Who is going to take over after Ellis?

I think that Vauhgan will do a good job. I mean look at Mystique. I think he should be up there with Bendis and Millar. I fhe got the chance I think he would do a good job

I am still saying that someone else should do it. Again, Vaughan doesn't have a very scientific approach to his stories.

I am still saying that someone else should do it. Again, Vaughan doesn't have a very scientific approach to his stories.

But why does it have to be scientific? He doesn't have to write the same book as Ellis; actually it would be lame if he did. Sci-fi is not the only way to write the FF. Waid does not write a sci-fi FF, and I don't think Bendis/Millar's was particularly sci-fi either.

The only real science guy in the FF is Reed. I mean what else does he do but try to cure Ben. I dont really think that there is a need for the FF to use science. Its more like a fantasy world.

But why does it have to be scientific? He doesn't have to write the same book as Ellis; actually it would be lame if he did. Sci-fi is not the only way to write the FF. Waid does not write a sci-fi FF, and I don't think Bendis/Millar's was particularly sci-fi either.

Thats what I meant. I just said it different that related to GW's post.

Well, I think it is something different and that approach works. They really aren't super heroes, but they are just thrust into these positions... If they were just given scientific tasks that called for adventure, it would be a very refreshing comic book... One that didn't have to rely on villains.

icemastertron said:
But where's the real fun without villains?

No, it wouldnt be fun. What would the the comic books world be without villans. That would be a very sad thing

Therein lies the beauty of Ellis' run. He could successfully pull off this Negative Zone arc without a villain... If it was a huge exploration/ adventure, it would be interesting as hell. Sure, there could be problems, but do you really have to rely on evil cliches for stories all the time?

Well I can see why Ellis is doing the N-Zone arc. The First arc is to set up the Fantastic Four. The second arc is the find Van Dame and try to cure them. The N-Zone is to try and reverse the accident to cure AT LEAST Ben. But there has to be at least one villian

There might be some kind of N-Zone villain. Is there any in normal FF verse?

I´m with Godwill on this one. I don´t think there has to be a villain for a story to be interesting and good. I actually hope that there isn´t a specific villain in the N-zone, but rather that the arc focus on the zone itself, and its relation to "earth-space". The story could still be filled with suspense, drama and adventure. And also it could give time for some characterisaton of the four.

´m with Godwill on this one. I don´t think there has to be a villain for a story to be interesting and good.

True, but that would get boring after a while dont you think? I mean, with no villains, theres no point for heros then really if you think about it.

icemastertron said:
True, but that would get boring after a while dont you think? I mean, with no villains, theres no point for heros then really if you think about it.

Well, I don´t think it would get boring if it was for one arc now and then. And also, the FF wouldn´t really have to BE heroes then. They could be explorers and scientists.

I get the feeling that the Fantastic Four aren't heroes, born and bred like many of the others that we see in the Ultimates or Spider-Man. They are merely going to fight Doom for something that will benefit their lives, you know? There are tons of things flying around in this title that could carry on and I hope they do.

Also, for one arc, it should be alright. There are some loose ends with Reed's family that could be explored there, too, you know?

I get the feeling that the Fantastic Four aren't heroes, born and bred like many of the others that we see in the Ultimates or Spider-Man

Ellis said before he started that he would not be writing a superhero book.

There are some loose ends with Reed's family that could be explored there, too, you know?

I'm not sure what ends are loose; it's pretty open-and-shut that they don't care much for Reed or what he's doing. There are aspects of that relationship that could be explored but I don't know that I'd call them "loose ends"...

Dark_Images said:
Can anybody else name some of the Four's rogues or other noteworthy nemesis'?

I am surprised no one has considered that in the regular Marvel universe the negative zone (n-zone) is where Annihilus came from a constant badie the FF fought.. besides that some other popuular rogues or nemesis could be the Puppet Master, the Wizard and his Frightful Four. The Fantastic Four also constantly fought the Skrulls which I believe are the aliens that the Ultimates were fighting in their second storyline.
I know this might sound cheesy considering the current hulk and thing miniseries but I'd love to see the Ultimate Hulk and Thing fight it out... the

Latest posts

Back