Who should get the 5th Ultimate Ongoing Series? (Multiple Choice)

Who should get the 5th Ultimate Ongoing?

• Total voters
I'd be disappointed with an Ultimate Thor ongoing, we'd undoubtedly be introduced to mystical realms and pantheons of super-gods; totally destroying the careful balance that Millar has kept us enthralled with.

Guijllons said:
I'd be disappointed with an Ultimate Thor ongoing, we'd undoubtedly be introduced to mystical realms and pantheons of super-gods; totally destroying the careful balance that Millar has kept us enthralled with.

That's why I think it would be better to introduce them as fellow 'crazies' like Thor. Write everything so it could be interpreted both ways. Unless of course, Millar is gonna spill the beans in the next few issues. Likewise with the Union, I'd love to see that mini, Ultimate Excalibur, with more of the European members instead of Nightcrawler, Megan etc. But I think it's rather likely Millar's gonna kill 'em but good.

Fuzzy Birds said:
That's why I think it would be better to introduce them as fellow 'crazies' like Thor. Write everything so it could be interpreted both ways. Unless of course, Millar is gonna spill the beans in the next few issues. Likewise with the Union, I'd love to see that mini, Ultimate Excalibur, with more of the European members instead of Nightcrawler, Megan etc. But I think it's rather likely Millar's gonna kill 'em but good.
I think Millar has already spilt the beans, certainly as much as he needs. An ongoing would explore the Thor too much, it would be demanded that questions should be answers.

I too would love to see an Excalibur mini (I never understood why a British team had so many non-Britons in it), and i think you're right, the Union probably are going to bite it, well, most of em anyway. I'm personally hoping that Cap Britain is refashioned as the leader in place of Captain Norway and has Excalibur with him next time he appears.

Guijllons said:
Agreed. 100%. I feel like anyone who wants a Thor mini is willing to ruin the character just for the sake of it. Same goes for the other Ultimate Spin-off minis (not Ultimate Defenders) I think all of these guys need minis.

Guijllons said:

Well put.

But surely it all depends on who writes right? What if Millar wrote it? I doubt he'd be ruined then. Even if it is someone else writing, we don't necessarily need to see his background or have his Godhood explained, it could just show Thor kicking things like he does now.

Fuzzy Birds said:
But surely it all depends on who writes right? What if Millar wrote it? I doubt he'd be ruined then. Even if it is someone else writing, we don't necessarily need to see his background or have his Godhood explained, it could just show Thor kicking things like he does now.
I don't think Millar would ever write it. Millar isn't the guy who'd throw extra paitn on the painting when it's already dry.

Last edited:
Fuzzy Birds said:
What if Millar wrote the series for ever? That isn't going to happen obviously. Some writer will come along and feel the need to go into Asgard and fight serpents etc.

Just give the series to Orson Scott Card and let him do random issues when and how he feels.

Thor....Card Style!!!!!! :rockon:

I'm soooooo not serious... 8)

Guijllons said:
What if Millar wrote the series for ever? That isn't going to happen obviously. Some writer will come along and feel the need to go into Asgard and fight serpents etc.

Well, looks like we won't need a Thor series for that, we'll just have to wait 'til Ultimates 3 or 4.:wink:

Victor Von Doom said:
Just give the series to Orson Scott Card and let him do random issues when and how he feels.

Thor....Card Style!!!!!! :rockon:

I'm soooooo not serious... 8)

HAhahaHAHhah, I thought you were for a moment.

(Btw, I edited your original post to save room. Everyone has got the punchline now so I didn't want to overdo it)

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm interested in hearing if the people who voted Hulk actually read 616 Hulk. I think Hulk would be best as a mini. Too much Hulk is definitely a bad thing.

Too be fair the Hulk was way better written in certain peroids (ex: Peter David's peroid) then other comics like Iron Man. However the reason why 616 Hulk works to a degree, is because he is anti hero. In UU Hulk is a pure villain and its very hard to a series about a villain. Plus how would other gamma mutants like the Leader be introduced?

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't think Millar would ever write it. Millar isn't the guy who'd throw extra paitn on the painting when it's already dry.
True.

But that doesn't mean he's not considering it. He'll probably only do it if he feels he has something goofy or meaningful to say about the character. He's probably hoping to do both.

The Overlord said:
Too be fair the Hulk was way better written in certain peroids (ex: Peter David's peroid) then other comics like Iron Man. However the reason why 616 Hulk works to a degree, is because he is anti hero. In UU Hulk is a pure villain and its very hard to a series about a villain. Plus how would other gamma mutants like the Leader be introduced?
Nah, he's not a villain. Banner is a good guy for a start, and in the Ultimates annual it says that Hulk took out some bandits. It seems that the townsfolk in the area were not harmed at all. Whether this is down to the townsfolk not shooting at him or some sense of moral justice we dunno, but it isn't as clear cut as saying Hulk is out and out bad.

The character has a lot of weight, just not enough for an ongoing, I feel.

Guijllons said:
Nah, he's not a villain. Banner is a good guy for a start, and in the Ultimates annual it says that Hulk took out some bandits. It seems that the townsfolk in the area were not harmed at all. Whether this is down to the townsfolk not shooting at him or some sense of moral justice we dunno, but it isn't as clear cut as saying Hulk is out and out bad.

The character has a lot of weight, just not enough for an ongoing, I feel.
Regardless of if the villagers shot at him. Hulk from Ultimates Vol. 1 would've attacked them. I think the point being made is Banner is in more control now.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Regardless of if the villagers shot at him. Hulk from Ultimates Vol. 1 would've attacked them. I think the point being made is Banner is in more control now.
From the images we've seen from the Hulk/Wolverine mini I'd tend to agree. These obvious shaman style beads he was wearing certainly suggests that Banner is trying to find some way of consolidating himself with the Hulk.

Guijllons said:
From the images we've seen from the Hulk/Wolverine mini I'd tend to agree. These obvious shaman style beads he was wearing certainly suggests that Banner is trying to find some way of consolidating himself with the Hulk.
Yeah, I just wonder what finally gave Banner control. Will it be just Xavier's sessions or has he met someone else helping him cope.

*Damn this is a better discussion then Wolverine's damn adamantium bones. Wrong thread though*

As I've established before, each title represents a different cornerstone in rounding out the universe:
  1. Ultimate Spider-Man - A teen drama about a boy growing up to be a man in a big world of superhuman craziness.
  2. Ultimate X-Men - Sociopolitical examination of superhuman's place in the world and his relationship to established human society
  3. The Ultimates - Geopolitical look at superhumans as the new military asset and their place in international relations.
  4. Ultimate Fantastic Four - Sci-fi adventure comedy exploring the frontier edges of the ever-changing world of superscience and big ticket imagineering.

With that in mind, I put in a good word for Dr. Strange simply because its a good opportunity to for a consciousness-expanding look at the inter-related aspects of spirituality, occult, the supernatural, the paranormal and the inexplicable.

Whereas UXM, UFF and the Ultimates ask the question of how big things in superhuman-touched society can change everything on a wide-scale level, a title like Ultimate Strange would ask about how the same things affect the intimate aspects of our lives, just as USM asks about an individual's place in society.

Think about it: USM is mostly about Peter's supporting cast dealing with intense change wrought about by their encounters with superhumans. Ultimate Strange would look at why we believe in the things we do in the face of various circumstances, superhuman or otherwise and how we explain the inexplicable.

There's more to be said about that, but I have work to do.

I hope that he controls himself by dreaming of naked women, like in 616.

I bet strangefate doesn't hope that though.

oops pow surprise!

Latest posts

Back