Writing Challenge

Okey-dokey, I checked, and Grocer Man's was posted on the second, which would make ten days later for Bluebeast yesterday (I think). I'll go ahead and post mine then.

I think it's alright; I tried to give it a mildly ambiguous ending, so that if no one else ever actually writes anything, it can stand on its own, but it leaves a lot of room for an actual end. We'll see what happens.

So, I was going to leave C&C for everyone involved. Then I realized it would be a massive effort and probably come off as pretentious. But, I basically know what I'd suggest to everybody involved.

So, if anyone wants some criticism, PM me, and I'll be happy to toss it your way.

So, now that we're rounding towards the end of the story, I figured it might be interesting if we talked about the direction we were angling towards with our own individual pieces, and where we feasibly saw them playing out, if we had been tasked with finishing the story completely. I'll start.

I pictured the big twist being that Dylan and the Rachel being the bad guys all along: ecological terrorists who saw a vast culling of humanity as the only means of halting the inevitable consumption-by-masses of the Earth. Carrington is their group's sponsor, a renegade rogue-billionaire with an extremist leftish twist, modeled on our hometown hero Ted Turner (and he even has his own Captain Planet knock-off), who owns a major media conglomerate as well as the Leviathan Corporation. They had orchestrated the rise of the Leviathan to bring the world's population back down to a managable number (tying in to the VHS blurb). Vincent is a crazy fringe schlock horror director who had delved deep into the mythology of the Leviathan in an earlier film, along with his pet starlet Andrea. They were in Juno to quarantine the hotel and butcher everyone inside to insure that the terrorists weren't allowed to get free and exact their plan. Jimmy was their inside man. They didn't succeed in killing Dylan and Rachel, but they did succeed on driving them from their base of operations, after which Dylan and Rachel had to set up a new headquarters, tricking the rest of the survivors into helping them.

So what about the rest of you guys? What secrets were your segments hiding? Or what were your intents?

Last edited:
So, now that we're rounding towards the end of the story, I figured it might be interesting if we talked about the direction we were angling towards with our own individual pieces, and where we feasibly saw them playing out, if we had been tasked with finishing the story completely. I'll start.

I pictured the big twist being that Dylan and the Rachel being the bad guys all along: ecological terrorists who saw a vast culling of humanity as the only means of halting the inevitable consumption-by-masses of the Earth. Carrington is their group's sponsor, a renegade rogue-billionaire with an extremist leftish twist, modeled on our hometown hero Ted Turner (and he even has his own Captain Planet knock-off), who owns a major media conglomerate as well as the Leviathan Corporation. They had orchestrated the rise of the Leviathan to bring the world's population back down to a managable number (tying in to the VHS blurb). Vincent is a crazy fringe schlock horror director who had delved deep into the mythology of the Leviathan in an earlier film, along with his pet starlet Andrea. They were in Juno to quarantine the hotel and butcher everyone inside to insure that the terrorists weren't allowed to get free and exact their plan. Jimmy was their inside man. They didn't succeed in killing Dylan and Rachel, but they did succeed on driving them from their base of operations, after which Dylan and Rachel had to set up a new headquarters, tricking the rest of the survivors into helping them.

So what about the rest of you guys? What secrets were your segments hiding? Or what were your intents?

The main reason I don't like my segment that much is because I wasn't writing with any particular ending in mind. I also found the story incredibly convolted. I was just trying to bring it towards some conclusion.

Latest posts

Back