X-Men Series Discussion (Spoilers)

Emma's waist is skinnier than her bicep. :shock:

Aren't all women built that way? They should be.

I've been picking this book up here and there trying to get into it....but I just can't. I don't know if it's because Carey seems to be failing at certain plot point execution (IMO) or if its because could really care less about these characters. And swapping between Bachalo and Ramos ain't helping either. I like the Ramos. Not so much the Bachalo.

I really do wanna like this....I just can't.

I'm still pissed that Karima is the new host for Malice.

The only people I care about in this series is Cable. Bachalo's Cable is sweet.

The only people I care about in this series is Cable. Bachalo's Cable is sweet.
My favorite characters in this series were Sabretooth, Lady M, Karima, and Cable. Now they're missing in the Pacific Ocean, turned traitor, infected by computer virus version of Malice, and deadish respectfully.

Not sure how I'll like this book without them. Add in Mystique's betrayel and we've only got Iceman, Cannonballs and Rogue. Yawn. This line-up needs some new recruits. Or maybe this is the ongoing that'll get cancelled and those three will get tossed in on some of the other teams.

My favorite characters in this series were Sabretooth, Lady M, Karima, and Cable. Now they're missing in the Pacific Ocean, turned traitor, infected by computer virus version of Malice, and deadish respectfully.

Not sure how I'll like this book without them. Add in Mystique's betrayel and we've only got Iceman, Cannonballs and Rogue. Yawn. This line-up needs some new recruits. Or maybe this is the ongoing that'll get cancelled and those three will get tossed in on some of the other teams.

Maybe members of New X-Men?

Yeah, like any of these core x-books will get cancelled. But of course the line-up will get new recruits. It's obvious it won't stay at three people. And Sabretooth can be seen in Wolverine, where one of them is to meet their fate. And Cable will be back. Like he's really gonna die.

Yeah, like any of these core x-books will get cancelled.
Yeah. It's silly to think that Marvel might cut back on the number of core titles for one of their top selling series. Just look at Spider-man... oh wait.
But of course the line-up will get new recruits. It's obvious it won't stay at three people.
I don't think anyone was saying it'd be a three man team.
And Sabretooth can be seen in Wolverine, where one of them is to meet their fate. And Cable will be back. Like he's really gonna die.
Which is why I said Cable was deadish, not dead.

Yeah. It's silly to think that Marvel might cut back on the number of core titles for one of their top selling series. Just look at Spider-man... oh wait.
Oh wait. Isn't this a different situation? Yeah!

Ah, but here's the difference.

Spider-Man is ONE person. You don't really need three books just one person. X-Men isn't about one mutant. The reason why there's three books is because there wouldn't be cramming of 20 mutants into one title. So others can "have the spotlight" instead of "Ok, we just did a Cyclops issue, we'll wait say maybe 35 issues before we bring him up again since there's others to write about."

And besides, Marvel may have taken out Senational and Friendly, but they now have Amazing 3 times a month, which serves it equally.

How is going from three teams to two teams that crazy an idea? I'm really curious why you're so adament about this.
And besides, Marvel may have taken out Senational and Friendly, but they now have Amazing 3 times a month, which serves it equally.

The X-men aren't Spider-man, trimming back the rather excessive number of core X books without adding more issues a month might be a good move from a storytelling standpoint.

How is going from three teams to two teams that crazy an idea? I'm really curious why you're so adament about this.
Because then all you're doing is stuffing more characters into a book. It's why the have more than one book for X-Men.

The X-men aren't Spider-man, trimming back the rather excessive number of core X books without adding more issues a month might be a good move from a storytelling standpoint.
And with taking books away, you're taking away 'space' from characters to be in. Adjectiveless is selling well past 70K-80K+. It isn't a title that's going to be cancelled. By taking away books the characters will need to be somewhere because they are going to be used. Putting them in other books where there's already characters is going to be too much, which is something that already happened.

Because then all you're doing is stuffing more characters into a book. It's why the have more than one book for X-Men.

And with taking books away, you're taking away 'space' from characters to be in. Adjectiveless is selling well past 70K-80K+. It isn't a title that's going to be cancelled. By taking away books the characters will need to be somewhere because they are going to be used. Putting them in other books where there's already characters is going to be too much, which is something that already happened.
Fair enough.

I still think from a storytelling standpoint two X teams work better. Since Astonishing kinda exists in it's own little vacuum and Uncanny was running around in space for the last year, there was only 1 main X-men team running around the world this past year. I think that worked better in the grand scheme of things. Bump up Iceman and maybe Rogue to Astonishing. Drop Cannonballs in Uncanny, or not really I could live without him. Cable returns to Cable&Deadpool full-time and you've gone from three books to two without huge cast additions that'll bloat the books beyond capacity.

I understand that financially it'd be a bad move, but call me an optimist. Maybe just this once Marvel will focus on the story rather than the bottom line.

Fair enough.

I still think from a storytelling standpoint two X teams work better. Since Astonishing kinda exists in it's own little vacuum and Uncanny was running around in space for the last year, there was only 1 main X-men team running around the world this past year. I think that worked better in the grand scheme of things. Bump up Iceman and maybe Rogue to Astonishing. Drop Cannonballs in Uncanny, or not really I could live without him. Cable returns to Cable&Deadpool full-time and you've gone from three books to two without huge cast additions that'll bloat the books beyond capacity.

I understand that financially it'd be a bad move, but call me an optimist. Maybe just this once Marvel will focus on the story rather than the bottom line.
Hmm. I like this idea. I always wanted to see Iceman in Astonishing. :D

Fair enough.

Creatively, I agree with this move, but like Ice said the book is selling well enough so it getting canceled is not that likely.

I think Astonishing should be all the big guns. It should be all the popular mutants (which it pretty much is.)

They should do a big rearranging of the teams, and put Nightcrawler, Iceman and maybe Angel on the Astonishing team. That would be neato.

Then have all the rest of the characters be one team. No one cares about those guys anyway.

I think Astonishing should be all the big guns. It should be all the popular mutants (which it pretty much is.)

They should do a big rearranging of the teams, and put Nightcrawler, Iceman and maybe Angel on the Astonishing team. That would be neato.

Then have all the rest of the characters be one team. No one cares about those guys anyway.

Nightcrawler maybe, but I don't think iceman or angel would fit very well into the astonishing team. Angel might fit air support wise.

Latest posts

Back