Y The Last Man: Movie news.

Synch

Re: Y The Last Man: Movie Rumor.

It's about time I heard something like this. I love this book and I think it was ready made for film, just maybe a long one like one of those stephen king ones or Dune.

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s

I don't know how Y The Last Man would convert to film.

If they just expanded the story of the first volume, it would be kinda short and they could just keep adding on movies for each volume, getting more money.

Or they could compact like the first three volumes into one movie, which would be pretty interesting, in a Sin City-style way.

ourchair

I don't know how Y The Last Man would convert to film.

If they just expanded the story of the first volume, it would be kinda short and they could just keep adding on movies for each volume, getting more money.

Or they could compact like the first three volumes into one movie, which would be pretty interesting, in a Sin City-style way.
As far as I know, Vaughan says he pretty much rewrote the entire story for the movie version, with a way that almost solves it but still leaves the door open but isn't exactly screaming for a sequel either.

You know, like Children of Men.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen

CBR:

Director DJ Caruso told MTV that he could see actor Shia Lebeouf in the role of poor Yorick. "This is funny, but unbeknownst to me: Shia was already chasing this part prior to anything," Caruso said. "I haven't talked to him yet about it because he's off shooting 'Indiana Jones 4,' but Shia is the right type and the right personality because you want to have the humor, but you also want to have the seriousness. So we'll talk about it when we get there."

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
I like Shia. But I just don't think he's right for the part. I mean he's really good and I could totally see him playing Yorrick.

But I prefer someone else.

Our Dreamcasting for this was just so spot on. Especially me and Ourchair's casting.

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
I like Shia. But I just don't think he's right for the part. I mean he's really good and I could totally see him playing Yorrick.

But I prefer someone else.

Our Dreamcasting for this was just so spot on. Especially me and Ourchair's casting.

I agree. I'm not a huge fan of him, but the few roles I've seen him in I enjoyed. I just don't think he'd be the right choice. Maybe its his looks, his voice, I'm not sure. He's just not who I'd choose. Better him than Keanu, though.

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
Here's the problem with Yorick as a character: he's based off of Brian K. Vaughan himself. As a result, he's more three-dimensional than anyone else in the series. I suppose, the only person who could give a truly satisfactory performance as Yorick is Vaughan himself, and that sure ain't gonna happen.

I think Shia is as close as we're going to get. I can't think of anyone else who'd be as good as he would.

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
By the time they start filming, Shia would actually be the exact same age as Yorick. It's just that, like so many young actors, he only ever seems to get cast as high school kids.

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
Seriously.....after the latest issue....I don't want to see a Y Movie.

I don't.

A movie won't do the series justice at all. I want a full on HBO series w/ our cast.

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
I'd prefer if it just stayed as a comic.

Grocer Man

I had a dream about this movie last night.

It was produced as a TV movie...by Lifetime.

The logical thing happened after that.

Latest posts