Who Am I? game (movies)

It's the greatest film ever made. ;) Of course I wouldn't miss it.

Alright...

- I'm a murderer who was, in turn, murdered myself.
- I possess supernatural powers.
- Although my primary series is allegedly finished, I continue to appear in other films and other media.

Freddy Kreuger.

-I used to be a soldier
-My sidekick survives to tell my story
-My first and last name starts with the same letter.

Three more clues:

-I'm just a man, not a god. I can break wind at both ends simultaneously - which is more than any god can do.

-I meet a British author who is famous for writing a Book about the Jungle.

-I teach savages how to slaughter each other like civilized men.

-I teach savages how to slaughter each other like civilized men.
Personally, I take offense at this clue. However, since it's written from the perspective of the character, i'll let it pass.

Just the same, it was obvious that I haven't seen the film this character appears in, but I was intruiged enough with the clues to look this up (colonization -- and its present-day after-effects -- being my area of academic expertise, in college).

I managed to figure out that it's probably Daniel Dravot, the character played by Sean Connery in The Man Who Would Be King (which, I might add, has an awful, awful premise -- I like to think of myself as having a well-developed sense of humor, but I find it very, very difficult to enjoy a film that involves "foolish natives" as part of its central premise, if it refuses to treat them with any kind of humanity, like The Gods Must Be Crazy trilogy did).

Last edited:
You are correct Compound, Daniel Dravot it is.

The film was based on a Rudyard Kipling short story. If anything, the short story was meant to show the arrogance of colonial England through two absoluetly idiotic former Brit soldiers who find that outsmarting the "foolish natives" isn't as easy as it looks...and in fact, turns deadly when they try.

Anyway, sorry for any offense. You win, go next.

PS. the offensive clue is actually a quote from the film.

Last edited:
The film was based on a Rudyard Kipling short story. If anything, the short story was meant to show the arrogance of colonial England through two absoluetly idiotic former Brit soldiers who find that outsmarting the "foolish natives" isn't as easy as it looks...and in fact, turns deadly when they try.
Hmmmm. Okay, so it's a lot more nuanced than the IMBD entry makes it appear, then. Interesting. Will defintiely have to look for a pirated DVD of it. Has it been reissued on DVD fairly recently (in the last 5 years)? If not, I may need to borrow the original form somoebody who has a copy.

Next set of clues:

- I have developed theories related to time travel.
- I was alive in the 1980s.
- I was alive in the late 19th century.
- I live in suburbia.
- I have no idea who Marty McFly is.

Last edited:
Hmmm... Interesting guess. Not the anwer I had in mind, though.

Incidentally, what movie has suggested he was alive in the 1980s? If there is one, i'm not familiar with it.

I'll post another clue, after the next guess.

Oh hell... what was the Jack the Ripper time travel flick... Time after Time. That was it.

Plus in the Original Time Machine he didn't really skip everything, but watched it at an accelerated pace, so he was alive in the 80s if we was around after.

Last edited:
Oh hell... what was the Jack the Ripper time travel flick... Time after Time. That was it.
Sorry -- 1974. I had that in mind, from the time you made the guess.

Plus in the Original Time Machine he didn't really skip everything, but watched it at an accelerated pace, so he was alive in the 80s if we was around after.
Fine. I'll buy that reasoning.

But it's still not the answer I was looking for.

Besides, while Bromley, Kent is decidedly a "suburb" of Greater London, I think it's debatable whether it satisfied the description of "suburbia", which is the description I used in the original set of clues.

I'm stumped, uhhh Albert Einstein? (I figure that there had to have been a biopic about him).
Wow! Another great guess, but no.

I can't verify if Einstein ever lived in suburbia, and i'm not quite sure whether he was ever involved with any religion.

Besides, as I noted in the guidelines, when I started this game, I'd refrain from picking historical figures from biopics as possible answers. I assure you the solution is strictly fictional.

I hope I didn't pick a character too obscure :?

I'm fairly certain s/he comes from a reasonably popular movie; or at least one with a fond cult reputation.

Here are some more clues.

- I am not the main character in the movie I appreard in.
- I have been given a nickname by certain people in my neighborhood.

Latest posts

Back