• Scarlet Witch

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Quicksilver

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Hank Pym (as whoever)

Votes: 19 32.2%

• Total voters

MoS

I'd bet on a fair amount of character carnage by the end of #12. By "survive" I mean in a living, breathing, non-comatose state - not necessarily that the character will be in Ultimates V3, just that the character survives V2.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
I think Widow might bite it too. Honestly I don't think Millar's got the balls to kill anyone else off. Only Widow cause she's the traitor.
And there has been more than one widow in the regular Marvel U, right?

I too, thought of this. Where is the "No one dies" option? It's not guaranteed anyone will die.

If I have to pick one - I'd guess Hank Pym in a redeeming, heroic sacrifice for all the bad things he's done. Indeed, knowing Millar, he'll probably say:

"I've made a lot of mistakes, Jan. I just want you to know that I'm really and truly sorry and I'm going to make it up to you.
Remember me well."

Then boom as he gets murderised by some kind of atom-smashing machine of death.

But only if my whole "cake" theory doesn't pan out.

Last edited:
Bass said:
I too, thought of this. Where is the "No one dies" option? It's not guaranteed anyone will die.

If I have to pick one - I'd guess Hank Pym in a redeeming, heroic sacrifice for all the bad things he's done. Indeed, knowing Millar, he'll probably say:

"I've made a lot of mistakes, Jan. I just want you to know that I'm really and truly sorry and I'm going to make it up to you.
Remember me well."

Then boom as he gets murderised by some kind of atom-smashing machine of death.

But only if my whole "cake" theory doesn't pan out.

If I could figure out how to edit the poll, I'd add option #11 -

Everyone survives and has cake.

After all the shiznet goes down, and the heroes save the day......

Thor: I am back mortals, how dareth you not knoweth I wasth telling the truth?
Cap: They thought I was the traitor, seriously, why would I be the traitor, I love this country, soldier.
Iron Man: I porked Black Widow.
Jan: Well, as being the last token female on this parody, I made cake.
Hawkeye: That's going to help me feel much better.
Iron Man: I love cake, so doesn't my brain tumor
Cap: Cake is great honey, now get back in the kitchen, and make me more
Nick: First my eye, now my arm.....this sucks, but this cake shall make it all better
Thor: Do we have any Ale for this caketh wench?
Ultron: Hank made me have this option, a keg for a chest in the shape of roboboobs

Everyone laughs as they eat cake.

End of Ultimates #12

Near the smouldering wreckage of the Triskelion...

CAP: God Bless America! We saved the day. Again. Party hats and cake for everybody, folks.

ALL: Yay!

FURY: ...

CAP: ?

FURY: Aren't we forgetting something?

Arlington National Cemetary, two weeks later...

Cap lays down a party hat and slice of moldy cake on Hawkeye's grave.

CAP: I can't believe they hid him in a spider-hole in the basement fo the Iraqi Embassy.

JAN (licking the icing stains from around her mouth): Do they sell this over the counter, or was it a custom order?

CAP gives her a disapproving look.

JAN: I was just asking.

FURY: He was a damn good man.

The redeemed PYM lays a sympathetic hand on FURY's shoulder, as tears well up in his eyes.

SHIELD PAROLE OFFICER: No touching!

Last edited:
Wait -- people are going to die?! No!

Ultimate Houde said:
After all the shiznet goes down, and the heroes save the day......

Thor: I am back mortals, how dareth you not knoweth I wasth telling the truth?
Cap: They thought I was the traitor, seriously, why would I be the traitor, I love this country, soldier.
Iron Man: I porked Black Widow.
Jan: Well, as being the last token female on this parody, I made cake.
Hawkeye: That's going to help me feel much better.
Iron Man: I love cake, so doesn't my brain tumor
Cap: Cake is great honey, now get back in the kitchen, and make me more
Nick: First my eye, now my arm.....this sucks, but this cake shall make it all better
Thor: Do we have any Ale for this caketh wench?
Ultron: Hank made me have this option, a keg for a chest in the shape of roboboobs

Everyone laughs as they eat cake.

Avengers anno 1960.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I think Widow might bite it too. Honestly I don't think Millar's got the balls to kill anyone else off. Only Widow cause she's the traitor.
If she bites it, get prepared to have a resurrection when Loeb comes on than.

icemastertron said:
If she bites it, get prepared to have a resurrection when Loeb comes on than.
Weren't all those character sketches labelled as tentative, though? I know I've seen Joe Mad sketches of Cap and the Widow, but have you seen any others?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Correct. I don't know why some people can't accept that.

Not only that, but this is a company who had a high-profile and well-paid artist create a fake page to throw off spoilers. No reason they wouldn't ask Loeb to be slightly untruthful for the same reasons.

Black Widow won't die.

The fact that she's a superpowered espionage agent (or at least enhanced) coupled with the fact that she evaded capture for over a decade after the Cold War, and the fact that we know she was purposely captured to join the Ultimates tells me she'll slip out at the end.

If Hawkeye survives U2, it gives him a reason to... I don't know... AVENGE some deaths... It also gives him an Arch Nemesis who's on par with him in every way...

It would also leave Tony with very conflicted feelings, he still loves her, she may love him, but its gone all too far past that for them to possibly be together.

I think the Wasp will die at the hands of Ultron (who is obviously going to get out of control), and that's what's going to make Hank Pym switch sides again...

I think that Wanda might kick the bucket, giving Pietro the chance to really shine (just like her death did in AoA)

I'm also pretty damn sure this is going to end with Thor taking down the wall's of Loki's Hell, and then "rising into heaven" on the rainbow bridge to Asgard...

Millar's not going to drop the Christ Symbolism...

But Thor will be back, i'm sure of it... I just pray to the Odinson that Millar exploits this to turn the belief of Thor and the Norse Gods into a thriving religion in the US and abroad.

I also think they will end up as the Ultimate Avengers on U3. It would be a nice homage that like the regular version, Loki was one of the causes why the Avengers were formed.

Also Mad may have concept sketches of Widow for U3, but that doesn't mean she'll be part of the Ultimates? Still isn't Wizard part of the Sentry hoax a few years back? They also mentioned Crossover as if it was 100% sure that the other Reed was from regular Marvel.

Latest posts

Back