WWE [speculation, spoilers]

The Captain said:
did you see the hurricane tonight? making a reference to the thing by saying "its clobbering time!!" that was sooooooo sweet....too bad that make him and other comic fans look like losers by having him get his *** kicked 9 out of 10 times he enters the ring.

:D We dont get Raw till Friday here, and the results arnt up. What happened Cap?

The Captain said:
It's being reported that Matt Hardy & Rhyno were released from their contracts today.
Does anybody else here watch TNA Wrestling?

In the very near future, I foresee an inevitable confrontation between the Pounce and the Gore! Gore! GORE!

compound said:
Does anybody else here watch TNA Wrestling?

In the very near future, I foresee an inevitable confrontation between the Pounce and the Gore! Gore! GORE!

I dont watch TNA. Whats the pounce?

Nurhachi said:
I dont watch TNA. Whats the pounce?
It's the finisher of "Alpha Male" Monty Brown. It's really just a glorified spear (he does it from his opponent's side, rather than head-on), but it just looks really cool. Honestly, he's pretty useless in the ring, but if he does a clean job to Rhyno it would make for a pretty impressive debut.

The Captain said:
seems like with christy hemme in the ring and old greats like hogan, austin and marty g back, wwe has been cutting people lately....

Hogan doesn't have a contract, as far as I know. He's being paid on a per-appearance basis, so that's no excuse for a talent cut.

And I'm pretty sure Marty Jannetty has either a training role, or he's a road agent. Something behind the scenes. It really shouldn't have an effect on the budget for on-air talent fees.

The Captain said:
so long molly holly...i enjoyed your (real woman) like qualities while they lasted.
Ditto. She will be missed.

I'm really surprised they didn't just keep her in some kind of trainer role for the next crop of talentless wanna-bes from the recently-announced Diva Search '05. Even if she looks too 'real' for TV -- big :roll: to that -- she could at least teach those newbies a few lessons in honest-to-goodness athleticism.

You know that there is only 4 women left now who have won the womens title before? Trish, Lita, Ivory and Victoria. And Ivory doesnt even wrestle anymore.

compound said:
Hogan doesn't have a contract, as far as I know. He's being paid on a per-appearance basis, so that's no excuse for a talent cut.

And I'm pretty sure Marty Jannetty has either a training role, or he's a road agent. Something behind the scenes. It really shouldn't have an effect on the budget for on-air talent fees.

You are right and wrong.....Hogan will team up with Shawn Michaels to fight that Muslim guy and his partner at Backlash....he has a contract...and in his contract he will make appearances as well as the pay per view...

compound said:
It's the finisher of "Alpha Male" Monty Brown. It's really just a glorified spear (he does it from his opponent's side, rather than head-on), but it just looks really cool. Honestly, he's pretty useless in the ring, but if he does a clean job to Rhyno it would make for a pretty impressive debut.

HAhahha sounds wicked :D

it's not just a lack of talent in the women's department the men really suck on the mic. nobody knows how to talk except the extra vets (guerrero, y2j, stone cold, hogan, undertaker) the hurricane is pretty good but he gets beat up all the time, i hope the rock comes back soon. that's why they keep having to bring back all these old guys. i don't know if this was posted already but i was disappointed when sean said it was hogan he was going to be tagging with especially since it would have been crazy if his brother Bret squashed the beef and came back to pro wrestling everybody would have went nuts.

Ive always loved Ric Flairs promos. Hes hilarious! Looks like hes gonna have a heart attack or something. JBL is entertaining and Cenas pretty funny. Angle is classic!

Nurhachi said:
Ive always loved Ric Flairs promos. Hes hilarious! Looks like hes gonna have a heart attack or something. JBL is entertaining and Cenas pretty funny. Angle is classic!
you're right, those guys are great i forgot about them JBL is alright and Cena is o.k. i also forgot about Rey Mysterio, Big Show and triple H too but sheldon benjamin is the worst, Batista is horrible, Randy Orton is Lame, and Kane is topless (does anybody remember that he was a retarded, disfigured burn victim?) WWE has fallen off but I think it's working on making a comeback right now. But man it really sucked for a while.

Can you guys help with a debate that me and a friend are having?

would a wrestler be better if..... he held the world championship for a real long time but only once (JBL). Or would he be better if he held sevrel championships, but for shorter periods of time (The Rock)?

Stupid question -- which comic writers are documented wrestling fans? Only Brian Azzarello (100 Bullets) and Jill Thompson (Scary Godmother, lots of Vertigo oddities)n immediately come to mind. Oh, and Bendis. I think.

And do you think any of them could/should cross-over into booking/scripting for WWE, if they had a chance to do so?

How much demographic over-lapping exists between Marvel's readership and WWE's audience, based on your personal experience?

Last edited:
OK, do I need to take this thread over?

Professionals (like our dearly vaunted comic book writers) usually will keep
the guilty pleasure of pro-wrestling as a secret, lol. WWE has a hard
relationship with Marvel over the 1980's lawsuits over character names.
Right now WWE's writing staff is mostly sitcom and soap opera writers that
have limited or no wrestling exposure. The last "mark" that worked as
writer was sh!tcanned about 2 weeks ago for getting too buddy-buddy with soe of the wrestlers. Mostly, the WWE people are comic fans and let it be known. Here are some stellar examples:

Rob Van Dam/RVD: Comic book fan and shop owner. Can't forget martial arts
master and pot advocate.

Brian Gerwitz: former head writer for RAW and now head script writer/doctor
for WWE Pictures.

Shane Helms aka The Hurricane: Huge comics fan. Thus his character the
Hurricane. Shane also got his biggest pushes when his buddy, Gerwitz, was
head writer. Gerwitz also gave Shane that gimmick.

Fantasy Booking Time!

leather_w0lf said:
Shane Helms aka The Hurricane: Huge comics fan. Thus his character the
Hurricane. Shane also got his biggest pushes when his buddy, Gerwitz, was
head writer. Gerwitz also gave Shane that gimmick.
Personally, I don't believe Helms has been reduced to perma-jobber yet. They could re-push him with a "fallen hero"-style gimmick, I say.

Let him walk out on Rosie, after taking a sustained, during a stadnard title rematch against Cade/Murdoch. He runs up the aisle, with his head down, unable to face his supporters.

Replay the footage on the next RAW. Interview with a very concerned Rosie, who has no idea where his buddy has disappeared to. He just leaves him vague messages on his cellphone.

The following two episodes, we see the Hart Throbs and, I dunno, some other random heel midcarders get attacked by a cloaked, unseen figure backstage. (And perhaps Helms can "train harder" -- you know, in the Triple H way -- during this interim period, so he's a little more bulked-up, in time for his big return.)

And I think you can figure out where it goes from there... ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back