X-Men Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Revised & Original)

It is like if the X-Men universe were 4 or 5 different universes that Fox insisted were the same continuity:
-The original trilogy
-The prequels
-The Deadpool movies
-The New Mutants
-And every Wolverine movie is part of a diferent chunk of the universe: the Origins is a similar but not exactly indentical universe of the original trilogy, the Wolverine is a original trilogy movie and the Logan movie is a New Mutants universe
And yes, I know that technically, the original and prequel movies are diferent universes, but they present continuity discrepancies that are not explanable with time travel, like Storm, Jean and Cyclops been born at diferent times and Apocalypse arriving without explanation of why he didn't arrive in the other timeline.
1. Storm, Jean and Cyclops were not born at different times. Their ages are the same, even if Jean looks younger in the flashback in X-Men: The Last Stand. There are no discrepancies here.

2. Apocalypse did not arrive without explanation. He was trapped and only freed in the Revised Timeline.

I'm sure I could easily resolve most issues people have with the small inconsistencies.

I thought about this:
Time travel successful
1973/2023: X-Men Days of Future Past (Rouge Cut)

Gone bad
1964: Wade Wilson Jr is born
1973: X-Men Days of Future Past Teatratichal Cut
1979: X-Men Origins Wolverine (revised timeline version)
1983: X-Men Apocalypse
1990: Deadpool
2018: The new mutants
2029: Logan
2068: The future of Cable

Cabel's time travel
1991: Deadpool 2 Super Duper Cut
1991: Deadpool 3?
1992: X-Men Dark Phoenix
2024: Doctor Strange In the Multiverse of Madness
The Earth numbers don't match. I stick to canon as close as I can.

Deadpool 2 is confirmed 2018 by the Appendix and dates in the film, such as The Hero Flakes cereal expiration date being in 2020.

Earth-10005 - Original Timeline
X-Men: First Class
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
X-Men
X2: X-Men United
X-Men: The Last Stand
The Wolverine: Unleashed Extended Edition
X-Men: Days of Future Past

Branches 1973

Earth-66250 - Cable's Timeline
X-Men: Apocalypse
X-Men: Dark Phoenix
Deadpool
Deadpool 2: Super Duper $@%!#& Cut (Prologue/2068 scenes)

Branches 2018

Earth-41633 - Deadpool 2 Timeline
Deadpool
Deadpool 2: Super Duper $@%!#& Cut
(Prologue/2068 scenes)

Branches 2018

Earth-17315 - Logan/Venessa Lives Timeline
Deadpool
Deadpool 2: Super Duper $@%!#& Cut (Prologue/Credits)
Deadpool 3
The New Mutants
Logan

Earth-838 is its own thing.

Last edited:
Just a quick correction, X-Men Origins: Wolverine doesn't happen in the Revised Timeline at all. The Appendix explicitly states that Earth-18315, where Weapon XI is killed by Deadpool, is a divergent timeline to Earth-10005. Cable's device must allow the traversal between closely related timelines in the multiverse, similar to the Quantum Realm time travel seen in Avengers: Endgame.

Deadpool 2 is confirmed 2018 by the Appendix and dates in the film, such as The Hero Flakes cereal expiration date being in 2020.

X-Men

Branches 1973

Deadpool

Branches 2018

Deadpool
(Prologue/2068 scenes)

Branches 2018

Deadpool
Deadpool 3
The New Mutants
Logan

I don't care about consistency with off-screen information in a Franchise where consistency doesn't exist even in on-screen information.

Rouge Cut

It's the same process as the previous 2, but in a universe with other super heroes
2023: Doctor Strange 2

I understand you may disagree with this. But I'm trying to make the timeline more emotionally engaging with a nice ending (Dark Phoenix is a shit movie but in my opinion it gives a good ending for the whole saga that started with First Class) (Also with the addition of "Doc" it would have more sense for this Xavier to be the leader of the illuminati as more severe and always ready to judge others. With the events of "Doc 2" however, he remembers the words of the alternative Xavier realizing that he can still change and sacrifices himself for the multiverse)

Just a quick correction, X-Men Origins: Wolverine doesn't happen in the Revised Timeline at all. The Appendix explicitly states that Earth-18315, where Weapon XI is killed by Deadpool, is a divergent timeline to Earth-10005. Cable's device must allow the traversal between closely related timelines in the multiverse, similar to the Quantum Realm time travel seen in Avengers: Endgame.
We have no idea how the device works. Wade says he's correcting the timeline and not the timelineS (if I remember correctly) so I guess the events, in a particularly different way, happened.

X-Men

Branches 1973

Deadpool

Branches 2018

Deadpool
(Prologue/2068 scenes)

Branches 2018

Deadpool
Deadpool 3
The New Mutants
Logan

As for references to Deadpool over time, I consider them futile, similar to breaking the fourth wall, they are part of the game. Instead I give much more relevance to the X Men cameo in Deadpool 2 which would make no sense after Dark Phoenix, let alone 5 years before DoFP. I prefer to set Deadpool first in the meantime because it works with Wade Wilson SR theory. Although WW Jr. It would be smaller than it looks, it would fit in the timeline. Plus Deadpool himself claims that the timeline is confusing on more than one occasion

I don't care about consistency with off-screen information in a Franchise where consistency doesn't exist even in on-screen information.

Rouge Cut

It's the same process as the previous 2, but in a universe with other super heroes
2023: Doctor Strange 2

I understand you may disagree with this. But I'm trying to make the timeline more emotionally engaging with a nice ending (Dark Phoenix is a shit movie but in my opinion it gives a good ending for the whole saga that started with First Class) (Also with the addition of "Doc" it would have more sense for this Xavier to be the leader of the illuminati as more severe and always ready to judge others. With the events of "Doc 2" however, he remembers the words of the alternative Xavier realizing that he can still change and sacrifices himself for the multiverse)
Earth-17315 is literally the universe of Logan. That's what it says, so that's still conflicting. I disagree with it because it's wrong, frankly. No hard feelings. :p

As for the young X-Men cast? The younger cast essentially became a recast of the originals as time went on. Regardless of whether it makes sense, James McAvoy played a 60 year old Xavier in Dark Phoenix.

As for their actual appearances, it's not as big of an issue as you'd think. You see them for a brief few seconds and they don't look too different from the older cast. Or at least, closer than Edward Norton and Mark Ruffalo hahaha.

How is this any different than any recast? It's just a visual. Nothing contradictory. If it bothers you that much, just say that the X-Men happen to age like Hollywood celebrities. They have 5 years to age into what we see in the Days of Future Past epilogue and, if we take it as a recast, that's mostly viable. I won't make an excuse for McAvoy and Stewart, but at least the scene is short and he doesn't have as many distinguishing features thanks to being bald.

Does this video confirm Logan is neither in Orignal nor Revised Timeline?

No.

"Logan takes place in 2029. Logan dies in Logan. Totally separate thing" = Logan is still alive because Logan takes place in the future.

2023 - X-Men: Days of Future Past
2024 - Deadpool 3
2029 - Logan

Simple.

Maybe Logan takes place on the revised timeline but he's still alive in the Deadpool 2 timeline
Nah. He's alive because Logan hasn't happened yet. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dok
I reworked my first version to fit with universes. Some things may differ from the original information, but I am doing my utmost to make sure that most things fit together.

Earth-10005 (Original Timeline)
X-Men
X-Men: The Official Game
The Wolverine
The Gifted
X-Men: Days Of Future Past (Rouge Cut) (at the end just 1973 parts)
(New Timeline)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (without Xavier physical appearance)
Deadpool
Deadpool 2 (without Logan references)
X-Men: Days Of Future Past (just bad 2023 parts)

Earth-17315 (Logan/Cable's Timeline)
X-Men First Class
X-Men: Days Of Future Past (1973 parts)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (alternative)
X-Men
The Wolverine
Deadpool
New Mutants
Logan

Earth-66250 (Peaceful Future)
X-Men First Class
X-Men: Days Of Future Past (1973 Parts)
X-Men
The Wolverine
Deadpool
Deadpool 2 Super Duper Cut
X-Men Days of Future Past (just good 2023 parts)

Earth-41633 (Deadpool Timeline)
Deadpool
Deadpool 2 Super Duper Cut (Vanessa Lives timeline)
Deadpool 3

I like most of the films in this Franchise and I think they can give a lot if consistency issues are solved

Last edited:
Earth-17315 is literally the universe of Logan. That's what it says, so that's still conflicting. I disagree with it because it's wrong, frankly. No hard feelings. :p

As for the young X-Men cast? The younger cast essentially became a recast of the originals as time went on. Regardless of whether it makes sense, James McAvoy played a 60 year old Xavier in Dark Phoenix.

As for their actual appearances, it's not as big of an issue as you'd think. You see them for a brief few seconds and they don't look too different from the older cast. Or at least, closer than Edward Norton and Mark Ruffalo hahaha.

How is this any different than any recast? It's just a visual. Nothing contradictory. If it bothers you that much, just say that the X-Men happen to age like Hollywood celebrities. They have 5 years to age into what we see in the Days of Future Past epilogue and, if we take it as a recast, that's mostly viable. I won't make an excuse for McAvoy and Stewart, but at least the scene is short and he doesn't have as many distinguishing features thanks to being bald.
I agree in part. But rather than make it go well I want to first sift through every possibility. There are still discrepancies in my review, like the Cable's timeline. I will continue to find ways to match it because as I said, I think The XCU contains some of the best Marvel movies, and regardless of continuity they will remain, but that doesn't stop me from trying.

I reworked my first version to fit with universes. Some things may differ from the original information, but I am doing my utmost to make sure that most things fit together.

Earth-10005 (Original Timeline)
X-Men
X-Men: The Official Game
The Wolverine
The Gifted
X-Men: Days Of Future Past (Rouge Cut) (at the end just 1973 parts)
(New Timeline)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (without Xavier physical appearance)
Deadpool
Deadpool 2 (without Logan references)
X-Men: Days Of Future Past (just bad 2023 parts)

Earth-17315 (Logan/Cable's Timeline)
X-Men First Class
X-Men: Days Of Future Past (1973 parts)
X-Men
The Wolverine
Deadpool
New Mutants
Logan

Earth-66250 (Peaceful Future)
X-Men First Class
X-Men: Days Of Future Past (1973 Parts)
X-Men
The Wolverine
Deadpool
Deadpool 2 Super Duper Cut
X-Men Days of Future Past (just good 2023 parts)

Earth-41633 (Deadpool Timeline)
Deadpool
Deadpool 2 Super Duper Cut (Vanessa Lives timeline)
Deadpool 3

I like most of the films in this Franchise and I think they can give a lot if consistency issues are solved
Cable's future is designated Earth-66250. Earth-41633 is the timeline where the events of Deadpool 2 take place, not the ending. The Appendix explicitly calls the timeline where Deadpool kills Weapon XI a divergent timeline to Earth-10005, the original timeline.

I think I have an idea for you if you want to maintain the happy ending.

Earth-41633 - Deadpool 2/Peaceful ending (James Mangold confirmed that Logan continues from the happy ending in DoFP but oh well...)

Actually, even if we accept that the happy ending is prior to Logan, the Deadpool 2 timeline could have led to any future where the characters have a happy ending. Just know that the version of Wolverine we see in Deadpool 3 will die. They've made it clear that they're not touching his death and Logan still takes place in 2029.

The Gifted has it's own Earth number now. Maybe you could argue it's the timeline at the beginning of Days of Future Past where the Sentinels attacked and Kitty sent them back in time so they could evacuate if you really wanted to, but I think it's just standalone for now.

The Logan references in Deadpool 2 are because Wade has existential awareness of how his universe is fictional in Earth-1218 (our reality) and has knowledge of media that exists here. Because Logan came out in 2017, and Wade is in 2018, he is aware that it will happen in the future. Just like how in the comics he knows of future issues.

If an issue is the X-Mansion having young children in 2023 when mutants haven't been born since 2004, note that Xavier wants to open the school for both humans and mutants in X-Men: Apocalypse. Clearly he must have fulfilled that by 2023.

The original films are not connected to Logan. If you're trying to fit that in that deleted scene, understand that Xavier read Wolverine's mind and knows of events in both timelines. Plus, some details might be the same even if the events are totally different. That's why Wolverine has the sword from The Wolverine even though that movie isn't part of his new timeline.

I'm just going to say, there are no real continuity issues between First Class-Dark Phoenix, Deadpool 1-2, The New Mutants and Logan. Everything can be resolved without separating the films just because you can. You don't need to separate Dark Phoenix and Logan. Xavier returned to teaching sometime between Dark Phoenix and Deadpool and the school returned to its proper name.

Last edited:
I feel like you're trying to resolve continuity issues but I personally feel like there aren't any that need resolving in that manner. You can explain all of them while keeping all the films in the same timeline as intended. :)

X-Men: Days of Future Past Chapter 2 (0:07:55 - 0:07:59) [Alternate Sentinel Timeline]
X-Men: Days of Future Past Chapter 3 (0:08:00 - 0:10:27) [Alternate Sentinel Timeline]
X-Men: Days of Future Past Chapter 4 (0:10:28 - 0:13:57) [Alternate Sentinel Timeline]
X-Men: Days of Future Past Chapter 4 (0:10:28 - 0:11:13) [Alternate Sentinel Timeline]
X-Men: Days of Future Past Chapter 4 (0:11:29 - 0:11:57) [Alternate Sentinel Timeline]
X-Men: Days of Future Past Chapter 4 (0:12:05 - 0:12:06) [Alternate Sentinel Timeline]
X-Men: Days of Future Past Chapter 4 (0:12:15 - 0:12:24) [Alternate Sentinel Timeline]
X-Men: Days of Future Past Chapter 4 (0:12:27 - 0:12:29) [Alternate Sentinel Timeline]
X-Men: Days of Future Past Chapter 4 (0:12:50 - 0:13:57) [Alternate Sentinel Timeline]
X-Men: Days of Future Past Chapter 5 (0:13:58 - 0:17:01) [Alternate Sentinel Timeline]
You have 10:28 and 13:57 on here twice what's with these timestamps

Latest posts

Back