WTF Moments in comics.

Re: WTF Momments in comics.

I hate the bone claws, but that has nothing to do with the fact that they make absolutely no biological or evolutionary sense.

But you know what? Who cares. I'd probably be the first to defend them, even if I hate them.

All of this bone claws nonsense distracts from the real point proven by that panel: Deadpool is unfunny and is ****ing retarded.

I like bone claws, it makes much more sense as to how they can retract and unsheathe

It does make sense from that point. But my main problem is up until they introduced we were told the metal gave his claws. It just ruined fact that the horrible experiments gave him the thing he did most good with. Maybe I am explaining it wrong but I hated them based on the fact there was no mention of them before. It would be like spider-man loosing his powers but then we find out Peter Parker could climb walls before he was bitten.

All of this bone claws nonsense distracts from the real point proven by that panel: Deadpool is unfunny and is ****ing retarded.

Agreed. I don't find him very funny at all. He's annoying.

It does make sense from that point. But my main problem is up until they introduced we were told the metal gave his claws. It just ruined fact that the horrible experiments gave him the thing he did most good with. Maybe I am explaining it wrong but I hated them based on the fact there was no mention of them before. It would be like spider-man loosing his powers but then we find out Peter Parker could climb walls before he was bitten.

But it's such a minor problem. I mean wolverine was born a mutant so it's not a stretch to say he was already born with bone claws unlike your spiderman statement.

Agreed. I don't find him very funny at all. He's annoying.

This is why Proj is the only person in the world from whom I will take any comic recommendations, usually sight unseen.

But it's such a minor problem. I mean wolverine was born a mutant so it's not a stretch to say he was already born with bone claws unlike your spiderman statement.

Yes but they said he wasn't before. It was a change that wasn't needed and once done looked horrible and had no good from it. I hate it.

This is why Proj is the only person in the world from whom I will take any comic recommendations, usually sight unseen.

You should read Infinity Gauntlet.

The more I read of him, the more annoying he is.

The first couple arcs of Cable/Deadpool are the only time I thought he was kinda of funny.

Mole is right.

They kept having Wolvie saying that those 'Weapon X bastards' gave him claws and all that, but then they changed their mind.

Which is fine, retcons happen all the time, but something as scientifically retarded as bone-claws is just stupid.

His hazy origin of "super-healing mutant manimal got tinkered with and given indestructo claws to become ultimate weapon of pwnage" was fine as it was.

Also, I think Deadpool is funny, but not THAT funny. He's a one note gag, because he gives free license for writers to say whatever random stuff they want him to say, and at some point all that non sequitur inanity blurs into one another that it becomes repetitive.

Last edited:
I really like Deadpool, in the hands of the wrong writer he can be quite tiresome though, I bought all of Cable & Deadpool from #24-50 and not much of that was worth cover price (Once Bob agent of Hydra popped up it was worth it thought).

I gotta say the new series with Way and Medina has really surprised me, it's pretty good, quite funny, and it actually seems to have an interesting overarching story too it.

Plus Deadpool sang "You aint seen nothing yet" by BTO while blowing up a castle filled with zombie's and mercenaries in the last issue, forced a big smile out of me (Almost as much as Bullseye singing "Psycho Killer" by the Talking Heads while hunting Moon Knight on a motorcycle)

It always irked me that they gave him claws and he used to them to break out of his tank or whatever.

I think that the claws are part of him is a better thing.

Plus the scene where he first pops them in Origin is awesome.

Latest posts

Back