I've seen through my foolishness."

Last edited:
I don't think it will be one of the first 4, but one of the latter 3, probably Frankenstien. If I had to choose from the initial list it would probably be Shining Knight, since Zatanna is too closely tied to the rest of the universe, and Guardian and Klarion are tied together, but not to the rest of the group yet.

The solits indicate that its one of the first four, since in the ads for each of the #4s coming out all say, "A soldier must die!" while the solits for Miracle Man don't, thus it is reasonable to assume that only those in the poll are eligible for the executioner's axe...

Bass said:
The solits indicate that its one of the first four, since in the ads for each of the #4s coming out all say, "A soldier must die!" while the solits for Miracle Man don't, thus it is reasonable to assume that only those in the poll are eligible for the executioner's axe...
Well, we don't know that issue #4 of Mister Miracle, Buleteer, and Frankenstien won't have that since they haven't been solicited yet, and I don't remember the previous solicits having that. I seriously doubt that we'll find out who dies before SSoV #1 anyway.

Nonono. Look in #3 of any of the Seven Soldiers. At the back where they have the checklist of all the Seven Soldiers title, read what it says for upcoming issues. All the #4s have "A soldier must die" in 'em.

I don't buy this series as I'm too lazy too.

Maybe I'll download them.

ProjectX2 said:
I don't buy this series as I'm too lazy too.

Maybe I'll download them.
HEATHEN! If you DL them then you'll be missing the joys of holding them in your hands!

plus I gaurnatee you'll read them in the wrong order. The order is very important.

Bass said:
Nonono. Look in #3 of any of the Seven Soldiers. At the back where they have the checklist of all the Seven Soldiers title, read what it says for upcoming issues. All the #4s have "A soldier must die" in 'em.

I think this indicates the death of two Soldiers. One in the first set, and one in the last set.

Having picked up Seven Soldiers #0, Guardian #1-3, Klarion #1-3, Shining Knight #1 and 3, and Zatanna #2 and 3, just yesterday afternoon.... I'm going to have to say that "the Guardian" is going to die...

But the title still reads Seven Soldiers... so one or two of the Soldiers in #0 had to survive round one to be alive for round two in the Seven Soldiers Special.

I hope Vigilante survived... he is Kickass.

Baxter said:
HEATHEN! If you DL them then you'll be missing the joys of holding them in your hands!

plus I gaurnatee you'll read them in the wrong order. The order is very important.

What is the order I -should- read them in?

Dr.Strangefate said:
But the title still reads Seven Soldiers... so one or two of the Soldiers in #0 had to survive round one to be alive for round two in the Seven Soldiers Special.
I hadn't considered that before... Hmmm... My bet would be that Gimmix is the survivor -- the crazy beeyotch has the tenacity of a cockroach, and probability tends to work in her favor, in a Longshot kind of way, if SSoV#0 was any indication.

I don't ordinarily like hanging out with people who are insufferable know-it-alls (partly because I myself am capable of being one, I guess :???: ), but Gimmix has a certain cocky charm, so I'm hoping she made it past the Buffalo Spider in one piece.

Dr.Strangefate said:
What is the order I -should- read them in?
There's no SHOULD about it, really -- I'm not planning to read/buy Klarion and Shining Knight until the other mini-series are over, mostly because of financial constraints, but I'm having no trouble appreciating the remaining books, despite the over-lapping plot elements.

I'm under the impression that they more or less take place simultaneously, anyway...

So just read them in whatever order you fancy, according to which titles personally interest you the most, I guess *shrugs*

Oh my God! Compound returns!

Did Morrison ever say there was an official timeline?

Okay, NOW I take it back, sort of -- the order of the books doesn't matter, as long as each issue of each mini-series is read in order, with SSoV #0, as the necessary prologue. BUT you can't really skip ANY of the other books, if you want the bigger storyline to make sense, as a whole.

For example, I just read Zatanna #3, alongside Guardian #4, and I recognized
Don Vincenzo as the aged Kid Scarface from the Original Newsboy Legion
BUT I had no idea what his role in the present storyline is, because I haven't read any issues of Shining Knight.

Actually, I'm barely piecing together who exactly Gloriana is meant to be, and what the Harrowing is/was, and what the Sheeda's motivations are, because I haven't read Klarion either.

So the books aren't nearly as self-contained as I'd hoped for them to be, but it *is* meant to be a cross-over event, after all.

In any case, most Soldiers readers have probably already seen this annotation (of sorts), but it nicely points out all the possible inter-connected symbolisms, ideas, and plot elements, throughout the different mini-series.

Last edited:
I got 'em all, hunting through Milwaukee's Comic Stores (i even got all the #1's so i'm happy)

Its fantastic.

Mister Miracle #1 didnt really impress me today....

Latest posts

Back