X-Men: Apocalypse movie (2016)

Did anyone see this? What did you think?

My brother told me they changed the line where he says he has been known as Yahweh and used Elohim instead. That's a smart move. Elohim was the Canaanite word for god that the Israelites adopted to talk about God. It still kind of gets the point across that they were trying to make, but tones down the direct "Your God isn't real, primitive people just didn't understand the world around them" vibe. It's still there, but without directly calling out the Judeo-Christian God by name.

So I got the DVD of this for Christmas and watched it yesterday. It was bland and bloated. The Weapon X scene was cool but the whole part with them getting captured by Stryker was completely unnecessary and the movie would have probably been better without it. It's nice that they gave Moira her memories back, but she was really unnecessary in the movie. Magneto suffers great loss again and goes bad again and kills tons of people, but he defends Xavier at the end, so it's all good. Angel was wasted again. Psylocke was wasted for the first time. And most of all, Apocalypse was anything but intimidating.

It amazes me that Singer/Fox repeated the mistakes that Ratner/Fox made in X3. And then they tried to burn X3 with the ROTJ reference "The third one is always the worst". In the words of Honest Trailers, "Congratulations, you played yourself."

So I got the DVD of this for Christmas and watched it yesterday. It was bland and bloated. The Weapon X scene was cool but the whole part with them getting captured by Stryker was completely unnecessary and the movie would have probably been better without it. It's nice that they gave Moira her memories back, but she was really unnecessary in the movie. Magneto suffers great loss again and goes bad again and kills tons of people, but he defends Xavier at the end, so it's all good. Angel was wasted again. Psylocke was wasted for the first time. And most of all, Apocalypse was anything but intimidating.

It amazes me that Singer/Fox repeated the mistakes that Ratner/Fox made in X3. And then they tried to burn X3 with the ROTJ reference "The third one is always the worst". In the words of Honest Trailers, "Congratulations, you played yourself."

I was thinking the same thing about the Stryker segment but it does set up all the characters get a replacement mode of transportation and, on the lesser side, the jumpsuits/uniforms.

Latest posts

Back