why do people love ultimate cap so?

TheManWithoutFear said:
About U.S. Soldiers. Some are good, some are bad, all deserve our respect. Some of them are fighting for a cause they don't even believe in but they're fighting because their brother is fighting besides them..... Don't judge a man (a soldier) based on his or her government.

Funny thing is how much alike soldiers are from other countries. I was a submariner (the real kind, Namor is a p****.) And I've met all types of soldiers and sailors. Brits, Aussies, French, Canadians, etc. And there's a share of good guys and a**holes out there equal to our forces, easily. Just cause a Brit wasn't making naked human war prisoner pyramids, doesn't mean they wouldn't try it, lol.

I never liked Captain America in 616. I carried over those existing feelings toward the UU Cap. The guy is too optimistic or something. I want him to be the traitor in the Ultimates. Then I could see another side of him and could maybe start to like the character.

I want cap to be beaten mercilessly to the brink of death

Then he's saved by the defenders. I don't want cap to be killed off. That's too easy. If he were humiliated in battle, now THAT would be interesting. Especially if pym has to save him.

Oh, and before I forget. Just to add more stupidity to that post, cap then sleeps with valkyrie :twisted:

Trauma said:
Funny thing is how much alike soldiers are from other countries. I was a submariner (the real kind, Namor is a p****.) And I've met all types of soldiers and sailors. Brits, Aussies, French, Canadians, etc. And there's a share of good guys and a**holes out there equal to our forces, easily. Just cause a Brit wasn't making naked human war prisoner pyramids, doesn't mean they wouldn't try it, lol.

The Brits would be clever enough not to get caught. :twisted:

ManWithoutFear said:
I know America isn't well represented in any other country. But seriously we're great... I'm not saying greater than other countries just look at the american's on this board. Aren't we representation enough? We're just like everyone else. Don't judge a man (a soldier) based on his or her government.

To be honest, apart from the simple "Americans are fat and stupid and don't get irony" type of outrageous stereotyping insults (and I get my fair share of "tea-drinking *****" ones) I doubt many people on this board hate Americans. I personally keep saying what you've just said - I totally agree. A people are not its government, even though the government does represent its people.

In any case, I love Ultimate Captain America. Mark Millar is a Scottish Communist and he's said that Captain America makes him patriotic for the US. And me too. He's wonderfully written.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Michael Moore ****ing sucks. I'm a democrat and I couldn't believe what I saw when I watched his movie. Tying in Bush with the terrorists... that wasn't fact that was fantasy.

I'm not a big fan of Moore(largely cuz I support Capitalism)but a shocking amount of that stuff is true.As far as I know he isn't connected to Osama,just his family.

About U.S. Soldiers. Some are good, some are bad, all deserve our respect. Some of them are fighting for a cause they don't even believe in but they're fighting because their brother is fighting besides them.

I don't have anything against the soldiers,their superiors are a completely different story.

I know America isn't well represented in any other country. But seriously we're great... I'm not saying greater than other countries just look at the american's on this board. Aren't we representation enough? We're just like everyone else. Don't judge a man (a soldier) based on his or her government.

Did you not just freak at someone for having a different opinion to yours?

MWoF said:
I know America isn't well represented in any other country. But seriously we're great...
You just nailed it why there is perhaps anti-American feeling at all.
America is just one country out of many many many, one that sets itself up for a fall more than others is all.
If there is some American guy on TV evangelising about how great he is, and he ****s up, of course people are gonna say "HA! Stupid American!".
If a certain degree of humility was expressed more often before the fall, then people wouldn't so readily jump on the hatewagon and would be more sympathetic.
If some stupid American goes on TV and says "you're either with us or against us", whose side do you think the rest of the world is going to take?

Cap acts in a way in accordance with his government, he has a right and wrong, good and evil viewpoint, he deals in absolutes. That arrogance is setting himself up for a fall that people won't forgive.
Unless he's the "traitor", which would mean that he believes in an America that existed in his time still. Then he will get more respect.

Patriot, I don't understand what you said.

Guij, if you write your country is great I'm not going to get into a fight with you about whose better. What is so wrong with being happy about where you're from? I've never once seen some foreigner say, "My country kicks ***!". Why not?

Ultimate Cap is a great flawed hero. He's like a Greek tragedy. Proud, strong, practically unbeatable, he stands for the idea's he believes in and he tries too behave too the ideals he holds too be good. Still, he's only human and he can only behave like a human. Its a great take on the character. Some people might ***** because he doesn't behave like 616 Cap, but thats narrowminded. A prime example I always have brought up is when they talk about Cap kicking Banner after the Hulk incident. "Cap would never do that!" they say. Yeah, 616 Cap wouldn't. But a regular man sure as hell would. In fact, who here if they weren't in the same situation wouldn't have done the same? (the question is rhetorical BTW ;)). Overall, I just find him interesting.

I think cap is the traitor.. he talks about not believing in a country anymore.. Captain became the Captain because he believed in the country but everything has changed politically, and otherwise since he woke up.. he is a soldier yeah.. but also an idealist.. I know this doesnt explain why he chased down Thor after the hulk thing got announced. but still. he is always pissed at Fury because of the super soldier crap.. it makes at least an odd amount of sense.. and if that is the case.. I like him.. otherwise he is just a reluctant puppet.. but still a puppet..

Save this one for the thread where it belongs. :) We've had so many things come out at once, it's hard to keep up with all of these theories!

Goodwill said:
Yeah, and when he whipped out a gun on Wolverine must have been the coolest part of Ultimate War, right? :rollseyes:

Nah, Ultimate War sucked.

Goodwill said:
Save this one for the thread where it belongs. :) We've had so many things come out at once, it's hard to keep up with all of these theories!
It fits in both I would say.. I realize I got right down to saying what might be Cap's redeeming quality.. but my main point was I see him as a puppet unless he is the traitor

UltimateE said:
Nah, Ultimate War sucked.

Ultimate War's problem was that it built-up to The Ultimates versus Magneto and it never happened. They should have, instead of "Return of the King Prelude" and then a 7-part "RotK" arc, gone with a four-issue arc in UXM called "Ultimate War" focusing specifically on the X-Men and their attempts to not fight the Ultimates while Magneto is up to whatever it is he's up to, then the prelude, then the 7-part arc. There was no need to make a separate mini-series that told the story from the pov of The Ultimates because they were sideline characters in the return of Magneto storyline.

I like Ultimate Cap, because of how he isn't just a stereotypical goody two-shoes like the 616 was. He kills people and uses weaponry, which makes total sense since he is a freakin' soldier after all. I don't see why he would actually hesitate in hurting or killing people since he was trained and experimented upon for that.

I also like the fact that he partially sees himself as part of the blame for the race of developing super-humans and villains that have been popping out. He's also a pretty moral person, who still believes in good old-fashioned values, but at the same time is unable to hold on to them especially in when he's under stress or anger. He also has some of the best lines I've ever read in a comic book, and considering he's not some mouthy super hero like Spidey, just pretty cool.

On the other hand, I hate Michael Moore. Don't get suckered by his documentaries. If you consider Fahrenheit 9/11 and Bowling for Columbine as documentaries, then you can consider the Blair Witch Project as a documentary as well. It's full of fallacies, scenes taken out of context and hyprocrisy, and it is no surprise that even hardcore liberals actually abhor Moore. If he hates his own country so much in spite the fact that he is making off millions, then he should try moving to Afghanistan or Iraq and see if they're better off. What a jerk.

Any of you guys who are big Michael Moore fans just because you watched his movies should try doing some research outside from Moore's own "sources".

Entropy said:
Ultimate Cap is a great flawed hero. He's like a Greek tragedy. Proud, strong, practically unbeatable, he stands for the idea's he believes in and he tries too behave too the ideals he holds too be good. Still, he's only human and he can only behave like a human. Its a great take on the character. Some people might ***** because he doesn't behave like 616 Cap, but thats narrowminded. A prime example I always have brought up is when they talk about Cap kicking Banner after the Hulk incident. "Cap would never do that!" they say. Yeah, 616 Cap wouldn't. But a regular man sure as hell would. In fact, who here if they weren't in the same situation wouldn't have done the same? (the question is rhetorical BTW ;)). Overall, I just find him interesting.

What he (or she) said. The first person on this thread to get it right. Plus, the U-Cap transcends Euro-US hissy fits. He'll be the key in Grand Theft America, and he's nobody's puppet.

Entropy said:

You! Yes, you, my friend are a ****ing genius.

Because he's a badass.

'Nuff said.

Latest posts

Back