Who should get the 5th Ultimate Ongoing Series? (Multiple Choice)

Who should get the 5th Ultimate Ongoing?

• Total voters
I'd also vote for Captain Mahr-Vell a second time around. (I'm just out of it lately) Captain Mahr-Vell amongst the Americans and outrunning remaining Kree, would be cool and it would also give Carol Danvers somewhere to shine. I didn't vote for him originally because I don't see why he can't be recruited on the Ultimates.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'd also vote for Captain Mahr-Vell a second time around. (I'm just out of it lately) Captain Mahr-Vell amongst the Americans and outrunning remaining Kree, would be cool and it would also give Carol Danvers somewhere to shine. I didn't vote for him originally because I don't see why he can't be recruited on the Ultimates.
I was thinking the same thing about captain britain except replace "I'd" with "I wouldn't","a second time" with "ever" and then "recruited on" with "destroyed because he is an imminent anti-american threat by". I mean it's basically the same thing.

Guijllons said:
Lemme get this straight. You think Captain Britain is a threat to America?
Hey it's not me, I mean according to the terrorist handbook: UnAmerican=AntiAmerican=TerroristThreat=Must be neutralized. Therefore according to deductive logic Unamericans Must be neutralized. Haven't you been watching the news, it's the American way.

Synch said:
Hey it's not me, I mean according to the terrorist handbook: UnAmerican=AntiAmerican=TerroristThreat=Must be neutralized. Therefore according to deductive logic Unamericans Must be neutralized. Haven't you been watching the news, it's the American way.
Heh, yeah, good point. It's only a matter of time.

Synch said:
I would rather see someone else take on that role, like Luke Cage. And anybody who read the Cage MAX mini, would agree that they can do some things with that character, that can be highly entertaining.

Yes, a pity Millar has already made Luke Cage a goofy loser as a member of the Ultimate Defenders. Besides does Luke Cage have enough of a supporting cast and rogues gallery to justify a whole series about him? Do we really want to see Ultimate Mr. Fish?

Last edited:
The Overlord said:
Yes, a pity Millar has already made Luke Cage a goofy loser as a member of the Ultimate Defenders.

Yes, but was "Power Man" - not "Luke Cage".

The Overlord said:
Yes, a pity Millar has already made Luke Cage a goofy loser as a member of the Ultimate Defenders. Besides does Luke Cage have enough of a supporting cast and rogues gallery to justify a whole series about him? Do we really want to see Ultimate Mr. Fish?
he doesn't really have a rogue's gallery, but that could be a good thing. It leaves that area open for imagination. We don't have to keep seeing the same villains over and over again. Since he doesn't have any villains that neccessarily have to be associated with him that allows for some Ultimate creating. Which could be horrible or exceptional.

Synch said:
he doesn't really have a rogue's gallery, but that could be a good thing. It leaves that area open for imagination. We don't have to keep seeing the same villains over and over again. Since he doesn't have any villains that neccessarily have to be associated with him that allows for some Ultimate creating. Which could be horrible or exceptional.
I agree. They could really bring in some new original villains or better yet leave Luke Cage as a regular guy fighting regular street crimes which would mean no "Super" villains just bad corrupt people.

Synch said:

Eh, if Cage is just fighting gangsters and stuff, why not just use ultimate Punisher as the 5th title, because that's what he does. I don't see what special quality Cage brings to the table and plus people could get him confused with Ultimate Power Man.

I guess the question I'm asking is what's the hook? With Punisher you can see the interworkings of a psychopath who takes the law into his own hands, with Daredevil you themes with religion, family, justice (good court room drama scenes). What would seprate Ultimate Luke Cage from any other urban action hero?

Last edited:
randomthoughts said:
Ultimate Fury as the espionage book of the Ultimate universe. Follows the exploits of a Black Ops team in a downsized SHIELD (Ross is back in charge after Ultimates 2, Fury busted down to a lowly team leader).

Fury is the leader, Hawkeye is their vengeful loose cannon bad- ***, Falcon is their gadgets man, and a classic spy character like Spider Woman could be introduced and maybe another ***- kicking gal to round things out like Danvers. They could also make tense visits to a yet be tried Black Widow to get intel on certain Iron Curtain states. Brubaker should write it.

Good thoughts, really like that idea.

Synch said:
Right, because it's obviously about what you want. Daredevil made the cut, but you couldn't put Wolverine in there. LAME! You wolverine haters are the worst. Just because you don't want to see Wolverine in another comic book doesn't mean that it won't still be one of the top sellers in the Ultimate series. Wolverine is a marvel staple. Ultimate Wolverine is a totally different character than his 616 counterpart, and that could really be explored and expanded.

No, he's not. They're exactly the same.

But with you claw-blockers out, it starts to look like not that many people want to see wolverine in a comic book. In reality though, most people love that little furry bastard. That's why I voted for Via-Post, and I'm saying I'm fine with the lineup just the way it is. but if I had to than I guess it would be Cap and Logan. And also Daredevil is WACK. Nobody wants to read Ultimate Handicap vol. 1.

I'm not against Wolverine, as I personally like the character, but also agree he's way overused.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm interested in hearing if the people who voted Hulk actually read 616 Hulk. I think Hulk would be best as a mini. Too much Hulk is definitely a bad thing.
I could say the same for Daredevil.... :wink:

I think MWoF is right, Hulk, as great as he is, clearly has trouble with an ongoing series. DD can carry off a series well, perhaps too well, which is why an Ult DD ongoing seems to be utterly superfluous.

Ultimate Thor: Just because I like him so much. If Asgard is real (and the rest of the Norse Gods), this could be a great title. Otherwise, show 'Asgard' as a favourite bar of Thors, and the 'Norse Gods' as his crazy buddies.

Ultimate Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD: High stakes espionage and spy games. Ultimate Global Frequency. Cool. Garth Ennis writes.

Ultimate Defenders: A team of non powered super losers. Always good for a laugh. Keith Giffen writes.

Ultimate Heroes for Hire: A great concept, underused in the Marvel Universe regular. Another lighthearted book next to the Defenders.

Ultimate Hellions: If only because it will help deal with the ridiculous amounts of mutants out there. Vaughan would be great here.

Ultimate Adventures/ Hawk Owl and Woody: I seem to be one of the few who sees something other than a Batman and Robin rip off here. Loved the mini series, dying for more. Keep Zimmerman and Fegredo (sp?).

Latest posts

Back