Worst dialogue in a comic book movie

Does anyone know if Batman kills any of his villains in the previous four movies? .

Does Two-face count? In forever didn't batman throw a bunch of coins at him which makes him stumble and fall trying to find HIS coin. That should count.

Last edited:
"Soooooo good" Harry Osborn - Spider-Man 3

That's probably my favourite Harry Osborn moment, ever. Franco pulls it off so well and the wink he gives afterwards is pure awesome.

The one thing Spider-Man 3 had going for it was its sadism.

"Little goblin gonna' cry?"

"Ooh, my spider-sense is tingling."

These moments of ****-youness made up for the repetitive, ultra-clichéd plot.

Anyway, the worst lines I can think of from comic book movies are:

Falcone: "Don't concern yourself with the business of scary people." (or something) from Batman Begins

Batman: - "Hi, Freeze. I'm Batman."
- "Bad? Yes. Guy? No."
- "Why is it all the good-looking ones turn out to be homicidal maniacs. Is it me?"
- "We'll kill her later, we've got a city to save!"

Joker: "You wouldn't hit a man with glasses, huh, wouldya?"

The Penguin: "Why is it someone always brings eggs and tomatoes to a speech?!"

Vincent Schiavelli: "Oswald...there's someBODY here to see you..."

Batman: - "Are you trying to get under my cape, doctor?"
- "It's the car, right? Chicks dig the car."
(Surprisingly, these are the only two lines of dialogue in Batman Forever that I don't like. That's a great film and I will hear nothing else.)

Lex Luthor: (who is clearly a stand-in and not Gene Hackman, or even Gene Hackman's voice) "Y'ever heard of parachutes?"

Stan Lee: "Mmm...boy" (or something. After that annoying full-screen shot of his face in the ultra-over-rated The Incredible Hulk)

Max Schreck/Christopher Walken: "Let's see if she can go ten rounds with Muhammed Schreck!" (ugh.)

"More powah! Powah plant! Gotham City! Of the FEWCHYAH! A blanket of stahs...an EMBARASSMENT, Mr Mayah. Oswahld! I've got bigger fish to FRY!" (Scratch that, Max is awesome.)

Last edited:
I think almost every line in Gothamite's post is actually good - excellent. Wouldn't hit a guy with glasses is a classic. The rooftop lines between Batman and Meridian are great too because it's the first time he's addressed these things from an ironic viewpoint, which is a cool character step. He's self-conscious when he says them, but also still Batman. Awesome.

The only reason I even mentioned those lines was to prove my point that there really isn't that much bad dialogue in Batman Forever at all. Those are the only two crowd-pleasers in the film that come close to not working, in my opinion.

That line from Penguin in Returns is probably my least favourite line in any Batman film.

Latest posts

Back