X-Men:The End (Book 1) {SPOILERS}

Well, not necessarily... You don't think they would do two issues in a month? You don't think they could start in March and finish by the end of the summer, into fall? I dunno about that...

Maybe its just wishful thinking. I'm loving this series so much that i'm hoping it doesn't start againt till i get back

Ok FINALLY got issue 5
I loved this issue.

Sage isn't as evil as we though, people actually died, Rogue killed Gambit (Ok it was a Warskrull pretending but still) and then at the end, we got the return of the three prodigal summers.

My only complaint is that the depiction of Madelyne, Stryfe and Genesis was just blegh. The cover was great and that page really really really needed some great art and it was just ok.

Other than that, great issue. I'm hoping Cyclops dies in issue 6 and we find out more about Vargas, Thais and Thaiis

Well, when Rouge and Emma went back to their home, one of the people who helped take care of the kids or the house, was badly injured. When asked what happened, she told them that Gambit left to Sinister taking his kids and Emma's kids.

I say 'supposedly' because it was never shown. She just said that.

Yeah if you read my post again you'l notice that it was actually a Warskrull. I didn't really explain it too well. Gambit turned up where Rogue and Emma had gone out and then Rogue clicked it wasn't him and broke his neck almost straight away

Telling it all...

All right guys, I am going to just flat out tell everything that happened in the book, for those who don't get the series.

Here goes....

Once you open the book, it's the "Previously" page, in which it's stated that this is only {15 years} in a "possible future". A panel is shown where at the front lawn of the school, there's pieces of metal that was destroyed. Plus the skeleton of someone as well.

The issue starts off with with the X-Mansion exploding (that's like the billionth time! :? ). Another explosion goes out, then a whole page is shown from where the fire of the explosion forms an 'X'. Would you say that's ironic?

Cyclops then is in costume with a kid in hand, and asking if Martha and the Cuckoos sisters are alright. Cykes then starts grabbing kids as he runs thru the mansion, looking for them. Now the scene turns to Rahne who is with Carter (Annie's son). Carter begs her not to go, because he can keep her safe in where they're are at, the 'Crystal Palace' (I don't know exactly how to explain this so maybe Cad can?) Rahne leaves the palace, and is picked up by Northstar.

Carter then starts talking to his mother and Havok, who by the way are dead. They died by protecting Carter (it was never mentioned from what or who). Carter then walks thru the "portal door" and turns into an adult (he appeared as a kid earlier).

It turns out that Stryfe, Genesis, and Madelyne were the ones who attacked the manision. As they walk towards it, they were stopped by some type of energy attack or something, by Carter. Then little Sentinels appear, which are now part of the Mansions defense.

Genesis leaves the area, and goes into the Crystal Palace, thru the roof. In there, he's attacked by Havok. The attack does nothing to him. He then attacks Havok, and Annie (who yea, was with Havok). They are completely wiped out, and Carter starts yelling for his mother. It seems that they were only an illusion, since Genesis asked Carter if he was the one that created it. Carter is in shock, and crying for his mother. Genesis completely annihilates him.

Some others join to help out the X-Men. Some are revealed who they are, but not all. One is Juggernaut, but has a different type of helmet. It is like his own version of what Ord had in 'ASTONISHING X-MEN'. Another one is 'Kid-Colossus', and the last one mentioned is Polaris, with short hair.

Juggernaut lands straight on Stryfe's back, crushing it. Then Polaris takes Genesis and throws him at Kid-Colossus, who punches him away. Kid-Colossus then notices Carter's glasses on the ground, shattered. Polaris realizes that he's been killed. Polaris then takes Kid-Colossus and does a "Magnetic 'Fastball Special'". Kid-Colossus goes straight into Stryfe.

Now Cyclops is shooting at something, and is met up by Sorooya (Dust- New X-men). Then it's shown that Northstar is helping take kids outside with Rahne. Then Karma and Kitty show up, and help out take kids as well.

Back at the fighting scene, Genesis hits one of the people who came to help . It's revealed tha her name is Cargill, a.k.a. POWERHOUSE. Wither shows up and kills Genesis by his touch (Wither is fKevin from New X-Men: Academy X).

Madalyne is now in Cykes room and Sorooya interupts. Sorooya turns into dust, and tries to stop Madalyne. Madalyne grabs her clothes, and then it's shown that someone has been killed as a skeleton is on the floor. Then a hand grabs the clothes, and puts it on as the person runs outside.

Kid-Colossus is fighting Stryfe. Here it is revealed that Kid-Colossus is the son of the original Colossus as Stryfe tells him, "Your father couldn't beat me boy-- --and neither can you!" Polaris then tries to stop him with her powers, but Stryfe fights back. Juggernaut then tackles him, and they fall into a lower flooor of the mansion.

It's then revealed that Claremont has been playing us all as Stryfe turns out to be a War-Skrull with a bomb attached to its abdomen. The bomb goes off as Rahne is caught in it. Kitty and Karma are behind a reinforced wall, and Northstar takes Cykes away.

It seems as they failed as the bomb takes up the whole area of the mansion. And I mean like 3-4 acres full. The explosion is so big, that it's seen in Washington.

In Genosha, Charles has a heart attack (well, that is how it seems, at least) as he finds out the X-Men are gone. In space, Jean tell the others that everyone is dead.

Next: Book 2 of 3: "Heroes and Martys".

Pheeeew! :wink:

Last edited:
Alright, Cad's theories:

The Crystal Palace- This is somewhere Carter constructed for himself to live. Since Havoc and Annie are dead (Protecting him from his new friend in Adjectiveless X-men) Carter keeps illusions where everyone who enters is the same as they were in the time he was happy (eg. Rahne was the same as her appearance in New Mutants 2nd series #7- not to long after Havoc and Annie got together and Sammy got to the institute- Carters best time) Outside the crystal palace, Carter is as he should be. This is 15 years in the future- he's grown up. But, when he leaves the Crystal Palace to fight Styfe (or was it Genesis- one of them) He can't deal with the reality of being an adult and dies when Havoc and Annie get "killed".

Not surprising that Stryfe, Genesis and Madelyne were WarSkrulls.
Just in case anyone was wondering, Kitty is still recovering from when she and Rachel were attacked by Ahab last issue.

OK the people who came to help that I can identify are Colossus II, Polaris, Juggernaut, Wither, Hub and Cargill. I think i will catch on to the rest but i need to re-read the issue.

I particularly enjoyed Madelyne getting killed by Sooraya for some reason. Its probably something Freudian.

Rahne is definitely dead. Kitty and Karma are in Lila Cheney's house and its sealed so they and the students survive. Northstar and Cykes are alive i think but i'd say everyone else is dead.

This was the best issue of the series but i really think the whole next series will be us re-reading this one and going "ahh thats what they meant" then it will lead up to the whole big schebang in the third part. Second part will end with a cliffhanger.

Caduceus said:
I particularly enjoyed Madelyne getting killed by Sooraya for some reason. Its probably something Freudian.

See, I don't think it's that. I only posted what happened in the issue, so here are my thoughts on that.

I think it is Sorooya that is dead. It probably looks like she killed "Madelyne", but I doubt that. I mean, lok how it was shown. The person was sneaky and stuff leaving. And then show up in the fighting scene outside again after she was told she couldn't do anything to help. I say it is "Madelyne".

As for there being some survivors, I wouldn't doubt it. Again, I just posted what happened in the issue, and not my thoughts. Northstar is fast enough to get out of there. But then again, that explosion was HUUUUGE!! :shock:

And who was that person in the bubble in the same panel as Northstar and Cykes?

In the bubble i think was Polaris. See if you can see the green short hair.

But i'm going to stick to Sooraya. I need to read the issue again (just cos i loved it) but the explosion and the stripped skeleton demonstrate a frequently mentioned aspect of Sooraya's powers- She nearly did it to Xorneto in New X-men (the original). Plus, it seems the Warskrulls were imprinted with memories and/or personalities - just look at Madelyne in Cyke's bedroom. If you think that Madelyne would have restrained her anger without blowing a hole in Cyke's head, I'll call you a howler monkey named Miguel.

Well, call me what you want, but I'm sticking to my thought as well.

But anyways, as I think GW guessed it, Book 2 (Heroes and Martyrs) will start in March.

Check this out:

X-MEN: THE END - HEROES AND MARTYRS #1 (of 6)

Written by Chris Claremont
Penciled by Sean Chen
Cover by Greg Land

Beginning the second book chronicling the final story of Marvel's mutant heroes! The Xavier Academy has been reduced to a smoldering crater in a brutal sneak attack, and the casualties number in the hundreds. Now, Cyclops must mobilize the survivors to get to the bottom of who is behind these coordinated strikes on mutants in general and the X-Men in particular.

32 PGS./Marvel PSR …$2.99

Last edited:
Alright, here's the cover since for some reason the link doesn't work.

Xend01_cov_col__scaled_800.jpg

That's not going to work. They don't allow hotlinking.

Instead of linking directly to the image, link to the page that shows the image.

Sounds like we're going to learn more about Shai'tan and the Shi'ar in the first issue or two

Ok, I was looking over the one pae preview for issue #1 of Book 2, and I noticed that Beast doesn't have his cat-like features anymore.

What do you guys think happened?

Latest posts

Back