X-Men Series Discussion (Spoilers)

But 616 Mimic has a big brown beard recently... unless they've changed him to fit his Exiles counterpart.

Carey's take on Sabretooth being on the team after being asked for his thoughts:

My take on the situation is this - bear with me, because it's a bit long-winded. And also, remember I'm speaking as an atheist. It's only an analogy.

In early commentaries on the Bible, there's a clear distinction between "the hammer of God" and "the scourge of God". To call someone a hammer is entirely positive: you're saying they're God's champion, specially chosen and favoured. But "scourge of God" means something very different. If you're a sourge, you're an instrument that God has picked up to punish or administer justice to some specific group of people - and once the job is done, God throws you aside again because he's got no further use for you. The fact that you were - briefly - God's instrument doesn't ennoble you or redeem you even slightly.

Well, Sabretooth is a scourge. Rogue has picked him up and used him against the Children, and in a different situation Cable has used him against Pandemic and his Plague Dogs.

But I'd say he's a team member only insofar as he's fighting alongside the rest of the team and sharing the same risks as them. They don't like him or trust him, or deceive themselves that he shares their agenda in any way - and after the battle they lock him up again because he's only safe if he's on the shortest of short leashes.
It makes complete sense the analogy he made and I complete agree with him.

It would have been quicker for him to just say: "I put him on the team because I like him."

I :heart: Mike Carey. In a totally gay way. I ain't afraid to admit it.

Me said:
Anyways, I was wondering about how Andy at the X-Men panel said that if we're Iceman fans, we're going to love what's going to happen in [adj.] X-Men. So after I had to change my pants, I still was way too excited.

For an actual question, could you elaborate on that? I know of course you can't give anything away, but maybe a hint as to what and/or when?

Mike Carey said:
I can give you the when, Luis. It's the situation that arises as a result of the events in #200, and it runs through #201 to #203. Both Iceman and Cannonball are going to get the spotlight big-time at this point - along with a third mutant who isn't part of the X-Men team (and isn't Beast, before anyone asks :)…)

Humberto Ramos [Partial] wraparound variant:

xmen200ramos.jpg

Last edited:
The last issue was really good.

I think it was genius how they defeated the mind weapon. And I look forward to the return of Gambit.

This issue was pretty fantastic, I have to say...

Mystique's Betrayal comes forward in this issue, along with Lady Mastermind, two characters who have been hanging with the X-Men for a little while now... Mystique is really one of the best X-Villains, I don't care what anybody says). Ice Man can't access his powers, and Mystique shoots Rogue in the chest.

Sunfire (still in his Altered-By-Apocalypse-to-look-like-his-awesome-AOA-counterpart mode) and Gambit (who is no longer Blue, thank Jesus) get the better of Cable on the ruins of his utopian city-state, Providence... Gambit makes a MUCH better villain than a good guy, and I honestly hope that he stays away from fulfilling the Han Solo (repentant and lovable thief) archetype again... I want him using his... Cable sees some significance in the phrase: "One Minute Before Dawn"... But I did a search and it came up with nothin, so who knows... Cable makes Providence Self-Destruct with him in it to hit back Sunfire and Gambit and prevent them from using all of the information Cable has in his "Professor" program... Im sure everyone is just hunky dory (although in Cable-Deadpool we get to see Cable's thoughts in those moments, and he certainly believes he's sacrificing himself) And you see Sunfire and Gambit making the escape... But they don't get his future technology and all that fun stuff.

The backup material for the Endangered Species series I've started discussing over in the ES thread.

5/5

Last edited:
Mystique's Betrayal comes forward in this issue, along with Lady Mastermind, two characters who have been hanging with the X-Men for a little while now... Mystique is really one of the best X-Villains, I don't care what anybody says). Ice Man can't access his powers, and Mystique shoots Rogue in the chest.
No! "Iceman"! ONE WORD!!!

But yes, it was a great issue. I knew that this "relationship" for Iceman wouldn't last. It seems any never will.

Also,IGN.com has a preview for X-Men #201.

I read #200. Cable rules. He is the best part of this series.

Gambit as a villain is sweet.

In that picture above, the girl with the green hair, are her breasts unbalanced or something? One looks much bigger. damn you ramos.

Latest posts

Back