World War Hulk discussion

I've been following it....but not buying it.

It's actually quite lackluster. I was easily fooled by that preview of Hulk Vs. Black Bolt on the moon. I read that and I was like :shock:. But now it's just plain boring.

I kind of enjoyed seeing Reed Richards and Tony Stark beat the crap out of each other.

I kind of enjoyed seeing Reed Richards and Tony Stark beat the crap out of each other.

Yep,Nothing cooler than illegal super-hero fights...well maybe chicken fights.

......Not that i partake in such activity's.....

Why doesn't Marvel just make a crossover where the heroes fight a villain. during CW and WWH the heroes are distracted and still the villains of Marvel don't take advantage of it? Is Marvel trying to make their villains suck?

Why doesn't Marvel just make a crossover where the heroes fight a villain. during CW and WWH the heroes are distracted and still the villains of Marvel don't take advantage of it? Is Marvel trying to make their villains suck?

I think they're trying to salvage them with the Ultron and Hood things, but Bendis hasn't written an intimidating villain since the Legacy arc in Ultimate Spider-Man, so it's not intentional but it works out the same way.

Yep,The only villains taking advantage of the current situation is MODOK's crew.

Yep,The only villains taking advantage of the current situation is MODOK's crew.

That's pretty lame, seriously in DC, Lex Luthor created a vast army of villains after the events of Identity Crisis. Why aren't most the Marvel villains doing anything cool? CW or WWH would have been a great time for a B-lister like Mad thinker or Count Nefaria to do something.

I think they're trying to salvage them with the Ultron and Hood things, but Bendis hasn't written an intimidating villain since the Legacy arc in Ultimate Spider-Man, so it's not intentional but it works out the same way.

Yeah, giving Ultron a pair of boobs isn't a good revamp. Bendis was able to do a good revamp of Purple Man, why can't he do the same for villains or put writer who can write great villains in charge of a crossover.

Last edited:
That's pretty lame, seriously in DC, Lex Luthor created a vast army of villains after the events of Identity Crisis. Why aren't most the Marvel villains doing anything cool? CW or WWH would have been a great time for a B-lister like Mad thinker or Count Nefaria to do something.

I do recall hearing that a super villain will be taking over the void of Kingpin, making an army of villains

I do recall hearing that a super villain will be taking over the void of Kingpin, making an army of villains

Well that's okay, I guess. Still Lex gathered almost every villain in the world and the hood has Wizard and Madam masque.

Whatever happened to all those world conquering villains? Why not make the Masters of evil a threat again or something? I still Marvel villains have become really lame recently and they still need more of a step up.

Last edited:
Well that's okay, I guess. Still Lex gathered almost every villain in the world and the hood has Wizard and Madam masque.

Whatever happened to all those world conquering villains? Why not make the Masters of evil a threat again or something? I still Marvel villains have become really lame recently and they still need more of a step up.

I dont think they've become lame..i think marvel is focosing on hero vs hero fights too much.

Also Hobgoblin has always wanted to replase Fisk as the kingpin of crime why isnt he doing anything?...i mean the caribbean is relaxing but not that relaxing....atleas he's in spider-girl.

Master of evil is a good idea. and hey Red skull is doing a bang up job over at the cap book

I think he sort of retired in Daredevil

Speaking of Daredevil, I wish they'd continued with the MGH thing. I think smaller references, like MGH appearing in Young Avengers, work better than crossovers for making it seem like a legitimately shared universe.

Speaking of shared universe, do you think the other titles will show New York being reduced to rubble? Just a few construction sites in the background or a reference to WWH taking place between arcs would do it, but I think at least a few titles have just ignored WWH.

I dont think they've become lame..i think marvel is focosing on hero vs hero fights too much.

Also Hobgoblin has always wanted to replase Fisk as the kingpin of crime why isnt he doing anything?...i mean the caribbean is relaxing but not that relaxing....atleas he's in spider-girl.

Master of evil is a good idea. and hey Red skull is doing a bang up job over at the cap book

marvel got rid of the wrong goblin

i want the Hobgoblin to come back to 616, the real one. he was cool, plus he had a better look than the Green Goblin, Bendis should be using him instead of the Hood, at the end of BEYOND! the Hood was turning into a good guy, but noooo bendis had to have his way again

Speaking of Daredevil, I wish they'd continued with the MGH thing. I think smaller references, like MGH appearing in Young Avengers, work better than crossovers for making it seem like a legitimately shared universe.

Speaking of shared universe, do you think the other titles will show New York being reduced to rubble? Just a few construction sites in the background or a reference to WWH taking place between arcs would do it, but I think at least a few titles have just ignored WWH.

In endangered species. ah MGH dealer said that most of the MGH lost its power becouse of M-day(the ones they got from mutants anyway)

marvel got rid of the wrong goblin

i want the Hobgoblin to come back to 616, the real one. he was cool, plus he had a better look than the Green Goblin, Bendis should be using him instead of the Hood, at the end of BEYOND! the Hood was turning into a good guy, but noooo bendis had to have his way again

Yep,alwayse liked Kingsly and Harry as goblins better than osbourn. Harry and hobby had cool motivations while Norman was just''aaaah spider DIE DIE DIE''

Last edited:

I doubt it, only because 616 continuity can get pretty complex and I doubt artist would add that in unless it's in the script

Yeah Hobby was designed to replace Gobby, with Gobby still around, Hobby has became redundant.

The fact that villains haven't done much recently makes them lame, I mean the fact that CW happened and almost no villains took advantage of it, made the villains look weak and stupid.

Red Skull is merely the exception that proves the rule, besides the Skull how many villains actually did anything during CW? Besides the fact many villains have become government lapdogs makes them lame, Bullseye is scarier when he is pursuing his own agenda, not working for Uncle Sam.

I think he sort of retired in Daredevil

Are you referring to Fisk or Hobby?

Last edited:
Yeah Hobby was designed to replace Gobby, with Gobby still around, Hobby has became redundant.

Actually, Hobby was an evil mastermind and Gobby wasn't. He didn't become redundant until GG became a super-genius responsible for everything that went wrong ever. I think I like the idea of Hobby being one of those people out for himself--yeah, he's unhinged, but he's not going to risk his life for revenge, he's in it for the money.

Besides the fact many villains have become government lapdogs makes them lame, Bullseye is scarier when he is pursuing his own agenda, not working for Uncle Sam.

I think Bullseye is supposed to be scarier as government sanctioned, but I just think it's stupid and it makes me want to burn all of my comics and shut down the site (by spamming it with Rick Roll).

Are you referring to Fisk or Hobby?
Fisk

From wikipedia:

[turns out Vanessa Fisk set everything up with Daredevil and dies] However, at some point later, after Matt Murdock returns to America with his name cleared, he completes Vanessa Fisk's last wish and takes on Fisk's case, getting all charges dropped in exchange for Fisk leaving the country and giving up his American citizenship, but delayed the case enough so Fisk would not be able to attend his wife's funeral. Fisk is later seen visiting his wife's grave and mourning her death.

Last edited:

The fact that villains haven't done much recently makes them lame, I mean the fact that CW happened and almost no villains took advantage of it, made the villains look weak and stupid.

Red Skull is merely the exception that proves the rule, besides the Skull how many villains actually did anything during CW? Besides the fact many villains have become government lapdogs makes them lame, Bullseye is scarier when he is pursuing his own agenda, not working for Uncle Sam.

I kept reading Civil War expecting the villains to go crazy and really take advantage of heroes KILLING each other. But nope. I don't get that, ever. Red Skull is forever awesome for what he's pulled off in Cap's book.

I mean, come on, without putting too much thought into it here's a decent plotline to go along with Civil War. Kingpin buys his way back to America (always does) and runs as a politician so he can help control one of the 50 super teams.

Have him run for a lesser state with some powerful heroes and have him control them legally. That creates some tension and it makes Kingpin look smart.

And I'm sure there's better ideas than getting Goblin, Venom, and Bullseye onto a team and water them all down from their level of special crazy.

I liked Civil War as an event, but they dropped the ball on many things and villains were one of them. I'm so sick of Hero vs Hero. I'm really hoping Bendis's hype over this Skrull invasion does what he says it does.

Actually, Hobby was an evil mastermind and Gobby wasn't. He didn't become redundant until GG became a super-genius responsible for everything that went wrong ever. I think I like the idea of Hobby being one of those people out for himself--yeah, he's unhinged, but he's not going to risk his life for revenge, he's in it for the money.

I think Bullseye is supposed to be scarier as government sanctioned, but I just think it's stupid and it makes me want to burn all of my comics and shut down the site (by spamming it with Rick Roll).

Yeah, but when they brought Gobby and made him a mastermind, Hobby became redundant. Plus Hobby was already ruined with all that Macendale nonsense. Spidey only needs one Goblin at a time.

Plus Bullseye is way scarier on his own, Bullseye on his own goes around killing nuns, working as government tool, he fights lame C-list heroes. which is scarier at the end of the day. Plus the government using Bullseye as an agent is just stupid.

I kept reading Civil War expecting the villains to go crazy and really take advantage of heroes KILLING each other. But nope. I don't get that, ever. Red Skull is forever awesome for what he's pulled off in Cap's book.

I mean, come on, without putting too much thought into it here's a decent plotline to go along with Civil War. Kingpin buys his way back to America (always does) and runs as a politician so he can help control one of the 50 super teams.

Have him run for a lesser state with some powerful heroes and have him control them legally. That creates some tension and it makes Kingpin look smart.

And I'm sure there's better ideas than getting Goblin, Venom, and Bullseye onto a team and water them all down from their level of special crazy.

I liked Civil War as an event, but they dropped the ball on many things and villains were one of them. I'm so sick of Hero vs Hero. I'm really hoping Bendis's hype over this Skrull invasion does what he says it does.

You don't even need Kingpin (I wouldn't mind if he stayed on vacation for a while), you can get someone who would really B-list and make them a player. Consider: Reed went to the Mad thinker for help with his predictions which led to his support for the SHRA. Imagine if the Thinker fudged the numbers a bit, considering he the ability to predict almost anything and can hack into almost any database, he could really use the SHRA to his advantage. He could hack into a SHIELD database and learn the ID of every registered hero or he could design a computer virus that would override the nano controls the government has over the T-bolts villains and have an army of villains in the heart of enemy turf. If done correctly even a B-lister like the Thinker could be really dangerous in the wake of CW.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back