X-Men Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Revised & Original)

Because of the Three-Mile Island incident; which occurred on March 28, 1979. Alternative history, but still reflective of ours to some degree, like the Cuban missile crisis in First Class.
Ok so there is a six year jump after the mission in Nam. Thanks for the reasoning!

EDIT: How positive are we that "The Gifted" is indeed canon?

Last edited:
https://screenrant.com/dark-phoenix-end-xmen-franchise/ you can tell they're not even trying.

10. Older and Younger Consciousnesses Merge
That it's utterly rediculous. If they mean to the original timeline, it's impossible. If they mean in the revised timeline, well, they already are.

9. The Phoenix Force Changes the Future
What's the point of Logan, then?

8. Life Goes On
So basically the Days of Future Past ending? Come on...

7. A World in Harmony
Well, sure, but we already know that X-Men comics were made, and the dubious canonically of the Deadpool films aside, the X-Men were treated as heroes in those films.

6. Deadpool Resets Everything
Well, that's definitely original... not.

5. Reconciliation of Magneto and Professor X
This has already happened 50 times now. I don't want to see them bicker about mutant rights anymore.

4. Connect Things Back to the Original Timeline
This is impossible because X-Men: Days of Future Past and Logan exist. They wouldn't have set Wolverine back in time to stop the assassination of Bolivar Trask if it already stopped. Mystique is pretty much confirmed dead.

3. Xavier Lets Go of the X-Men
Again, we'd know it's only temporary because X-Men: Days of Future Past and Logan exist.

2. The Phoenix Force Ends Everything
X-Men: Days of Future Past and Logan exist, you incompetent article!

1. Traveling to the MCU
Stop right there. I don't want any more complicated multiverse theories because Kevin Fiege gang can't keep Earth-616 in their pants.

Sorry, just needed to rant.
How positive are we that "The Gifted" is indeed canon?
Not very.

Soooo don't read if you want to be spoiled for Dark Phoenix.

The ending totally retcons the future we saw in DoFP; UNLESS Jean returns to Earth and Charles Xavier returns to the school sometime in those 31 years in between.

TBH, we'll never know. But I'll just go with that assumption. It's over, yet we don't know what happened to Sabretooth in the current timeline. As for Stryker...I guess that deleted scene from Apocalypse where he's arrested is his ultimate fate, canon or not.

Last edited:
Soooo don't read if you want to be spoiled for Dark Phoenix.

The ending totally retcons the future we saw in DoFP; UNLESS Jean returns to Earth and Charles Xavier returns to the school sometime in those 31 years in between.

TBH, we'll never know. But I'll just go with that assumption. It's over, yet we don't know what happened to Sabretooth in the current timeline. As for Styker...I guess that deleted scene from Apocalypse where he's arrested is his ultimate fate, canon or not.
Well, I say it's the latter, since the former is unlikely, since XMDoFP is official canon, so everything in the movie must of happened.

Due to the Origins Wolverine time travel shenanigans in Deadpool 2, shouldn't that film be listed in the Deadpool timeline?

Due to the Origins Wolverine time travel shenanigans in Deadpool 2, shouldn't that film be listed in the Deadpool timeline?
We'll, clearly parts of the final battle is canon to the DP universe, but that's all we know. It's possible that that Wade Wilson from that film is the father of the current Deadpool, with him having strands of DNA, and that they have the same name and appearance. That's the only explanation I have...

We'll, clearly parts of the final battle is canon to the DP universe, but that's all we know. It's possible that that Wade Wilson from that film is the father of the current Deadpool, with him having strands of DNA, and that they have the same name and appearance. That's the only explanation I have...
I mean, he specifically says he's cleaning up the timeline. Seems like a pretty heavy implication that that was also Wade and that the events of that film still occurred shot for shot to that point or else there would have been no need for any cleaning of anything.

I mean, he specifically says he's cleaning up the timeline. Seems like a pretty heavy implication that that was also Wade and that the events of that film still occurred shot for shot to that point or else there would have been no need for any cleaning of anything.
Slightly off topic, but 1979 Deadpool shouldn't be dead, since he survived getting his head severed, so a gunshot is literally nothing.

Slightly off topic, but 1979 Deadpool shouldn't be dead, since he survived getting his head severed, so a gunshot is literally nothing.
I imagine that the counterpoint to that could be one recieved brain damage while the other didnt.

I imagine that the counterpoint to that could be one recieved brain damage while the other didnt.
So possibly 1979 has not got current DP's immunity to an attack on his brain, and it's lethal.

Are we of the opinion Deadpool is seperate, or in the revised timeline?

I'm not looking too much into that. At all. It was just a joke; presented to us through Deadpool's demented narrative.

Which is why I didn't add the sequel's end credit scenes to the Deadpool timeline since it just creates problems.

So possibly 1979 has not got current DP's immunity to an attack on his brain, and it's lethal.

Are we of the opinion Deadpool is seperate, or in the revised timeline?
I thought it was in the revised timeline, but then the Origins point is a bit weirder. Not to mention, X-23 is the first mutant child born in over 10 years in Logan so that doesnt seem to add up with Deadpool placement

I'm not looking too much into that. At all. It was just a joke; presented to us through Deadpool's demented narrative.

Which is why I didn't add the sequel's end credit scenes to the Deadpool timeline since it just creates problems.
I believe the type of time travel they are using is "stable". Let's say point 1 leads to point 2. Cable's time travel can stop point 1, but some parts of part 2 will still happen.

I thought it was in the revised timeline, but then the Origins point is a bit weirder. Not to mention, X-23 is the first mutant child born in over 10 years in Logan so that doesnt seem to add up with Deadpool placement
I guess you could just say Wade and Vanessa just had sex how they wanted to when the next holiday wasn't in the foreseeable future, or the Year of the Dog happens earlier in this universe. What's the latest pop culture reference in the Deadpool films that isn't spoken by Deadpool/is recognised by other characters?

Just watched Dark Phoenix and was trying to puzzle out the X-Men timeline as a mental exercise (I'm aware that it makes no sense). I think that if you take the films in release order, there's just a tiny thread to grasp that makes some kind of continuity possible:

Original Timeline:
X-Men First Class-->Origins: Wolverine-->X-Men-->X2--X-Men: Last Stand-->The Wolverine-->Days of Future Past (Future)
Between 1962 and 1986 in this timeline, Charles has some kind of serum that allows him to walk by 1973 as seen in Days of Future Past, explaining his mobility in Origins: Wolverine and X-Men: Last Stand. Some version of the 1983 events of Apocalypse also take place, explaining the references to Charles and Erik (re)building Cerebro in X-Men and their working together as late as 1986 in Last Stand. Mutants are hunted by Trask robots in 2023.

Days of Future Past Timeline
X-Men First Class-->Days of Future Past-->Apocalypse-->Deadpool-->Logan-->Deadpool 2 (Cable future)
Logan travels back in time to 1973, disrupting the timeline. Some version of the Statue of Liberty battle in X-Men may have still occurred, as per Logan. Although no new mutants are born from 2009 forward, Xavier continues to operate his school, with Scott Summers alive and Jean Grey still in human form, into 2023. By 2029, Xavier and Logan have both been killed. At some point after this, the world is in a post apocalyptic state with Firefist and Cable being two of the only remaining mutants.

Deadpool 2 Timeline
X-Men First Class-->Days of Future Past-->Apocalypse-->Deadpool-->Deadpool 2 (present)
Cable travels back in time to 2018, disrupting the timeline. By this point, Xavier is still in charge of his school. Deadpool gains access to Cable's time travel device, and begins disrupting the timeline further.

Deadpool 2 Timeline (altered)
X-Men First Class-->Days of Future Past-->Apocalypse-->Deadpool-->Deadpool 2 (Saving Vanessa, saving Peter)
Deadpool travels back in time to save Vanessa, then travels forward in time to save Peter, changing the timeline. Some version of Deadpool 2 still takes place.

Deadpool 2 Timeline (altered again)
X-Men First Class-->Days of Future Past: Rogue Cut (why not?)-->Apocalypse--->Days of Future Past: Rogue Cut (Future)
Deadpool travels back in time to kill Ryan Reynolds in 2010, changing the timeline. Some version of Deadpool 1 and 2 takes place (probably). And what the heck, let's throw the Days of Future Past: Rogue cut in here for the hell of it.

Deadpool 2 Dark Phoenix Spoilers Timeline (altered again again)
Deadpool 2 (Hitler Baby Deleted Scene)-->Deadpool 2 (Wolverine credits scene)-->X-Men: Dark Phoenix-->New Mutants (?)
Deadpool travels back in time to 1889 to kill baby Hitler, but finds he doesn't have the stuff to do it. Nevertheless, he's altered the timeline, restoring some version of the 1979 Deadpool. He travels forward to clean up the timeline by killing his past-future-past self. First Class, Days of Future Past (1973 version), Apocalypse all occur more or less as they originally did, though Jean may have been born earlier.

In 1992, Raven dies, Jean ascends into a Phoenix form, the school is renamed in her honor, Charles retires. This is the current status quo of the X-Men until New Mutants comes out. (I'm just gonna guess that Deadpool messing with the timeline also caused the re-shoots to be delayed.)

Nope, still makes no sense. Oh well, I tried. XD

TC

Last edited:
Just watched Dark Phoenix and was trying to puzzle out the X-Men timeline as a mental exercise (I'm aware that it makes no sense). I think that if you take the films in release order, there's just a tiny thread to grasp that makes some kind of continuity possible:

Original Timeline:
X-Men First Class-->Origins: Wolverine-->X-Men-->X2--X-Men: Last Stand-->The Wolverine-->Days of Future Past (Future)
Between 1962 and 1986 in this timeline, Charles has some kind of serum that allows him to walk by 1973 as seen in Days of Future Past, explaining his mobility in Origins: Wolverine and X-Men: Last Stand. Some version of the 1983 events of Apocalypse also take place, explaining the references to Charles and Erik (re)building Cerebro in X-Men and their working together as late as 1986 in Last Stand. Mutants are hunted by Trask robots in 2023.

Days of Future Past Timeline
X-Men First Class-->Days of Future Past-->Apocalypse-->Deadpool-->Logan-->Deadpool 2 (Cable future)
Logan travels back in time to 1973, disrupting the timeline. Some version of the Statue of Liberty battle in X-Men may have still occurred, as per Logan. Although no new mutants are born from 2009 forward, Xavier continues to operate his school, with Scott Summers alive and Jean Grey still in human form, into 2023. By 2029, Xavier and Logan have both been killed. At some point after this, the world is in a post apocalyptic state with Firefist and Cable being two of the only remaining mutants.

Deadpool 2 Timeline
X-Men First Class-->Days of Future Past-->Apocalypse-->Deadpool-->Deadpool 2 (present)
Cable travels back in time to 2018, disrupting the timeline. By this point, Xavier is still in charge of his school. Deadpool gains access to Cable's time travel device, and begins disrupting the timeline further.

Deadpool 2 Timeline (altered)
X-Men First Class-->Days of Future Past-->Apocalypse-->Deadpool-->Deadpool 2 (Saving Vanessa, saving Peter)
Deadpool travels back in time to save Vanessa, then travels forward in time to save Peter, changing the timeline. Some version of Deadpool 2 still takes place.

Deadpool 2 Timeline (altered again)
X-Men First Class-->Days of Future Past: Rogue Cut (why not?)-->Apocalypse--->Days of Future Past: Rogue Cut (Future)
Deadpool travels back in time to kill Ryan Reynolds in 2010, changing the timeline. Some version of Deadpool 1 and 2 takes place (probably). And what the heck, let's throw the Days of Future Past: Rogue cut in here for the hell of it.

Deadpool 2 Dark Phoenix Spoilers Timeline (altered again again)
Deadpool 2 (Hitler Baby Deleted Scene)-->Deadpool 2 (Wolverine credits scene)-->X-Men: Dark Phoenix-->New Mutants (?)
Deadpool travels back in time to 1889 to kill baby Hitler, but finds he doesn't have the stuff to do it. Nevertheless, he's altered the timeline, restoring some version of the 1979 Deadpool. He travels forward to clean up the timeline by killing his past-future-past self. First Class, Days of Future Past (1973 version), Apocalypse all occur more or less as they originally did, though Jean may have been born earlier.

In 1992, Raven dies, Jean ascends into a Phoenix form, the school is renamed in her honor, Charles retires. This is the current status quo of the X-Men until New Mutants comes out. (I'm just gonna guess that Deadpool messing with the timeline also caused the re-shoots to be delayed.)

Nope, still makes no sense. Oh well, I tried. XD

TC
The more Deadpool timextravel, the harder it gets.

Latest posts

Back