Wii U

Re: Wii 2 aka Project Cafe

and for once, in a long time, I would love to see an innovative and inspiring Zelda game, but that's apart from the system.

Game wise here's my top 5 Nintendo

1 New Super mario bros (loved on wii)
2 Pokemon (HD graphics , a screen to carry stuff , hopefully better online. It's perfect)
3 Smash Bros
4 Mario Kart
5 Sonic colours sequel

Game wise here's my top 5 Nintendo

1 New Super mario bros (loved on wii)
2 Pokemon (HD graphics , a screen to carry stuff , hopefully better online. It's perfect)
3 Smash Bros
4 Mario Kart
5 Sonic colours sequel

super mario hasn't been as fun since mario 64, which is why I'm skeptical of any of the past couple mario games. they almost feel rehashed. never played a pokemon game. SSBB wasn't as good as I had hoped and many people still claim love for melee, including me. Mario Kart hasn't been as captivating since it's first incarnation. never played sonic clours, but no sonic game will ever be as good as sonic 3 in my book. that's pretty much where Sonic stops for me.

Have they said if and how this will be compatible with Wii games?

Have they said if and how this will be compatible with Wii games?

Some reports say yes and the pad for this can rest on tv and acts as the sensor bar. No idea if that's true

i hope Mii's are back but more like Avatars on 360 so i can getwwe tops , lightsabers ect... fort my mii

Nintendo Confirms Wii 2; Will Launch 2012, Playable At E3

wii2r7db.png

No idea if this is true or not but I found a list of games going around the internet on a few sites :

■First Party
■Launch Games
■Extreme Sports Cafe (New IP, Combines 1080 and Wave Race + Other Sports)
■Pikmin Cafe (Interfaces with Pikmin 3DS)
■Endless Ocean Cafe
■ Nintendogs Cafe Kennel (Interfaces with Nintendogs + Cats)
■Mii Explore (New IP, Multiplayer Adventure Game)

■Launch Window
■Kirby's Epic Yarn 2 (Launch Window, Multiplayer)
■Wario Ware Cafe (Launch - Launch Window?)

■Future Games
■Super Mario Cafe (Late 2012/Early 2013, Paradigm Shift a la SM64)
■Legend of Paper Zelda (Mid 2012, Paper Mario version of SNES Zelda)
■Fire Emblem Cafe (Late 2012)
■Retro Studios IP (Late 2012, New IP)
■Project Sora IP (New IP)
■Monolith Soft RPG (New IP)
■Miyamoto Game (New IP)

■Third Party
■Launch Games
■Battlefield 3 (Extra Content)
■Street Fighter X Tekken (Timed Exclusive)
■SSX
■Super Monkey Ball Cafe
■Tony Hawk Cafe
■Ridge Racer Cafe
■Mass Effect 3 (Possibly with ME 1 + 2)
■InVersion
■Dragons Dogma
■Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
■Metal Gear Solid: Rising (Extra Content)
■Silent Hill: Downpour (Extra Content)
■PES 2013 Cafe (Timed Exclusive)
■Trauma Center Cafe

■Launch Window
■Modern Warfare 3
■Grand Theft Auto V (Launch, Timed Exclusive)
■Dead Space Spin Off
■Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Cafe
■Soul Caliber V (Extra Content)

■Future Games
■Sonic Cafe (Sonic Generations)
■Platinum Games IP (Bayonetta 2)
■Phantasty Star Online 2 (Late 2012?)
■SEGA Game (???)
■The Amazing Spider-Man: The Game
■Rockstar Game (New IP?)
■BioShock Infinite (Timed Exclusive)
■Red Steel III
■Beyond Good & Evil 2
■Doom 4
■Madden 2013 (Timed Exclusive)
■Tiger Woods 13
■Fight Night Cafe
■Need for Speed Cafe
■Level-5 Game (New IP)
■Kingdom Hearts Cafe (Possibly KH3)
■Square Enix Game (New IP)
■Square Enix Game (???)
■Grasshopper Game (New IP or No More Heroes 3)
■Valve Game (Possibly a collection set + new game?)
■Epic Games (New IP, Bulletstorm 2 or New Gears of War Trilogy exclusive to Cafe)

If true :shock: wow!

Paper Zelda. That is way too amazing to be real. I must go off and weep for what has been lost.

Paper Zelda. That is way too amazing to be real. I must go off and weep for what has been lost.

I will say this is the only appealing game to me. Everything else that is cross platform, I'll be getting it on PS3.

No idea if this is true or not but I found a list of games going around the internet on a few sites :

If true :shock: wow!

Sorry Mole, it's already been debunked. It was a fake/wish list created by a guy named Nintymadden. He's since revised it, twice, because on the original list, he had stuff like Gears of War 3, and a "Santa Monica title". When people called him on it, he pulled them from the list.

Sorry Mole, it's already been debunked. It was a fake/wish list created by a guy named Nintymadden. He's since revised it, twice, because on the original list, he had stuff like Gears of War 3, and a "Santa Monica title". When people called him on it, he pulled them from the list.

:(

Jaggyd , Killing dreams online since 2005.

Well, I for one thought the Wii was sort of a letdown aside from Nintendo's main franchises.

Another big flaw to system for me, was the motion controls. Sure, fun for Super Mario Sluggers, and rail shooters...otherwise, they pretty much ruined DKCReturns for me with having to stop and blow things and...other weird things..

So, I really hope they are doing away with them pretty much almost entirely for the new console. :EDIT: I say that realizing theres screens on the controllers, but since its backwards compatible, it just made me sorta wonder if they're still gonna be somewhat there.

Last edited:

Well, I for one thought the Wii was sort of a letdown aside from Nintendo's main franchises.

Another big flaw to system for me, was the motion controls. Sure, fun for Super Mario Sluggers, and rail shooters...otherwise, they pretty much ruined DKCReturns for me with having to stop and blow things and...other weird things..

So, I really hope they are doing away with them pretty much almost entirely for the new console. :EDIT: I say that realizing theres screens on the controllers, but since its backwards compatible, it just made me sorta wonder if they're still gonna be somewhat there.

I think you pit it more succinctly than I've been able to. I know Mole thinks I'm this anti-nintendo harpy, but I grew up on Nintendo. I still have and play my GameCube and N64. It's just, aside from a handful of Triple-A first party games (Mario Galaxy being the best, in my opinion), the vast majority of the library are either poorly executed (like DKCReturns) or shovelware (98% of the games). It was disappointing. That's why I'm so hesitant on Project Cafe, especially after all the promises and potential squandered from the Revolution rumors.

Can a mod re-name thread "Wii-U"

Some videos :

[video=youtube;4e3qaPg_keg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e3qaPg_keg[/video]

[video=youtube;Shch7LNkVXw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shch7LNkVXw[/video]

[video=youtube;S-VqA_PupHs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-VqA_PupHs[/video]

[video=youtube;arHNcSMXaBk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arHNcSMXaBk[/video]

[video=youtube;I8_noxQ4k6o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8_noxQ4k6o[/video]

[video=youtube;bUvdP2TNBHE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUvdP2TNBHE[/video]

[video=youtube;owmU6KwWJgk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owmU6KwWJgk[/video]

Okay, Backwards compatible with Wii , New Pad looks awesome and has a lot of promise. I'm excited.

What I want :

1) Now a touch screen pad ..... Could DS games be on the store? That'd be cool.

2) Usb version of classic pad as I hated pluging it in wii-mote

3) Store : with Hard drives now allowed via usb. DLC and bigger download games. Like Wii games or NGC games. Or games like PSN has. As this Gen best store = Wii, for the classic games IMO but add the classic games to DLC and the big PSN sized games? Win!

4) no more friends codes please or if there is, just 1 friend code not 1 per game.

5) Pokemon snap! a new one as the pad used as camera for it = fun!

6) As rumours / reports say one 1 big pad at once. A similar pad (maybe with no screen) so Local-multi-player is good. That was the big seller for me on wii = local multiplayer when 360 and ps3 moved to online focus.

One of my wishes has been addressed!

At Tuesday's press conference, Nintendo were frustratingly coy when it came to details of Wii U's online service. But it seems that the new system will scrap the Wii's friend codes in favour of an account-based system, more akin to Xbox Live and PSN.

Speaking to MTV, Ubisoft producer Adrian Blunt confirmed that users will make individual accounts on the Wii U; when asked would it be "Equivalent to a gamertag on Xbox Live," Blunt replied,"Yeah, exactly."

Discussing Ghost Recon Online, Blunt also said that it would be much easier to connect with other users on Wii U, with friend codes being a thing of the past.

from http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/117/1174844p1.html

That is good news.

Report - Wii U 50% More Powerful than PS3?
According to some developers, Nintendo's new console has 50% more power than extant consoles.

Industry Gamers has quoted Sterne Agee analyst Arvind Bhatia as saying, "Some of the developers we spoke to indicated to us that the console will have 50 per cent more processing power compared to the PS3 or Xbox 360. This is yet to be confirmed by Nintendo."

More here http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/117/1176149p1.html :D

The problem is, Sony and MS are developing new consoles. Which means in a year or two Nintendo's going to be behind again. With that said, I think there's a bit of potential for displays in controllers, but I think Nintendo did what they did with the Wii, and stop short of being truly innovative. The controller shouldn't be 100% tethered to the console, you should be able to move your game from the console to the controller, and be able to play on the go. Kinda like what Sony's trying to do with the PS3 + PSVita.

I'll probably get one, just because the Zelda they demoed on it is friggen gorgeous.

Latest posts

Back