Who is going to take over after Ellis?

Rene is right. Reed is a scientist. Sue is too, but not nearly on the same level. That's only half the team. You can only have so much of the same bantering between Johnny and Ben.

René said:
Okay lets say that the book has no villians at all... what will Ben and Johnny do? Ben is not a scientist, he's a good hearted guy that looks after his friends. Johnny is looking for a fight! If you noticed during both of these story arcs we only focus on Reed and Sue what about the other two?

I'm not insuating that the title have no villians at all, I'm just pointing out that a book doesn't have to rely on the gimmick of a supervillian every arc. I'm sure Ben and Johnny will have their hands full in the Negative Zone arc, and Ellis has stated that that arc will not feature any ultimized supervilliany. Besides, weren't the Fantastic Four always more adventures than superheroes per se?

In regards to the title being about scientists, a certain amount of credibility has to be paid to that aspect of the title or it begins to lose some of it's realism.

I agree with you about making the book credible. I dont expect to see any villians in this coming story arc. but there has to be something for Ben and Johnny to do.

Ben and Johnny should have a bigger role in the book too! Its called the Fantastic Four not the Fantastic Two. Reed and Sue are the only ones doing all the work.

In the McNiven article, he said that he was interested in writing. Do you think he's an option for this book? Not only is he familiar with the characters appearances, but I'm sure he also knows some about their 616 counterparts just by reading the scripts that he's given for MK4. What do you guys think?

Goodwill said:
In the McNiven article, he said that he was interested in writing. Do you think he's an option for this book? Not only is he familiar with the characters appearances, but I'm sure he also knows some about their 616 counterparts just by reading the scripts that he's given for MK4. What do you guys think?

I would think they'd be more inclined to go with a more established writer, maybe another big name like Ellis. UFF isn't doing quite as well as the other Ultimate books, and they might look to give it a little kickstart. I wonder how much longer Grant Morrison is exclusive to DC? Hmmm...

Not a bad idea at all... Although it probably won't happen, Morrison would be a great person to have because he's such a great writer. Not only can he breathe new life into tired characters, but he's not afraid to make change. He did a lot for the X-Men and, although, all of the stuff he did is not around, he still did a lot at the time. I'd like to see him on this title.

Goodwill said:
Not a bad idea at all... Although it probably won't happen, Morrison would be a great person to have because he's such a great writer. Not only can he breathe new life into tired characters, but he's not afraid to make change. He did a lot for the X-Men and, although, all of the stuff he did is not around, he still did a lot at the time. I'd like to see him on this title.

Not only that, but it's very possible that he already has some ideas. Marvel almost slated him to start UFF in the first place.

Hey GW, there is somthing from Morrison that's still around: 'Second Mutation'. Plus, didn't he create the Cuckos sisters, and Dust?

District X, too, which has its own title now... I was just saying that he killed off Magneto, he's back, Xorn was supposed to be done away with, he's back... There's just things that Morrison did that aren't around anymore all because Marvel wants to make monety off of these characters again. It's like they can't come up with a villain to replace Magneto. It's insane!

Also, if Magneto was Xorn, how can the Xorn we know now be the Xorn that Magneto was his twin? That doesn't make much sense to me... Austen, would you like to explain that to us?

Austen is in no position to explain this. Austen was a puppet, doing what the editors told him to. And he's with DC now anyway.

I am soooo glad I dropped this book.

Anyway, back to the new writer speculation...

Do you not think that Austen could do a title like this? He's incredible with action, but can't write an explanation for something to save his life... What do you think?

No. And besides, the fan outrage at putting him on the title would be too overwhelming. But I do agree with you about his writing skills.

Yeah, I hear that he can really make people mad with what he does... I don't understand that, really, I mean, it's their money, if you don't like it, don't buy it.

Latest posts

Back