Wolverine: Weapon X (Aaron/Garney)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Aaron & Garney Reunite on Wolverine: Weapon X Ongoing

As X-Men Origins: Wolverine hits theaters next year, the character will get a brand new ongoing comic book, Wolverine: Weapon X.

Reuniting writer Jason Aaron and artist Ron Garney, who brought readers last year's "Get Mytique" arc in the regular Wolverine title, the new comic's launch in April echoes a similar move by Marvel this past summer when a new Iron Man comic was timed with that movie's release. Focusing on "reader-friendly" stories while still functioning within regular continuity, Wolverine: Weapon X will offer potential new readers a first-issue entry point to the Marvel Universe.

Newsarama talked to Aaron about the new comic, how far he's come since his Marvel exclusive contract began a year ago, and what readers can expect from Aaron and Garney together on Wolverine again.

Haha. Remember when Marvel said they would tone down his appearances and stuff? 'Course it was a lie!

This is like his fourth ongoing!

He has Wolverine, Wolverine Origins, Wolverine: First Class, and now this! Couldn't he have taken over Origins or something? :arrgh:

Re: Wolverine: Weapon X (Yes, it's ANOTHER ongoing...)

Don't forget X-force which is basically a wolverine book too.

Don't forget X-force which is basically a wolverine book too.
Right, but in this case I mean 'solo' books.

Still, I might check this out because Aaron has proved himself to be a great writer and deserves a looksie. But another ongoing....bah.

Wolverine doesn't get enough Solo books if you ask me.

I wanna hate this. But it's Jason Aaron.

Jason Aaron is so awesome that I actually want to pick up Ghost Rider.

Jason Aaron is so awesome that I actually want to pick up Ghost Rider.

Ghost Rider is actually surprisingly entertaining, I've even grown to accept Huat's art in it, though it would have been better if they kept Boschi

Cover to #1
WWX.jpg

I wonder who's going to take over Skaar, maybe Guice will take full duties

I imagine they're going to let Cebulski and Finch tell their Wolverine story and then they'll cancel that series, like they did with Iron Man DoS

Exactly.

This is kinda good news, but couldn't they have just given Aaron the main Wolverine series instead of yet another ongoing? It's not like it has any purpose or direction, unless there's something planned I'm unware of. Then again, they're the new #1 will appeal to moviegoers.

Hey, maybe they'll cancel Origins to make room for this! :D Ah, if only...

EDIT: Oh, so Wolverine's main title will have a direction. So... yay.

Last edited:

So this sounds kinda cool. Wolverine going to stop Roxxon from creating another Weapon X.

:lol:

I love this book so much, and I say this as someone who has always been a mostly lukewarm towards Wolverine.

Latest posts

Back