X-Men 4: To be or not to be?

The only way I'd accept Cyclops to be alive was if Mister Sinister had taken him. This could be revealed after the scene Baxter has described, as Scott escapes the hospital, but is captured by Essex. This would make a good lead in to Apocalypse.

The only way I'd accept Cyclops to be alive was if Mister Sinister had taken him. This could be revealed after the scene Baxter has described, as Scott escapes the hospital, but is captured by Essex. This would make a good lead in to Apocalypse.
That would be the only real good way to bring him back.

i think i could roll with that.

As long as fanboys aren't trying to recreate crap form the 90s cartoon....I'm cool.

Next thing you know they'll want heavy Gambit roles and wanting to introduce Morph. :roll:

I like that idea.

mainly because it leads to Apocalypse.

If anything Marvel will probably finance it themselves, right?

Doesn't work that way. Marvel sold the film franchise rights, which means that any new movie with the X-Men or Wolverine in it is in the studio's control.

Unless they cut some sort of deal, but as a money making Franchise, I doubt Fox will want to trade.

Last edited:
Doesn't work that way. Marvel sold the film franchise rights, which means that any new movie with the X-Men or Wolverine in it is in the studio's control.

Unless they cut some sort of deal, but as a money making Franchise, I doubt Fox will want to trade.
Okay I see, thanks.

CBR:

X-MEN 4

Marvel's Peter Cuneo is quoted at XMenFilms.net talking about the legal niceties in making gajillions of movie dollars. "All of our film deals with studio partners allow them to continue to have the rights as long as they make the sequels within a prescribed time frame," Cuneo said. "That time frame varies from deal to deal. If they don't make the sequel, then the rights revert back to Marvel. You do sometimes hear the studios saying this is the last of the 'blank' films -- in our case that's probably unlikely if a successful franchise. I certainly would include 'X-Men,' probably 'Fantastic Four' and that's with Fox. Wolverine is the most popular of the X-Men, and Fox is talking about with Hugh Jackman making a WOLVERINE film which would qualify in a sense as 'X-MEN 4.' That may very well in fact be out in 2008 or certainly by 2009 if they go ahead, but Fox is very adept at making a quality film very quickly."

Last edited:
I feel that the phrases "quality film" and "very quickly" are rarely both applicable to the same film.

Then you'll have the weird older men who want Jubilee in the spotlight, too.
*raises hand*

Victor Von Doom said:
Seconded. Especially Ellen Page. Don't believe me? Watch "Hard Candy". Scary.
I actually really wanted to see that. The trailer looked really awesome, but I live in a Third World country whose distributors are so insane they only ran H2G2 for three days, and couldn't be expected to distribute a modest budget indie thriller with no name stars.

X3: The Last Stand is proof of that.

Yes it is - but I still think it's the best of the trilogy.

If only because it was actually an X-Men film and not a Wolverine & His Amazing Friends film.

For me, the X-Men films increase in quality each time, 1 was the worst, 2 was a bit better, 3 was still a bit better, but 3 was still very mediocre.

Latest posts

Back