X-Force discussion (spoilers and the like).

Re: X-Force making yet another comeback.

Well, it's either her or M, and from the book, it was greatly implied when the found the positive test that it was Rahne.

I think it's more possible that it was Siren or M.

They both slept with Madrox and dupes.

The timing isn't right with Rahne.

I figured it was M, mostly because -- if I was writing the series -- her uppitiness would make her the most fun to write as a pregnant woman; think of how out-of-whack being a mother-to-be would make her... It's a recipe for gold, I tell ya!

And yah, about this X-Force thing... I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

In Wizard is says that the writers for X-Force are Christ Yost & Craig Kyle.

From what's been reported by Nick Lowe, Clayton Crain is not the artist. Just the character designer.

From this week's X-Position:

Let's start this X-POSITION with some "X-Force" questions. We now know the team is formed during the "Messiah CompleX" crossover. Whose idea was this?

CHRISTOPHER YOST: The idea for the new "X-Force" was definitely mine. Craig, Nick [Lowe,] Axel [Alonso]; they were all at a bar, I think, discussing "Power Pack."

Truthfully, X-Force rose organically out of the crossover; they were definitely a natural progression of the story. Walking into the X-Summit, "X-Force" wasn't even a thought. But as the crossover story points started emerging, the team formed and the book seemed like a natural.

CRAIG KYLE: There will be a lot of fallout from "Messiah CompleX" and this team is a part of that. When Chris and I first heard about this team in the summit, we immediately fought for the chance to write it. Lucky for us, Axel and Joe [Quesada] agreed.

When selecting the team members, what qualities did you look for? It's interesting that none of these characters have been on a team together previously.

YOST: One of the great things about the crossover was that members from the different groups were being thrown together. The team serves a very specific purpose in the crossover: find the baby. But as the story progresses, their purpose becomes more lethal: find the baby, no matter what.

Claw Squad, Lupine Avengers - we've heard it all, but the four characters really do have very different personalities, and those differences will come out more and more in the series. And...those four characters are not the final roster of the team.

KYLE: What we love about the team is that it's composed of members from each of the individual X-titles, and even though they have similar abilities, their personalities couldn't be more different. Each of these characters' beliefs, opinions, morals and motivations are radically different from one another. So you have a group of heroes who aren't just at war with the bad guys, but individuals also at war with each other.

More in the link above.

Last edited:

Please

This book is going to fail like all the other X Force books out there.

And it's screwing with my X Factor...

And with these people writing it, someone will die every issue!

From Newsarama:

X-Force, Party Patrol?

Comic book crossovers are like a party. Characters come over, hang out, have a good time, put their feet up on the furniture, and then after leaving a mess for the host to clean up, they go their own way. Marvel, because of the leaving-the-mess-behind part, had not done an X-Men crossover in over a decade until this fall's cataclysmic "Messiah Complex." But even that storyline left a mess behind that had to be cleaned up. The X-Men were on the hunt for the first mutant child born since House of M depopulated Marvel's mutant population. Not everything went well, and that's where February's X-Force #1 comes in!

In the aftermath of "Messiah Complex," Cyclops comes to realize that there are some problems the X-Men simply aren't equipped to deal with. Special circumstances call for special operatives, and he assembles a new X-Force team — Wolverine, Warpath, X-23, and Wolfsbane — to handle the dirty jobs, the questionable jobs that no one else can handle — or be trusted to handle! New X-Men writers Craig Kyle and Chris Yost and artist Clayton Crain open a new chapter in X-Force history in the first part of "Angels and Demons" as the team comes together for their first assignment, one that the X-Men can never know about!

No Marvel mutant fan will want to miss this high-octane team book. With a line-up of some of the X-Men's most feral characters, X-Force #1 promises action and excitement as the team takes on the dirty missions — and the post-crossover-party clean-up! Look for X-Force #1 in this month's Marvel Previews, and catch the excitement!

Click here for two preview pages.

Last edited:
XFORCE1.jpg

XFORCE2.jpg

"We Has Pointy Things"
:lol:
That is some of the worst art I've seen from Hitch.
Why would he waste time drawing it well? This is an X-Factor cover.

We're lucky he didn't just spit on a piece of paper and hand that in as a very special "abstract" variant cover. That'd be about the same amount of effort they put into planning this ridiculous series.

I thought New X-Men wasn't being cancelled... but my subscription to that just turned into a subscription to this.

Latest posts

Back