Wolverine & X-Men: Now Manganized!

There are plenty of Eastern people with names that would make you think that. I had a friend from highschool who was from Cambodea (sp?), but his name was Michael.

Well, now I feel like a racist. . .

I don't disapprove of the idea. I heartily endorse it.

But I'm too cynical to think they'd actually pull it off.
The writers are Eastern? Really? Their names sound kind of Western to me. . .
I'm from the East. And my name is Matthew.

Compound's name is Paolo.

So don't you be judgin one's ethnicity by their name, foo. :p

Why can't I tell if you're joking?

Because you're confused. The tattoo on my arm of "Bob" in a heart with a dagger through it isn't my name, it's the name of my...um...friend.

I think the Beast design is great! I'm a big fan of Totoro and Beast, and Manga Beast looks like their illegitimate love child.

I disagree. I loathe the Beast design. He looks like a fluffy teddy bear, not the scientific, well mannered, if but hairy, mutant we know and love.

I am somewhat pleased with the rest (especially Kitty's), but I don't think they got Wolverine right.

Looks interesting, Janae's all excited about it, she loves the Kitty and Beast.

I'm on the fence.......pretty boy Wolverine creeps me out.....so do pretty boys in general actually.

Now an Eastern artist AND writers are doing this. Meaning, it won't be the same because the writers have different interpretations in how they do their stories.

This sounds interesting as long as there's a beginning, middle and end. I wasn't a big fan of the mangaverse though.

You moron the term is Zord! :lol: joking

:oops:

The nerd in me laughs heartily at this :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The writers are Eastern? Really? Their names sound kind of Western to me. . .

I had alot of asian friends in high school that had american names, but as soon as they got home their parents called them by their respective asian names. My friend in high school was named Caroline and her brother was Jeff but their real/proper names were Xiang and Li (or Ling). Apparently I was one of the few who actually knew this little tidbit.

Point is they usually do things for that for our sake. But there are others who actually have American names like my friend Joe Tran. or Joseph. I think it's mostly because he's catholic.

Meh, not sure how I like pretty boy Wolverine.

It looks very close to a yaoi cover.

I'm on the fence.......pretty boy Wolverine creeps me out.....so do pretty boys in general actually.

I kinda am too but like Ice said, it's all about interpretation.

Tog just found this on Amazon:

515x-e4WtIL._SS500_.jpg

"This title will be released on April 7, 2009."

Tog just found this on Amazon:

515x-e4WtIL._SS500_.jpg

"This title will be released on April 7, 2009."

Y'know, I'm going to give it a chance.

What saddens me, is the CLAMP project for Marvel (it was rumored to be a Phoenix story) seems to have been cancelled.

Wolverine-ProdigialSon.jpg

X-MenMisfits.jpg

Amazon right now has Wolverine: Prodigal Son for release of April 7th, 2009.

As for X-Men Misfits, their new date is May 26th, 2009.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back