Wizard reveals new Ultimates 3 information, sketches

I just picked up an issue of Wizard with an article on Ultimates 3 in 2007 and I quote:

"With the epic conclusion of Ultimates 2 still in doubt, Loeb and Madureia's run on the universe's premier super-team-targeted now for summer-is shrouded in secrecy. 'At the end of Millar's run something happens that makes things...different. And that's what affects our story the most,' teased the writer, who confirmed the inclusion of the Black Panther and Venom in the opening arc while praising his artistic partner. 'Joe's take on all the Ultimates just rocks so hard, it makes my eyes bleed. Hitch who?'"

...wait, VENOM?!!

:shock:

EDIT: Apparently, the Venom thing is old news, though it's news to me.

Last edited:
Bendis should recognize that Venom is one of the better characters he's introduced in USM. I don't much care for Ock, who he has played out like an old fiddle.

Actually, with Spider-Woman having made her debut in the Ultimate Universe, and the confirmation of Spider-Woman in Ultimates, Venom somewhat makes sense there.

Not that much though.

so wait a minute, venom is actually going to be on the team? erm i hope they don't rip off the new thunderbolts when they explain it

BAD idea

I thought Venom was just someone they were going to fight. But joining the team? Hmm. Not sure on that.

Edit:

I hope Loeb doesn't try to do something with him and make him all want to do good or some crap like that when they tried it in the 90's.

Last edited:
Are Venom and Panther joining the team, or are they just appearing in the first arc of Loeb's run?

I don't know. I'm actually kind of excited by this all of a sudden.

Edit:

I hope Loeb doesn't try to do something with him and make him all want to do good or some crap like that when they tried it in the 90's.
This coming from you Ice? No chance for redemption in a character. No chance that there may be good in Eddie Brock? I never thought of him as pure monster anyway. I like Ultimate Venom and from the USM game (supposedly in continuity) he's reforming anyway, right? I say expand on him.

This coming from you Ice? No chance for redemption in a character. No chance that there may be good in Eddie Brock? I never thought of him as pure monster anyway. I like Ultimate Venom and from the USM game (supposedly in continuity) he's reforming anyway, right? I say expand on him.
From me? What? :?

We've only gotten to see Venom once in the comics. Most people will not have played the USM game to see more of him. I wouldn't mind a struggle between Eddie and Venom, but to have him try to be good but doing it all wrong like in his 90's comic? **** NO.

I don't remember how in the game he's trying to reform. Didn't he go and kill Trask, or was going to? That doesn't sound like reforming to me. What they should really expand on is Venom's monstrosity. He needs to be evil and should stay evil. Not a wanna be hero.

From me? What? :?

We've only gotten to see Venom once in the comics. Most people will not have played the USM game to see more of him. I wouldn't mind a struggle between Eddie and Venom, but to have him try to be good but doing it all wrong like in his 90's comic? **** NO.

I don't remember how in the game he's trying to reform. Didn't he go and kill Trask, or was going to? That doesn't sound like reforming to me. What they should really expand on is Venom's monstrosity. He needs to be evil and should stay evil. Not a wanna be hero.

Agreed. Except "evil" might be the wrong way to classify Venom. Misguided, sure. Over-reactive, maybe. But "evil"? No way.

....ANNNNDDD....

Now the Ultimates join in with UXM and USM as catching up with the 90s. Joe Mad wasn't enough, but Venom trying to be a hero.....there now it's in the 90s as well.

I wonder if that means the Ultimate line is about to go near bankrupt soon and the weaker selling titles get canceled.

I hope UFF and UXM survive.

As for Panther and Venom on the Ultimates......lame.

....ANNNNDDD....

Now the Ultimates join in with UXM and USM as catching up with the 90s. Joe Mad wasn't enough, but Venom trying to be a hero.....there now it's in the 90s as well.

I wonder if that means the Ultimate line is about to go near bankrupt soon and the weaker selling titles get canceled.

I hope UFF and UXM survive.

As for Panther and Venom on the Ultimates......lame.

Whats wrong with Black Panther? He's got a long standing 616 Avengers connection and is quite the badass in his own right.

Latest posts

Back