Who should get the 5th Ultimate Ongoing Series? (Multiple Choice)

Who should get the 5th Ultimate Ongoing?

• Total voters

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Let's get it right this time. I chose the people based off of appearances in seperate Ultimate titles. If the character seems like they might have some sort of adventurous backstory that could be turned into an ongoing, then they're up for nomination. Take Gambit for example. A lot of story could be told with his past. Anyway, the threads made as a result of Joe Q's beating around the bush about a 5th ongoing in the Ultimate Universe. I made it multiple choice because one option is kinda difficult. You could think Daredevil is just as good as a candidate as Academy of Tomorrow and this isn't about who you want, it's about who you think is gonna get it. Obviously Joe Q's got some idea from people who have appeared so far so options like "Blade" are on the poll because I doubt they're gonna consider an ongoing about a character that hasn't been recieved yet. Go to town kids. And if this one fails, I give up.

I went with...

Ultimate Daredevil: Obvious. But not only because I'm a fanboy. A lot of people agree (nearly as many that disagree) that Ultimate Daredevil is one of Marvel Universes top heroes that still needs an established presence in the Ultimate Universe. I agree with Overlord that he's got a lot of storytelling to do and a lot of characters that can be Ultimized.

Ultimate Hellions (Academy of Tomorrow): It is impossible to keep the Ultimate Universe self contained in 4 titles. This group is a major part of Ultimate X-Men's mythology and should be expanded upon appropriately.

Ultimate Hawk-Owl & Woody:Give us a taste of Chicago. These guys were introduced and then disappeared. They're gold in the Ultimate Universe everyone loves them and I doubt anyone would complain about seeing more of them.

I'd prefer none. But if there is going to be one, I hope it's something original like Ultimate Captain Mahr Vehl or Ultimate Nick Fury.

I voted for...

Ultimate Heroes for Hire- Iron Fist has always been a favorite of mine, I would like to see him used more. Shang Chi is cool too, besides if they had their own title think of all the other characters that could be ultimized, Luke Cage! The Cat (aka complete badass)! Uh Jen Walters, yeah!

Ultimate Hulk- If he is gonna get new powers for the Hulk Wolverine mini then I wanna see him use them against someone else besides the Canuck (Fury does have Hulk Busters).

Ultimate Hellions- After Magnetic North I think that a story about these kids would interesting.

Last edited:
Ultimate Nick Fury & SHIELD - I think that fact that I like Fury's and SHIELD's appearances in Ultimate Spider-man just as much as in the Ultimates means that I like the organization, even without superheroes. As it seems that SHIELD won't be around with the Ultimates in volume 3, give them their own book. And have Hawkeye and Dugan go around and kick ***.

Ultimate Defenders - Hulk, Namor, Strange, Norrin Rad. They do awesome stuff like ... uh... I'm not sure exactly. But it'd be a way to see these characters more.

Ultimate Academy of Tomorrow - An easy way to keep the X-squads small without getting rid of characters that time and effort was put into characterising.

Ultimate Hawk-Owl and Woody - I loved this mini-series so friggin much. Issue 4 (the one with the Ultimates) is one of my favorite issues of any Ultimate book.

iceman said:
Ultimate Defenders - Hulk, Namor, Strange, Norrin Rad. They do awesome stuff like ... uh... I'm not sure exactly. But it'd be a way to see these characters more.

I really doubt any of those Ultimate versions of the characters you listed would joining the Defenders...mainly because they're a bunch of losers. For one, if the Ultimates couldn't handle the Hulk, the Defenders damn sure can't. The same can be said of Namor, since he's apparently the most powerful being on the planet and is also a bad guy. Dr. Strange I could maybe see joining up, but only after the Defenders got a bit of credibility. And as for Silver Surfer, we don't know much about him besides he's apparently an alien and probably won't be surfing. But the fact he's an alien I think puts him out of the running.

Ultimate Fury as the espionage book of the Ultimate universe. Follows the exploits of a Black Ops team in a downsized SHIELD (Ross is back in charge after Ultimates 2, Fury busted down to a lowly team leader).

Fury is the leader, Hawkeye is their vengeful loose cannon bad- ***, Falcon is their gadgets man, and a classic spy character like Spider Woman could be introduced and maybe another ***- kicking gal to round things out like Danvers. They could also make tense visits to a yet be tried Black Widow to get intel on certain Iron Curtain states. Brubaker should write it.

I voted Hulk, Cap, Mahr-Vell, Dr. Strange and Hawk-Owl. Any of those could be really good. But what I really want is an Ultimate Fantasy-type thing which would be just a collection of minis and one-shots about different characters collected under one title.

And btw...
TheManWithoutFear said:
...this isn't about who you want, it's about who you think is gonna get it.
The title of the thread is "Who should get the 5th Ultimate Ongoing Series?" Might wanna change that so there's no confusion (a as little as possible, let's face it, someone is always confused).

Last edited by a moderator:
TheManWithoutFear said:
...and this isn't about who you want, it's about who you think is gonna get it. ..
Right, because it's obviously about what you want. Daredevil made the cut, but you couldn't put Wolverine in there. LAME! You wolverine haters are the worst. Just because you don't want to see Wolverine in another comic book doesn't mean that it won't still be one of the top sellers in the Ultimate series. Wolverine is a marvel staple. Ultimate Wolverine is a totally different character than his 616 counterpart, and that could really be explored and expanded. But with you claw-blockers out, it starts to look like not that many people want to see wolverine in a comic book. In reality though, most people love that little furry bastard. That's why I voted for Via-Post, and I'm saying I'm fine with the lineup just the way it is. but if I had to than I guess it would be Cap and Logan. And also Daredevil is WACK. Nobody wants to read Ultimate Handicap vol. 1.

Synch said:
.....Ultimate Wolverine is a totally different character than his 616 counterpart.........

Really??? How??? They really do seem the same to me. Both used to be bad guys...both are older than they look...both have hidden memories...both pine away for Jean...

In reality...they might've well just made this whole Ultimate Wolverine gig just another dimension that 616 got sucked into on one of his MANY adventures.

Synch said:
....In reality though, most people love that little furry bastard....

Most people also love greasy fast food.......but that don't mean that we should just shut up and take some more of it.

I'm quite happy with this little Hulk/Wolverine special...but that's all.

Synch said:
....And also Daredevil is WACK. Nobody wants to read Ultimate Handicap vol. 1.

While DD is far from "wack"........you get much points for the funny. "Ultimate Handicap"... :lol:

Oh yeah....for the sake of the thread topic....

I vote for Punisher...DD...and Hellions (espcially the espionage aspect with Angel now expelled from X's school).

Last edited:
As I said before I think Ultimate Daredevil has the most story telling potenial of all the characters listed. Now not a lot about DD has change and I can't think of a twist to put the character, but one thing that could be changed is his rogues gallery, which in my opinion needs a a major face lift.

I think even a lame villain like Cobra could be changed into a more down to Earth, yet fearsome villain if he was brought into the Ultimate Universe. Besides the Ultimate Universe lacks an urban crime drama title, something DD would give it.

Victor Von Doom said:
Really??? How??? They really do seem the same to me. Both used to be bad guys...both are older than they look...both have hidden memories...both pine away for Jean...

Well for one thing both used to be bad guys, pine for Jean, older than they look, hidden memories, that's the basis of the wolverine character. Just like he has all those similarities. Ultimate Cap and 616 Cap are both guys from the past, who now live in the present, are ultra patriotic, and can whoop ***. Ultimate/616 Iron Man both where a suit to protect them from a life ending disease. And so and so forth down the line throughout every Ultimate character. It's the differences that make the ultimate versions ultimate. Ultimate Wolverine is not a samurai, and doesn't have that background, at least i don't think so anyway. He's not as honor-based as 616 wolverine. and those little bits of history differences make him a different wolverine.

And since I, like millions of other wolverine fans all over the world, love the canuck. I will mindlessly support a bid here for one of my favorite marvel characters. (ie. MWOF and DD)

The Overlord said:
... Ultimate Universe lacks an urban crime drama title, something DD would give it.

I would rather see someone else take on that role, like Luke Cage. And anybody who read the Cage MAX mini, would agree that they can do some things with that character, that can be highly entertaining.

Synch, I really apologize. I thought the poll was perfect and then realized there was no Wolverine and there should've been. I shouldn't of added an "other" option because Wolverine just would've completed all of the candidates and "Other" really makes no sense here. So if you want Wolverine vote for "Other". Sorry..... again :arrgh:

I like what you guys have done so far. Pretty colors and all that. :twisted:

Well, in the other incarnations of this thread I've posted points of view on why a fifth series could be relevant, and tried to choose a character or group that fit with that.

I couldn't be bothered with that again, so I'll resort to good old fanboyism and just a tad of national pride.

Captain Britain needs his own series.

TheManWithoutFear said:
realized there was no Wolverine and there should've been.
Now that that has been said I'm withdrawing all my votes, and saying Hulk would probably be the best. I was just boosting Wolverine because somebody didn't think he was important enough to make the poll. Also I would like to officially go on record as saying that Captain Britain is UnAmerican.

Synch said:
Now that that has been said I'm withdrawing all my votes, and saying Hulk would probably be the best. I was just boosting Wolverine because somebody didn't think he was important enough to make the poll.

Well you can still vote for other regarding Wolverine. But it's multiple choice so anyone else you want is good too.
Synch said:
Also I would like to officially go on record as saying that Captain Britain is UnAmerican.
:twisted:

Latest posts

Back