Who should get ultimized next?

Who do you think should get ultimized next?

• Sunfire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (post comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Bendis did his best with what he was trying to convey. I think he was trying to write them into the background because the Ultimate X-Men title was being crucified by the fans because of the fact that there was too many characters.

Now that we have Vaughan everyone is being used fairly. I also would have to say that if the character doesn't HAVE to be used in the story, they don't HAVE to be there... That's why there is only Jean, Logan, and Piotr in Nightmare...

One of the good things about a team book like UXM is the fact that different parts of the team can be explored. A writer could do a 5-issue arc dealing with one character and a 5-issue arc with another. Of course, doing this too much would make it more like Ultimate Marvel Team-Up, but I didn't think Bendis took it to that point.

As for Wolverine, he did seem to appear an awful lot during Bendis's run, perhaps at the expense of others, but writers have to write to their strengths. It could be seen as a fault if it were a regular writer, but Bendis was never meant to be on the book for a long time.

Goodwill, will we ever seem to not always disagree? I dont think so. But who knows.

As for Ultimate Nightmare, of course those three from the X-Men are only involved. They were chosen to. It's not the X-Men book, so ofcourse the whole team is not going to be involved.

And UltimateE, im seeing what you are talking about.

Technically the whole team was involved towards the end of the Blockbuster arc. In fact, I'm willing to bet the whole team has contributed on every arc thus far.

Mastertron, I'd have to agree to disagree...

In Ultimate Nightmare Ellis is using three characters that could be used to strengths in that series... If it were an arc concerning Wolverine's wife, it would primarily focus around Wolverine, with the team in the background, and if it were about Colossus' family, the team would take the backseat... That's what they do and that's why they have a team... If the entire team can't bring something to the table, an individual can bring their own personal demons to the front... It makes for a good story and it also creates something for that particular character to grow on.

I'm writing X-Men for my fan fic and I have this problem. Often times I've noticed some characters haven't been touched as much as others have. For instance, I am trying to build on Cyke's character, however, it isn't that simple when it is an Xavier story... 'S why I'm writing a Sinister story next so that it can focus on Scott. Gotta be inconsistent!

Bahh

icemastertron said:
Look, the book is called "Ultimate X-Men". Not "Ultimate Wolverine" or "Ultimate Cyclops, Jean, and Colosus" or whatever. Its a team book so the team should actually be used. They shouldnt be tosed aside or used as cameos.

No offense, but why the heck not? Comics are what, 30 pages an issue? How do you expect to develop any character properly if you're trying to work a dozen characters every issue? There's just not enough space.

If it makes you feel better though, we can start a write-in campaign for "Ultimate Bobby, Kitty, and Rogue" though. ;)

Goodwill, I see what you say now. But I still have my reasons.

And comics are actually like 22-23 pages with the rest being ads.
And sure, ill help with that write-in campaign!

You take things too literally, Mastertron! :)

Your reasons are biased since you're a fan of Iceman, Rogue, Kitty, Angel, or Dazzler. I am just as much a fan if not more of a fan for these characters (Especially Iceman and Angel), but you've gotta consider the other characters in the title, too. They are more important, frankly. Good thing one of those more important characters is Colossus! :)

Wo hold your horses there. Im a fanof everyone. Iceman is my favorite, but the everyone im a fan of. And what I said before wasnt meant literally like that. I was only joking.

No, I want joking this time around. Whats so bad about her?

She's a Japanese girl who used to date Sunfire (in the 616 verse obviously). Then she left him and started to date Iceman. This was around the #290's issues until sometime in the early 300 issues.

Yeah a lot of people think that. And what makes it worse, as some people think, is that shes just a regular human. Not a mutant at all.

Wonder when we will see Illynia show up. She was already mentioned last issue.

She won't be around... Unless the character that Vaughan introduces as a villain is Mikhail Rasputin! He could be a good way for Colossus to get some characterization and Illyana could be introduced, too!

Latest posts

Back