Who should save Johnny? (Frightful Four Arc Spoilers)

Who's gonna save the Human Torch?

• Total voters
E.Vi.L. said:
Man-Thing? Where does he come from? I missed something?

UFF #7, Ellis's first issue. They showed a flashback to the accident and in the midst of their transformations, Man-Thing appeared. It was not mentioned in the story nor explained by Ellis as far as I know.

So the thought is that either he is a by-product of their transformation, or is otherwise tied into it somehow.

Whacked out sleep deprived idea number 489.

All the FF's powers have often referred to as being elemental. Reed = water, Ben = Earth etc. What if Man-thing was a combination of those powers?
Earth + water = mud.

I'm going to bed.

Hellsbuttmonkey said:
Whacked out sleep deprived idea number 489.

All the FF's powers have often referred to as being elemental. Reed = water, Ben = Earth etc. What if Man-thing was a combination of those powers?
Earth + water = mud.

I'm going to bed.

He also has a strong aversion to fire.

I thought Man-Thing was wood, and Doom was metal, like the Chinese elements.

ProjectX2 said:
I thought Man-Thing was wood, and Doom was metal, like the Chinese elements.

hm... Was Man-Thing born out of the experiment like the Fantastic Four and Doom? :( I'd be a little disappointed in that.

I do like the idea of Doom as metal though. It fits him, personality-wise; and also, y'know, the whole metal body thing.

Okay.

But how does Man-Thing make the list of the possible suspect who could save Johnny? Has there been any hint by Millar?

E.Vi.L. said:
Okay.

But how does Man-Thing make the list of the possible suspect who could save Johnny? Has there been any hint by Millar?

No, and that's why. People are trying to figure out what his appearance meant.

I didn't just put Man-Thing in there because of his appearance during the transformation or even because I want an explanation. He's there because his appearance in UFF tied him to the N-Zone or cross dimensional occurances and he was the first thing I thought of when I read the issue and Doom said this monster inside Johnny came from somewhere else.

This talk of Man-Thing made me look at the issue again. He's only seen in the context of Reed's self reflection. They show the accident Doom, Ben, Reed, Sue, and Johnny are all standing in close proximity. Then, the panel with Man-Thing shows him with the other five right after they transform. This just doesn't fit.

My bet is that it was part of an idea that was abandoned too late.

Latest posts

Back