X-Men Ages?

The people you know don't count here, Ice, because that's one instance as opposed to what is supposed to be. That's what I'm forced to go with.

Goodwill said:
See, NC has driven and served alcohol, how can we say that he's still a young'n?

I'm 16 and have done both,doesn't make much difference.And the drinking age here is 18.I'm pretty sure it says somewhere in The Tomorrow People that Scott is 18.

Goodwill said:
The people you know don't count here, Ice, because that's one instance as opposed to what is supposed to be. That's what I'm forced to go with.
That makes abolutely no sense.

It makes perfect sense. Use the thing between your shoulders called a brain. I'm not going to accept the fact that NC is fifteen or whatever because a few of your underage friends were serving alcohol at some cop fest. Just because it's relative to you, doesn't mean Jack to the rest of us.

Calm down there!

I'm not saying because I know people who are under 21 serving beer (NOT AT A "COP FEST" :roll:) automatically means that NC is fifteen. Far as I've heard, he's around 18-20 or so.

Easy. Good God, of all the things to get worked up over. :roll:

It's the way Ice posts... It's as if he's undermining intelligence with arrogance and sarcasm. That sort of thing won't be tolerated.

Anyway... What I'm trying to figure out is something with Dazzler... Do you think she's older than the rest of the X-Men? She seemed sort of like a grandma when Peterson was around...

How old are the X-Men?

It was sorta side-skirted by the editors in a recent letter column, so I started to wonder about it.

I know that Millar is horrible with his own continuity, but here's an example of an age gaff I discovered quite a long while ago:

In UXM #2 Colossus is talking to Beast about Cyclops barking orders at them, and he says, "Did you know he's two years younger than us?"
At the time I assumed that Colossus and Beast could be 18, thus making Cyke a meer 16. Weird, but it was closer to the classic X-Men continuity in that, even though Cyclops was the leader, Beast was older than him.

Then, later on (I'm not sure what issue), Colossus was said to be 22 years old. The age was specific and it was probably in the "World Tour" arc. I doubt that more than a year passed over Millar's entire run, so that means that Colossus and Beast are 22 (cos he said "us" in #2) and Cyclops is 20. Sounds okay in theory.
BUT THEN, in #46 (Brian K Vaughan's first issue), Bobby and Rogue are discussing death. Bobby says that all the great prodigies died at the age of 27, so Rogue says that 27 isn't so young, but 17 is.
The implication of what Rogue said, considering that Beast had just died, seemed to imply that Beast was 17 when he died (which happens to be his original age from 616 X-Men, I believe).
Yes it was just implied and not outright stated, but this makes the whole age thing weird. Unless Rogue and Bobby are 17, and they are the ones she's talking about, but I've always assumed they were 16 at the oldest.

Anyway, my age picks for the X-Men are (including what we've "heard" in the comic):
Professor X - 50(?)
Cyclops - 20
Marvel Girl - 19
Beast (deceased) - 22 FOREVER!
Storm - 18
Colossus - 22
Nightcrawler - 19
Iceman - 16
Rogue - 16
Wolverine - Who Knows!? I hope he's not over a hundred like his 616 counterpart. Hell, a neat twist would be if all that stuff about him being back around WWII was just some guy who looked like him and he's as old as he looks!
Shadowcat - 15 (otherwise she'd be older than her current boyfriend: Peter Parker - not that there's anything wrong with that!)

Others that aren't currently X-Men but sorta are:
Angel - 18
Dazzler - 18
Syndicate - 20

Those are all just guesses based on their behavior and what they've said. I dunno...it's hard to peg really.

As for the Academy of Tomorrow:
Emma Frost - 30
Havok - 24(?)
Polaris - 21 or 22 (I lean towards the former)
Northstar - 18
Sunspot - 18 (total guess)
Cannonball - 18 (another guess)
Doug Ramsey - 15

And the Brotherhood:
Magneto - 50
Mystique - Who Knows? She can look as young as she wants, yet call Magneto her "love"
Forge - 17
Longshot - 22

Mostly guess work here. Anyone else wanna share their theories?

P.S. Storm has said that she is the same age as Jean was when Jean and Logan hooked up (she said it in #52). This means that Jean is older than Storm. I always thought they were the same age.

Re: How old are the X-Men?

Guijllons said:
Think it was in the return to weapon X arc that Nightcrawler was mentioned as being 14. I'll look it up.

Yep. I presume that's an exaggeration made by Dr. Cornelius.

Millar has ages all through his run. Jean Grey is a "skinney, 19 year old telepath". Cyclops is one year younger than Beast and Collossus, and Nightcrawler was 14 when he was abducted by weapon X, so he was probasbly about 15 or so by the time Return to weapon X was started. There are more, but I'm not in the mood to go upstairs and dig through everything to find them.

Baxter said:
Millar has ages all through his run. Jean Grey is a "skinney, 19 year old telepath". Cyclops is one year younger than Beast and Collossus, and Nightcrawler was 14 when he was abducted by weapon X, so he was probasbly about 15 or so by the time Return to weapon X was started. There are more, but I'm not in the mood to go upstairs and dig through everything to find them.
Good point about Cyke being a year younger and not two. Missed that. As for the "skinny, 19 year old telepath" thing, that was an old quote. Jean could've had a birthday by then that we don't see happen (there appears to be a large gap between the events depicted in #32 [in fact, it's outright stated!]) and be 20. Just like Storm definitely confirmed having one by telling Wolverine, "I'm the same age as Jean when you and her..." which implies that either Jean or Ororo got older since then.
Thanks for pointing out that there are more. I may have missed a few. Always enjoy the help.

Goodwill, Nightcrawler at most is 16. Its specifically mentioned he was 14 when captured by Weapon X, and seriously doubt he was there for 3-4 years to make him old enough to legally serve alcohol or drive. I think his age was even mentioned again at being 15 or 16, I just can't remember the arc. He's definitly one of the younger classmen though, along with Bobby, Rogue, Kitty, etc.

I don't find Nightcrawler's age a factor in the way he's treated, though. As you know, Iceman, Kitty, and the like have been benched because of how old they are, but, since Nightcrawler has spent his life fighting, there's no problem with him joining the X-Men. It was Millar's genuis that put him behind a wheel of a car, made him serve alcohol, and made him seem older than he was... And he was the one that introduced him as a 14 year old! Seriously, I'll stop with what I think aobut Millar before E comes headhunting... But I understand that he's a youngin'.

icemastertron said:
Iceman wasn't "benched" for his age, but because of how he acts, which, almost has nothing to do with how old he is.
Agreed. He was cast out because he's brash and, in the case of Sinister, probably would've got himself shot in the field. Xavier was right to bench him because, when Sinister did show up, he proved exactly what Xavier was worried about and got himself shot for being a dink.

Nightcrawler is not only more mature than the other underclassmen, but he's also a lot more useful in a pinch (he can teleport his friends to safety) and has combat experience (at Weapon-X).

What fascinates me, and this is probably a discussion for another post, was the teams of two Xavier put the lot of them into that time (during "The Tempest"). I'm still interested why he chose those specific teams.

Anyways...

Latest posts

Back