Right, so there could be a 616 version of him running around, or another timeline/universe version accidentally brought in. Or maybe Beast just used the results of his research, which were probably obtained through painful and unethical methods.

Or it could be a horrible continuity error that will never be explained.

Take your pick.

I doubt there's a new Sugar Man because now that means that another mutant created. So really, it's the last one.

The Preview Issue, not the 6-pager that's bopping around the internet

Some Comic Shops get about six or seven advance copies of some of next week's issues (which is why i know that Fallen Son: Iron Man pretty much kicks a lot of ***). The one i go to is one of those places, so I flipped to the end of the issue where the Sugar Man is properly labeled in the next Endangered Species chapter.

Send in a question to Joe Q.

The answer from Mike Carey:

Carey said:
Luis - Sugarman did indeed get seriously damaged in that issue and was presumed dead. But when I asked the X-office about him, the answer I got back was that he was alive and available for use. I presume there'll be a revelation as to why in due course (but not in ES).
Well, it's good to know that something that goes through your head is just a serious injury and not fatal.

This might be what gets me reading all of the X-Books. I've only read Astonishing and Ultimate but I might start picking up Uncanny and X-Men.

Messiah Coming: Mike Carey on X-Men

With the current issue of "Adjectiveless" X-Men (#202) currently on stands, readers indulge in the penultimate chapter of Mike Carey's latest storyline "Blinded by the Light". This story arc features the return of the Marauders and the revelation that someone "sinister" has had some very deep seated, long term plans in place that have the X-Men in all sorts of disarray—including the dissolution of Rogue's team down to two functioning members—Iceman and Cannonball.

With the threat of Sinister's developing machinations coming to fruition and the looming mystery of Marvel's "Messiah Complex" event gaining momentum, Newsarama tracked down Mike Carey to see if he would care to guide us through this complex maze of stories that has readers anticipating bad things for Marvel's mutants.

So it finishes with him finding Wanda and he is more confused and frustrated than ever before.

I wonder if he will tell anyone where Wanda is?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back