Wolverine: Origins Series (Discussion/Spoilers)

Re: Wolverine: Origins Series (Discussion/Spoilers).

MaxwellSmart said:
I wish we could see more detail around the claw wounds, but it's still an awesome cover.

On a side note, I not sure if there is anything important I would have missed in issue #1 because I didn't read Origins and Endings, I'm waiting for the TPB, but if there is would you please fill me in. I was absolutely clueless about this nuke guy on the last page. Does anyone know who he is? Does he even have a history?
From what I read, he was from Miller's "Daredevil: Born Again", and supposedly has history with Wolverine, too.

MaxwellSmart said:
On a side note, I not sure if there is anything important I would have missed in issue #1 because I didn't read Origins and Endings, I'm waiting for the TPB, but if there is would you please fill me in. I was absolutely clueless about this nuke guy on the last page. Does anyone know who he is? Does he even have a history?

His real name was (Unknown) Simpson.
He was a covert government operative under the direction of General Haywerth. The Good General had ties to Wilson Fisk and when Daredevil bounced back from the **** he was put through in Born Again, Kingpin needed him dead. So Fisk called up the General and the General deployed a Government Secret Weapon to take out the greater superhero of the marvel universe. He is quickly apprehended by The Avengers and while he's taken into custody, Captain America learns about the new "Project: Rebirth". Nuke breaks out and goes crazy on everyone's ***. Every resource of the U.S. Government, Kingpin's men, and DD are out to take him down. Captain America battles him and mortally wounds him. Daredevil is gonna take him to the hospital but knowing there's no hope for him, takes him to the Bugle and exposes the government conspiracy along with Wilson Fisk being The Kingpin.

I checked newsarama forums and all I got was that he was a failed supersoldier who appeared in Daredevil: Born again. Thanks for the superior synopsis of the character.

Issue 2 was interesting.

It was nice to see why he went after Silver Samurai. Not as good as I hope. I don't like Dillion.

C-

Last edited by a moderator:

omg this is the first im h earing of the series how can i have missed it !

i cant seem to find it online to buy whats the exact name of the series ?

Wolverine: Origins Series ?

Gadzookie said:
omg this is the first im h earing of the series how can i have missed it !

i cant seem to find it online to buy whats the exact name of the series ?

Wolverine: Origins Series ?
Yeah, just without the 'series' in the title.

i walked right into the comic store and it hit me in the face ive seen it for the last month !

i thought it was Origin but with a different cover or something a reprint i didnt know it was a series !

well i bought issue number 1 they didnt have issue 2 :-(

hopefually they will next week :-( how many issues will it be ?

well i dont know if this is the rgiht place i didnt want to start a new topic but i love the orgin series and i love the original wolverine origin and wolverine the end

my question is is there any other comics im missing to complete this story line ?

is x-men the end part of this series ?

No, X-Men: The End series is not apart of this. It's completely different.

so for wolverine its basically

Wolverine Origin
Wolverine The End
Wolverine Orgins (series)

cuase the end left alot of questions like why is professor x a ghost lol

Variant to Wolverine: Origins #4, presented by Newsarama.

Origins4.jpg

Last edited:

Not liking the background color use, but everything else is good.

This is very close to being a marvel zombie cover, I mean Wolverine looks like a vampire or something

I read the first 2 issues of this yesterday. 2 issues and almost no plot direction; just vague hints. Booooring.

And Nuke? Who cares about Nuke?

And I'm not digging the art, either.

I read the first 2 issues of this yesterday. 2 issues and almost no plot direction; just vague hints. Booooring.

And Nuke? Who cares about Nuke?

And I'm not digging the art, either.

After the 5 issues done by Daniel Way during the regular Wolverine series, I dropped this title after issue 1. The storytelling is as horrible as the art! Was just terrible...

Living Large said:
After the 5 issues done by Daniel Way during the regular Wolverine series, I dropped this title after issue 1. The storytelling is as horrible as the art! Was just terrible...

I was extremely underwhelmed by Origins & Endings...I wouldn't say it was bad, but it was very uneventful. They could have blown this story wide open and they just haven't.

I like the Wolverine/Cap cover. I wish it actually meant the story was going to shape up though. It not that the arts terrible, but everyone looks like sylvester stalone.

I really thought Origins was going to be stories from his past. I was kind of disappointed to see it shape up as little more than wolverine adventuring into yet another series.

Latest posts

Back