World Of Warcraft...

I think new races would definitely be in order... I think they can be a lot more creative with the kind of guys they put in after incorporating the obscure Draenai in there.

TBH I don't see where they could go if the Northrend instances involved killing Arthas, He's like the most powerful being on the planet so you would have pretty much peaked...

Azshara, the remaining three Old Gods, Kil'jaeden, Sargeras. . .

Not quite the most powerful. :wink:

I'll def give you Sargeras. But if Kil'jaeden is more powerful, surely he would have been able to reclaim control of the Scourge from Arthas when he acended the steps to the Frozen Throne and became The Lich King?
As for Azshara, Malfurion managed to beat her in combat before the sundering of Kalimdor. Arthas is so much more powerful than Malfurion its not funny. Plus she is a Naga. A big one, but a Naga nonetheless. How powerful could she really be?

Arthas is definately the most powerful HUMANOID character in the world.

I'll def give you Sargeras. But if Kil'jaeden is more powerful, surely he would have been able to reclaim control of the Scourge from Arthas when he acended the steps to the Frozen Throne and became The Lich King?
As for Azshara, Malfurion managed to beat her in combat before the sundering of Kalimdor. Arthas is so much more powerful than Malfurion its not funny. Plus she is a Naga. A big one, but a Naga nonetheless. How powerful could she really be?

Arthas is definately the most powerful HUMANOID character in the world.

Kil'jaeden can't enter Azeroth. Hence why he needs lackies, like Illidan, to do his dirty work for him. Remember, Kil'jaeden created the Lich King. I highly doubt he would have surpassed his creator. Matched? Maybe. But, not surpassed.

As for Azshara, remember, the Naga are empowered by the Old Gods. She became exponentially more powerful when she made that deal with them. The Old Gods are more powerful than Kil'jaeden, likely as powerful (Possibly moreso) as Sargeras himself. Kil'jaeden created the Lich King. The Old Gods created the Naga Azshara. It's far more likely that Azshara is equal to Kil'jaeden than the Lich King.

Two anonymous forum posters (blizzard4339 and Sparkiller) have revealed interesting tidbits of infos about the next wow xpack which are the name of the next expansion: Wrath of the Lich King

and a proof going with that name: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/

If you try to reach that url you get a "Forbidden"-message; if you try any other URL like http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/blah/ you get "Not found".

Last edited:
I just hope that one day they decide to do an add-on involving the return of one of my favourite Warcraft characters from all 4 games... Deathwing the Destroyer.

That would give me enough of an incentive to get to end game levels. I loved Deathwing, ever since he first popped up in WC2.
"Do you like fire....?"

He seems to be quite a big part of the Warcraft novels as well, always popping up in some form or another.

Eh, can't get into this game, which is surprising, I lived Diablo 2 for a long time.

The stupid quests kill me. The fact I need to team up pisses me off. The annoying gamers who yell at you and berate you all the time annoy me.

So I stopped playing, after four hours of trying to kill ten boars everytime I needed to go up a level.

You don't NEED to team up. It is possible to reach lvl 70 by just working through solo quests and grinding the hell outta high level regions. Its just more fun to team up and yell "LEEEEROY!!" at stupid people..

But the "kill X <animal> and take <body part>" Quests can really get on my nerves... I discovered in the Arathi Highlands that almost 80% of all the raptors there are born without hearts. Who knew?

From the video, it looks like the Death Knight won't be an unlockable class available after you hit 80 or something like that (similar to City of Heroes Kheldian class) but it will be your character turning to the way of the Death Knight, much like Arthas did in WC3

From the video, it looks like the Death Knight won't be an unlockable class available after you hit 80 or something like that (similar to City of Heroes Kheldian class) but it will be your character turning to the way of the Death Knight, much like Arthas did in WC3

Sweet...this is where my lil Belf Pally is heading.

Ok, I was wrong... Just dug around on the WoW Forums and the offcial blrub about the DK is...

A Death Knight (DK) is a plate-wearing tank/DPS hybrid. The DK will start around level 55-70 once you achieved some sort of Warlock-mount-like-quests. The DK will be unlocked and you can create a new character with as class DK. It will not replace/destroy your current character. Instead of using Mana/Energy/Rage/.. the Death Knight will be using "Runes". Currently all races and classes can become a DK. A DK can tank with a 2-hander or dual-wield. The DK will be a mix between casting and melee. Just like any other class, the DK will also feature three talent trees. The DK will start of with gear and a mount. The DK will have its own itemisation as well as share the appropriate items.

Information about the 'Runes system'
You have 6 different Runes; Blood, Frost & Unholy (other 3 remain unknown). You can put these Runes in to your sword/axe when out of combat. Certain abilities will use certain Runes. For example a spell used one frost Rune, then that Rune will be consumed and put on cooldown. You can put 6 Runes in to your bar. Of course the Runes can be affected by talents and attributes. Also certain spells re-activate certain Runes.

Sweet...this is where my lil Belf Pally is heading.

I thought you quit? :wink:

Ok, I was wrong... Just dug around on the WoW Forums and the offcial blrub about the DK is...

Information about the 'Runes system'

Yeah, I was just going to correct you about that. Personally, I'm glad it doesn't destroy your old character. I want to play a Death Knight, but I'd be kind of upset to get rid of my Paladin for it. This is the best of both worlds, really.

I also like that its basically WoW's Epic Archetype from City of Heroes. They did it SO much better than SWG and the horrible Jedi unlocking quest. And starting at a high level so I don't have to go through the HELL that is level 20-58? I LIKE IT!

I thought you quit? :wink:

Yeah, so did I, until my girlfriend began paying for my account and informed me; "You ARE playing with me". So my retirement was short lived.

They did it SO much better than SWG and the horrible Jedi unlocking quest. And starting at a high level so I don't have to go through the HELL that is level 20-58? I LIKE IT!

The got rid of that on galaxies , You can start as a jedi if you wish. I loved galaxies , fantastic game , unfortunately it reset my charracter to 0 and thought "bugger it i'm not doing all that again" and quit

next MMO i get will be Marvel universe , WOW does look cool though but I loved COH/COV and they making the marvel one makes me willing to wait.

Yeah, so did I, until my girlfriend began paying for my account and informed me; "You ARE playing with me". So my retirement was short lived.

You should have learned by now that the pull of WoW is irresistible. :wink: Hell, I hadn't played since TBC came out and the announcement of WotLK sucked me right back in. But, hey, hopefully, you enjoy it more this time around. And plus, you have that Death Knight to look forward to! :D

The got rid of that on galaxies , You can start as a jedi if you wish. I loved galaxies , fantastic game , unfortunately it reset my charracter to 0 and thought "bugger it i'm not doing all that again" and quit

next MMO i get will be Marvel universe , WOW does look cool though but I loved COH/COV and they making the marvel one makes me willing to wait.

Oh, yeah, I know what they did with the Jedi. I'm saying initially, which is where both CoH/CoV and WoW got their idea. SWG's original implementation of the Jedi was terrible and, instead of fixing it, they just let everybody roll a Jedi regardless. CoH took the idea of unlocking a class and did really well with it, as the Epic Archetypes seem to be fairly liked. WoW seems to be following CoH's example, thankfully.

And WoW's a lot of fun. The atmosphere is nice and its a lot more forgiving than other MMOs. But, if you're not into the whole fantasy thing, I could see why you wouldn't get into it.

Oh, yeah, I know what they did with the Jedi. I'm saying initially, which is where both CoH/CoV and WoW got their idea. SWG's original implementation of the Jedi was terrible and, instead of fixing it, they just let everybody roll a Jedi regardless. CoH took the idea of unlocking a class and did really well with it, as the Epic Archetypes seem to be fairly liked. WoW seems to be following CoH's example, thankfully.

And WoW's a lot of fun. The atmosphere is nice and its a lot more forgiving than other MMOs. But, if you're not into the whole fantasy thing, I could see why you wouldn't get into it.

That is true , I how ever preferred the SWG Jedi thing for Jedi just beacuse the timeline there is not many jedi so it should be something hard to reach

COH though worked very well for their classes if that makes sense.

Latest posts

Back