Wizard reveals new Ultimates 3 information, sketches

....ANNNNDDD....

Now the Ultimates join in with UXM and USM as catching up with the 90s. Joe Mad wasn't enough, but Venom trying to be a hero.....there now it's in the 90s as well.

I wonder if that means the Ultimate line is about to go near bankrupt soon and the weaker selling titles get canceled.

I hope UFF and UXM survive.

As for Panther and Venom on the Ultimates......lame.

I have a hard time believing Venom or Black Panther will join The Ultimates. I'm more inclined to think they'll either be opponents the team faces, or play a part in the story in some other way.

Where does it say Black Panther and Venom would be on the team? All I remember being said is that they'd make an appearance in Ultimates 3

Crap, looked back 2 pages, no one's talking about Venom joining the Ultimates.

That kinda grew out of the last page.

There's nothing wrong with the Panther joining the Ultimates....only if Venom does.

But even having a story where all of SHIELD and the Ultimates and whatever's left of the Reserve fight just Venom....seems lame. I mean any one of the Ultimates could take down Venom in less than an issue. Armless Nick Fury could do it.

So either with the Ultimates or against the Ultimates....I don't like Venom in this book at all.

I am going to take a very, very wild guess with Venom:

Venom is wanted by both SHIELD and the villain of the arc (maybe Wakandia...or that Klaw guy) for the secrets of the Suit. The Ultimates take him into custody, where he stays in a cell, and, while preparing for his escape he develops a "Hannibal/Clarice" realationship with Jessica (honestly, the only way I can see Venom in Ultimates is if it's the same Spider-Woman from USM.)

EDIT: The alternative is that Venom is a throw-away villain ala Omega Red. Of course, if that happens, the fan backlash is going to be HUGE.

Last edited:
Crap, looked back 2 pages, no one's talking about Venom joining the Ultimates.

That kinda grew out of the last page.

There's nothing wrong with the Panther joining the Ultimates....only if Venom does.

But even having a story where all of SHIELD and the Ultimates and whatever's left of the Reserve fight just Venom....seems lame. I mean any one of the Ultimates could take down Venom in less than an issue. Armless Nick Fury could do it.

So either with the Ultimates or against the Ultimates....I don't like Venom in this book at all.

Can we really say that? i mean we havent seen the full extent of Ult.Venom's powers i mean if he's anything like Venom from 616 who fought guys like Hulk and Juggernaut id say he got a pretty good chance.

Can we really say that? i mean we havent seen the full extent of Ult.Venom's powers i mean if he's anything like Venom from 616 who fought guys like Hulk and Juggernaut id say he got a pretty good chance.

Fair enough. Especially now that he's absorbed the last remaining Venom molecules from Peter's blood (the conclusion of the USM video game, which is in continuity) and is at full strength. If Loeb follows Bendis' continuity of the character, when next we see Eddie/Venom, he should be at least noticeably more powerful, and probably in much better control of himself/the suit. He could indeed be a pretty formidable foe...though I don't think he could stand up against Ultimate Hulk, Iron Man, or Thor...and even Cap could probably find a way to wipe the floor with him...any more than one member, Venom really doesn't stand a chance. Should make for some pretty pictures, though.

Last edited:
Fair enough. Especially now that he's absorbed the last remaining Venom molecules from Peter's blood (the conclusion of the USM video game, which is in continuity) and is at full strength. If Loeb follows Bendis' continuity of the character, when next we see Eddie/Venom, he should be at least noticeably more powerful, and probably in much better control of himself/the suit. He could indeed be a pretty formidable foe...though I don't think he could stand up against Ultimate Hulk, Iron Man, or Thor...and even Cap could probably find a way to wipe the floor with him...any more than one member, Venom really doesn't stand a chance. Should make for some pretty pictures, though.

Agreed,Mind you i didnt say he would win just that he has a batter chance then people give him credit for.

Bah! I thought this thread had been revived because we had some actual news. Alas, not.
That will happen as soon as actual progress is being made in finishing this book.

But since Joe Madureira does not plan to put down his Nintendo controller anytime soon...

That will happen as soon as actual progress is being made in finishing this book.

But since Joe Madureira does not plan to put down his Nintendo controller anytime soon...

Im guessing actual progress will be around 2050.

Latest posts

Back