Will there be a Vol. 3?

Wat? reallly? We still got over a year to wait for the end of Ultimates v2 so they might decide to carry on

Officially, as far as anyone knows, there are NO plans for Vol. 3, nor is there any talk about it. They could decide to do a 3rd volume, sure, but right now there is no talks even about it (as far as we fans know).

That's too bad. That makes me appreciate the upcoming arc even more, since I didn't start picking up the series 'til #11. What a team!

Actually, Millar HAS spoken of other creative teams doing other volumes of the Ultimates after his run is over. The title's still ongoing, it's just numbered differently than the others.

Actually, Millar HAS spoken of other creative teams doing other volumes of the Ultimates after his run is over. The title's still ongoing, it's just numbered differently than the others.

That's right - he said something about a new team on each arc/series. I had forgotten about that...

whew!
I actually saw that 2. I hope it isnt a new team each time though. I doubt it will

I dont' know. For Ult. X-Men, they got new writers every 2 arcs or so. Hopefully they dont do that with Ultimates. (And hopefully stop it with X-Men too.)

Trevor Hairsine draws the Ultimates extremely well in my opinion, and would have to be a candidate for the job. Ellis could put a Planetary spin on the team if all works out with Nightmare, or something along those lines. Another writer would be Robert Kirkman. Perfect for his Ultimate debut.

icemastertron said:
I dont' know. For Ult. X-Men, they got new writers every 2 arcs or so. Hopefully they dont do that with Ultimates. (And hopefully stop it with X-Men too.)

Then you'll be disappointed to know that Millar said ideally he'd like each creative team to stay on the book for only one or two volumes at a time.

Yeah I am. I mean, its not completely bad, 'cuz with new writers are different ideas, but that can only last so long before someone wishes for someone to stay on.

Different creative teams are fine so long as the editorial staff maintains a firm grip on the direction of the title and ensures continuity is respected. That's where 616 went off the rails, each writer did whatever the hell they wanted with the titles without regard to existing continuity. That's not to say you can't reimagine things, Morrison's run was an excellent example of how to do this, he put a new spin on existing continuity, streamlining it without chucking it out the window (*cough, cough* Clermont *cough* Excaliber *cough* bad drug trip). As long as the changes have their roots in existing story and character material and they are logical and well reasoned it works. What's needed is general oversight by a well organized editorial team.

When has the editorial staff been tight gripped about anything in the Ultimate Universe? I know I can see a lot of irritating mistakes with characters getting carried over to other writers, can't you?

Yup. Never said Ultimate has good editors. These continuity problems are utterly inexcuseable when Ultimate is still this young. Someone really should have been fired over that. The idea was to start fresh without all the continuity mess of the existing Marvel universe and they screw it up in 3-4 years. Brilliant!

Bendis should have been carefully reigned in on Team-Up to avoid too many easter egg chacter spots (like Doom and Latveria) and both he and Millar should have remembered that the Fantastic Four were referenced in Ultiamtes before the Ultiamtes were formed. I've seen fanfics that take better account of continuity. Sloppiness of this sort really gets under my skin.

Latest posts

Back