X-Men 4: To be or not to be?

IESB: Will we ever see Gambit?

LSD: Probably, you know, the reason we didn't use Gambit was because in a sense his persona is a bit like Wolverine in that he's got attitude and his power is not quite as exciting as the others. That's why we went to Nightcrawler on 2 because he looked different than everybody else and he had a great power. So yes, I think we would weave Gambit within our story, it wouldn't be "The Gambit Movie." I mean, I love him and remember in "Lost" the guy, what's his name, there was a guy in there that was the perfect Gambit, the guy with the straight hair, good-looking, the bad boy, Sawyer, Sawyer [Josh Holloway]. (A lot of Lost forums have been buzzing about this casting rumor for some time).

interesting

http://iesb.net/index.php?option=co...age=1&category=featured&article=667&Itemid=27

So they left out Gambit because he acted just like Wolverine, but brought in Nightcrawler because he was different from others? Yeah, I guess Mystique isn't really blue, then? Well, time to get glasses.

Last edited:
ye pssshhh to her. check what she says about gambit: "his power is not quite as exciting as the others"

now imagine that charged card-flingin son of a ***** gambit on screen romancin some x chick. too cool.

Last edited:
IESB: Will we ever see Gambit?

LSD: Probably, you know, the reason we didn't use Gambit was because in a sense his persona is a bit like Wolverine in that he's got attitude and his power is not quite as exciting as the others. That's why we went to Nightcrawler on 2 because he looked different than everybody else and he had a great power. So yes, I think we would weave Gambit within our story, it wouldn't be "The Gambit Movie." I mean, I love him and remember in "Lost" the guy, what's his name, there was a guy in there that was the perfect Gambit, the guy with the straight hair, good-looking, the bad boy, Sawyer, Sawyer [Josh Holloway]. (A lot of Lost forums have been buzzing about this casting rumor for some time).

interesting

http://iesb.net/index.php?option=co...age=1&category=featured&article=667&Itemid=27
**** her

So they left out Gambit because he acted just like Wolverine, but brought in Nightcrawler because he was different from others? Yeah, I guess Mystique isn't really blue, then? Well, time to get glasses.

Ridiculous. When you look at it that way, every character looks the same because they're all human.

They left Gambit out because his character is too much like Wolverines; shady, mysterious, wise cracking loner. They added Nightcrawler because his personality was unlike the others.

There's more to characters than colour.

Ridiculous. When you look at it that way, every character looks the same because they're all human.

They left Gambit out because his character is too much like Wolverines; shady, mysterious, wise cracking loner. They added Nightcrawler because his personality was unlike the others.

You sir speak truth.

Edit: Also if they do make a X-IV i have only one to say Apocalypse

Last edited:

I was gonna say the exact same thing.

That's unlike you, Ice.:?

I know I'll be bashed and flamed for this but...

I would like for X4 to be something like Days of Future Past.

*flamed and bashed!*

But I have reasoning!

(I want to see Cable and the Goblyn Queen.)

No, I'm kidding. No Jean clones and X-Men offspring, thank you. >.>

What I do want to see is something that would demonstrate humanity's hatred of humanity. Yeah, yeah, we had the whole Stryker and Weapon X thing. But that was more of an isolated incident involving a hate group. It would be cool to see all of the general public completely hate mutants. Yeah, we saw a protest or two in the movies, but nothing really that big.

The main problem is that the public is now accepting and loving of mutants, probably because they wanted X3 to end on a positive note and they wanted the movieverse to be in the same position 616 is. All we would need is for something big to happen. Like, a successful assasination of the US president or a huge terrorist attack. Have an X-Men responsible or something. X amount of years in the future, we see something like Days of Future Past. The remaining X-Men/new X-Men decide to stop whatever it was that caused this from happening. So... they send someone back in time! Rachel Summers? Kitty? Someone. If done right, it could be cool and not as convulted as the comics.

Oh, and Sentinels! Yay Sentinels! Maybe Nimrod or something could make a cameo...

Plus no focus on Magneto/the Brotherhood. And Wolverine not being the main character as much as he is the first three flicks.

Xavier returning would probably take center stage, though. Huh, I wonder what could be done with that... Proteus? Cassandra Nova?

I say Nova because an X3 commentary tells us the mutant Xavier woke up in is his twin, P. Xavier. At least with her we would get Sentinels.

And I don't really care about Gambit. :x

This is my prediction for X4-X6 from the original X-3 News thread

But seriously, keep in mind that after Jean Died, Scott quit the X-Men for a long time, leaving Storm as the sole leader of the team.

Rather than leave it open to him returning, they probably killed him off.

Oh well.

I'm going to be more angry if they kill off Magneto...

Which they probably will...

Here's to the hope of a new X-Men franchise after this one with all of the young mutants on top billing, with Wolverine running the team, and have Mr. Sinister be the enemy, with Apocalypse lurking in the backgrounds...

hell, if they want a scott style character back in a leadership role, bring in Havok. "My brother died for this cause, and now I'm going to honor his memory by fighting for what he believed in".

If I remember correctly, this is Ian McKellan, Patrick Stewart, and Rebecca Romijn-Stamos' last X-Movie... as well as probably Marsden and Famke Jansenn... So the central characters are now Storm and Wolverine... Okay... How do you make that good?

- Callisto and the Morlocks meet up with Storm... Storm vs. Callisto
- Gambit joins the team after Morlocks mysteriously massacred... leaving Storm injured (for less screen time), and Angel de-winged
- Sabretooth turns out to be back, as one of Sinister's Maurauders... two movies is enough distance for a seamless casting change... Wolverine hunts down the Maurauders, finds out Gambit was with them...
- Angel makes deal with Mysterious figure to get new wings
- X-Men try to lock down Gambit, but he escapes, he runs off to Mr. Sinister... things are explained, Sinister is defeated... but it turns out he was merely working for Apocalypse...

there you go, Fox. Fast-paced action without necessary char development in a way thats continuity conscious enough to keep fans mostly happy, and leading up to a bigger threat than Magneto...

I -still- wish Pietro and Wanda were in this movie... It doesnt make sense for them not to be present...

And

In one of the terrible leaked plotlines that they keep insisting are complete bull****, Leech was captured to use his sweat or spit to make a cure for Mutantism...

And then they just take away Mystique's powers. (which pisses me off)

SPOILER! They also supposedly kill Magneto in that same alledged script. And Pheonix vaporizes scott, and the X-men (with presumably Wolverine at the helm) have to kill Jean.

So if that's true in any way, shape or form, then its pretty clear that they want to spawn a Halle Berry/Hugh Jackman headed franchise that moves in the opposite direction of the Magneto-centric plots, and towards the more radical Action Movie plots with the Morlocks (possibly showing up briefly in this movie with leech), so they can build the Callisto/Storm connection, then have the Morlocks slaughtered, and Angel's wings impaled, only to find out that Gambit was one of the Marauders. The next movie would be the discovery of Gambit's past with Sinister, and the confrontation against him, only to find out that Sinister wasn't the one at the top of everything, and that all the stuff going on (like Angel going to some surgeon named Essex to get new, bionic wings) linked to this ancient Mutant called Apocalypse. The last movie would be the Four Horsemen and Apocalypse vs. the X-Men.

I might have mentioned that idea before, but they need to put Halle Berry in a starring role to get her to stay involved with the movies. And anyways, if they go with that and try to stick to the comics, we might get some good action movies. They won't be as deep or character-driven as the others, but its better than nothing, no?

I'd rather a good, fun action X-Men movie, to a crappy psychological X-men movie any day.

And

God... I hope that doesn't happen...

**SPOILERS (maybe)

Killing Magneto would be a terrible move... there is still so much that could be done with the character...

Killing Cyclops I can deal with, as long as its Dark Pheonix who does it, and Jean will need to be killed to kill Dark Pheonix, i'm guessing it'll be Wolverine to make it more tragic.

Unless prophet works for the Hellfire Club, i'm not cool with that idea, they have such a HUGE character gallery to choose from. Perhaps the BIGGEST in all of Comicdom...

How could Juggernaut even fit into the story, unless they go into Xavier's past, and do make Cain Marko his stepbrother.

Somehow I see "Sex scene between Storm and Wolverine" as a way to get Halle Berry back in the movie (Hugh Jackman nekkid with a bow around him made of money, essentially)... And with Cyclops dying, that will leave Storm to be the leader of the X-Men in further movies (giving Halle more of a reason to stay involved).

I'd guess this is shaping up to be a Storm/Wolverine centered storyline for X4-6 that'll involve Sentinels and Morlocks. Just fully separating the franchise's trilogy possibilities.... Juggernaut could be a recurring villain who would bring more depth to Charles Xavier.

Gambits in X3 smalltime, but im guessing his character would be increased when the X-Men lineup would be: Storm, Wolverine, Beast, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Gambit, Iceman. Morlocks would lead to Maurauders who would lead to Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse.

So if X3 is how it is, they are definately looking to franchise the series...

My guess would be for future films:

X4 - Storm vs Callisto: Morlocks: Sentinels

X5 - Gambit vs Sinister: Maurauders slaughter the Morlocks, maim Angel (if he were to be introduced)

X6 - X-Men vs Apocalypse: Angel becomes Death, X-men fight Apocalypse, Xavier dies somehow, X-men go underground as the X-Force (like in 616)

Then... well yeah.

Suddenly the logic behind the movie makes sense, they want Magneto out of the way so they can move to other X-Villains in the Franchise.

As long as the quality stays good, i suppose i'd be okay with that... But i'm living in my head again, so I am most probably completely wrong. Oh Well.

So... Other than me having pretty much a one-track mind, anybody else think we're moving into 1980's comic book territory?

I still think the Three-Tier villains of: The Morlocks -> Mr. Sinister -> Apocalypse would be the best way to continue the franchise.

And if they keep Halle Berry, they should make her get a mohawk.

EDIT________________

While I disagree with almost everything said in the above posted interview I've got to say that Sawyer from Lost could make a great Gambit.

Last edited:
I hope so but wouldn't x-men 4 kinda suck as after III

- nearly all the x-men are no more

- people are ok with mutants (beast been a polotion and all)

but I could be wrong.
Well, not that many X-Men were shown to be killed/depowered. Hell, Cyclops was killed off screen, The Professor woke up in another body at the end, and Jean comes back to life. Every. Damn. Time.

As for acceptance, don't you think that Mutant/human relations would be especially tense after what Magneto pulled on the golden gate bridge? One high ranking mutant does not acceptance make.

I want you to type all your posts out in Microsoft Word first, spell/grammar check 'em, then copy and paste them here. :neutral:

It's not just the grammar nazis that are after you.......the Grammar Furher himself wants your head.
Or he could switch to Firefox which has added a nice little spell check into the browser. Only reason I'm spelling some words right.

And it Politician.

EDIT: Holy crap, how did I miss the entire second page?

Last edited:

I was gonna say the exact same thing.

That's unlike you, Ice.:?

It was a joke. :?

And unlike me? Please.

:roll:

Well, not that many X-Men were shown to be killed/depowered. Hell, Cyclops was killed off screen, The Professor woke up in another body at the end, and Jean comes back to life. Every. Damn. Time.

As for acceptance, don't you think that Mutant/human relations would be especially tense after what Magneto pulled on the golden gate bridge? One high ranking mutant does not acceptance make.

Yeah
cyclops - dead

prof X - Dead (the whole other body thing would be a really really bad way to go because either a. it wont look like him but have his voice which is lame or b. it happens to look like him which is a bad cop out.)

rougue - "cured"

nightcrawler - off for reasons i can't remember somthing to do with the game

jean - dead because she never actually came back to life but protected her self with her mind in X II and X III didn't they bury her ***?

As much as I want X-IV and have Apocalypse like i mentioned earlyer It would suck. Most of people who are left are the ones people complained got most screen time.

Last edited:
cyclops - dead
Not really. We never saw his body get destroyed, and therefore can't truly say he's dead for sure.

prof X - Dead (the whole other body thing would be a really really bad way to go because either a. it wont look like him but have his voice which is lame or b. it happens to look like him which is a bad cop out.)
It's not a bad way to go. And really, it's more of a nod to what happened with Xavier in the comics where his mind was transfered into a cloned body of his.

Not really. We never saw his body get destroyed, and therefore can't truly say he's dead for sure.

It's not a bad way to go. And really, it's more of a nod to what happened with Xavier in the comics where his mind was transfered into a cloned body of his.

Didn't Jean say she killed him?

and yeah it's a nice heads up how ever it does not work on a movie imo. It feels like a cheap way out. If it was just that scene in III then thats ok but if they try and build on it on IV chances are it will be cheesey

Didn't Jean say she killed him?

and yeah it's a nice heads up how ever it does not work on a movie imo. It feels like a cheap way out. If it was just that scene in III then thats ok but if they try and build on it on IV chances are it will be cheesey

I killed ManWithoutFear.

Doesn't make it true. Off screen death is always in doubt, especially in a comic related media.

I killed ManWithoutFear.

Doesn't make it true. Off screen death is always in doubt, especially in a comic related media.

You might be right. I just think he is dead untill told other wise.

If he had been alive since wolverine found his shades wouldn't he be walking around with his eyes closed OR of opened his eyes and destroyed everything in his path? after all what jean did to his eyes was just for that little moment.

You might be right. I just think he is dead untill told other wise.

If he had been alive since wolverine found his shades wouldn't he be walking around with his eyes closed OR of opened his eyes and destroyed everything in his path? after all what jean did to his eyes was just for that little moment.

Opening scene: A hospital in upstate new york. Nurses tend to a young man who's been in a coma for months. the steady beeping of the heart monitor setting the tone. A quicker beep. Another. One of the nurses rushes to the bed as the man opens his eyes, encompassing her in ruby light. Cyclops has come back.

Opening scene: A hospital in upstate new york. Nurses tend to a young man who's been in a coma for months. the steady beeping of the heart monitor setting the tone. A quicker beep. Another. One of the nurses rushes to the bed as the man opens his eyes, encompassing her in ruby light. Cyclops has come back.

ok i'l give you that. That could work but if he was just in coma where was the body when wolverine and storm got there?

ok i'l give you that. That could work but if he was just in coma where was the body when wolverine and storm got there?

Well, first off we don't know how extensively they searched. On top of that Jean could have taken it somewhere, or someone else might have found it and gotten him to a hospital first. With the amount events involving his death happening offscreen (you know, ALL of it) it's damned easy to write him back in.

Latest posts

Back