Which Ultimate X Character Is In Dire Need of Change?

Guijllons said:
Nightcrawler definitely needs more fleshing out though, he's the kooky happy blue guy, and little more than that right now.

That's what I'm saying... He's kinda just there egging on the fights and pointing out all of the relationships. He's gotta get more into the fold and he's gotta be able to have scenes outside of the Danger Room.

Guijllons said:
Nightcrawler definitely needs more fleshing out though, he's the kooky happy blue guy, and little more than that right now.
I agree. Although I hope 'fleshing him out' doesn't entail making him much darker than necessary. He's certainly shown a bit of bad-assery before, but I think it's fine if we keep him as the happy go lucky guy with lethal skillzorz.

Well, he's supposed to be the optimistic one. The scene where Storm threatens to kill him on top of the mansion exemplifies this. He is someone who someone can confide in, unfortunately, we haven't seen much of that since. It's a shame, too, that's one of my favorite scenes from Vaughan so far.

I hope magnetic north will flesh out some of these characters. Yes, I agree that Dazzler has gotten a lot of action, but she hasn't been fleshed out much. I like her powers a lot, but they could do something about her history. N one was in a rock band forever.

If we could see more of Angel and Dazz's relationship, not just the making out part, it might be worth it for them to actually have one.

Nightcrawler, on the other hand, just needs to sneak out on a mission or two.

I just hope they don't go halfway with characters like Angel or Dazzler. Either flesh them out into full three-dimensional characters, or keep them one-dimensional filler (like Dazzler's joint cynicism/comedy role). I hate it when characters get stuck in the middle (like I think happened to Gwen Stacy), where they're showing signs of potential 3Dness, but the author never goes on to fully explore the character.

And that's what's happening to Nightcrawler. We get this one really cool moment where, in a tense situation, empathizes for his teammates, something not too many characters on the team would do, especially for Storm now that she's got the edge to her.

Yeah, I'm with you on either flesh them out or let them be. Dazz and Angel especially. Both of them have very different ideals and ways to live their lives yet, still, they are together. There's got to be something to either one of them or both. I think Vaughan should definitely take a look at this with a microscope.

I think Gambit was just great, until he died. Collosus, no oofence to anyone, i do not like the idea he is gay. I think Juggernaut should have been the gay one. I mean what lady is gonna want to do it with him?

What kind of man would want to do it with him?

Funny how this thread started with a guy wanting more character and past from Cyclops, and Cyclops might be the next X-Man to die too young, and too underused.

And Jean won't die, she's on the cover to Ultimate Power which is in the future from the Cable arc.

I think Gambit was just great, until he died. Collosus, no oofence to anyone, i do not like the idea he is gay. I think Juggernaut should have been the gay one. I mean what lady is gonna want to do it with him?

People become gay due to rejection from the opposite sex?

Um, Juggernaut's hot, thanks.

Am I the only one on the face of the planet that wants to see Colossus/Logan explored again? It was rather awkwardly dropped.

Last edited:
Juggernaut is too butch to be hot... And his head is too wide.

Colossus stikes the nice balance between great body, and sensitive mind.

I would like to see Colossus' massive crush on Wolverine explored a little more, but as a gay reader, I have to say that I'd be disapointed if they went back to Colossus just being hopelessly in love with a heterosexual rather than exploring his relationship with Northstar.

"Butch"..? *n00b* >>

I don't disagree that Colossus is both of those things. Just saying I don't see what's particularly appalling about Juggy. Except for his size possibly accidently causing harm to someone he's with. Ouch.

Yeah, not exactly wanting Colossus's hemosexuality to become a running joke again. It's just a bit bizzare to see a crush that ended up coming out as a defining moment in Return of the King suddenly go poof. It could be argued that Peter lost some respect after the Savage Land rumble was discovered, but at least a passing mention to the fact that he's moved on would be nice. ^^

Latest posts

Back