Avengers Young Avengers series discussion (spoilers)

Goodwill

Well-Known Member
I thought the issue was pretty good... I thought that the mystery villain was fitting for the series opener and hopefully the team will get explained a little more, since, well, it needs to be! :) Hope Mile High keeps up with these previews...
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
This was split off the generic Young Avengers thread - originally it called for no spoilers, but now that it's separate, spoilers are OK.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
This isn't even the full preview! It's only 19 pages! I haven't seen a comic that was told in less than 22 pages...
 

Caduceus

The Original Muffins Man
I´m not normally an Averngers reader but i read the preview and it interested me. I´ve never read anything with Jessica Jones in it but i really liked the character
 

Fredrik Martinsson

Formerly known as Ultimate Warrior
It seems to me like the issue ended a little early :? but this is probably just so they have a good cliffhanger to issue #2, but 19 pages!? Jeeeesh :shock:
 

Caduceus

The Original Muffins Man
I just can´t believe that was the full issue. I know it was larger than normal but thats not a whole comic
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Caduceus said:
I know it was larger than normal but thats not a whole comic
Cuz it wasn't. Comics are always 22-24 pages, with the rest being ads.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
I just cheked the YOUNG GUNS SKETCH BOOK, looking up something, and saw the page number 20-21. So now I remember what were the other pages where, when the preview was given a couple months ago in the MARVEL PREVIEWS BOOK.
 

Goodwill

Well-Known Member
Well, I think that Iron Lad is the leader, Patriot is the stoic, Hulkling is the jokster, and Asgardian is something else ;)! I think it's cool how it doesn't exactly follow their older counterparts. They are very much their own characters.
 

Caduceus

The Original Muffins Man
I´d say its more Patriot who´s the leader but Iron Lad is the one who knows whats going on with Kang or whatever.
 

Goodwill

Well-Known Member
Caduceus said:
I´d say its more Patriot who´s the leader but Iron Lad is the one who knows whats going on with Kang or whatever.
That's why I said that... I think that Patriot does his own thing. Like, he's the Wolverine of the Young Avengers, you know?
 

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Yea.. I'm not diggin' this at all... I hate ripoffs like junior versions or female versions and it's supposed to be taken legitimately? No thank you... the whole Bucky thing interested me though?? Is it possible he's the Patriot?

and just so I'm not throwin' the whole thing out the window Jessica Jones is cool
 

Friday

Well-Known Member
TheManWithoutFear said:
Yea.. I'm not diggin' this at all... I hate ripoffs like junior versions or female versions and it's supposed to be taken legitimately? No thank you... the whole Bucky thing interested me though?? Is it possible he's the Patriot?

and just so I'm not throwin' the whole thing out the window Jessica Jones is cool
The only real problem I have with characters like that is connections to the originals. I'm thinkin these kids are from the future, hence Iron Lad's supposdly more sophisticated armor, and the Kang connection.

Heh, fanboys from 100 years from now are geneticly altering themselves to be like thier idols.
 

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Baxter said:
The only real problem I have with characters like that is connections to the originals. I'm thinkin these kids are from the future, hence Iron Lad's supposdly more sophisticated armor, and the Kang connection.

Heh, fanboys from 100 years from now are geneticly altering themselves to be like thier idols.
and again I say I'm not really diggin' this idea...
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
TheManWithoutFear said:
the whole Bucky thing interested me though?? Is it possible he's the Patriot?
Yeah...you do know that Bucky IS dead. Died in an explosion. No way he can be brought back...
 

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
icemastertron said:
Yeah...you do know that Bucky IS dead. Died in an explosion. No way he can be brought back...
you're the one who said they had all the official handbooks right?? check up on the last line in the Bucky Bio...
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
TheManWithoutFear said:
you're the one who said they had all the official handbooks right?? check up on the last line in the Bucky Bio...
Yeah, and it says:



"...Captain America was subsequently thrown into suspended animation, reviving decades later to avenge Bucky's death and ensure that his sacrifice recieved the recognition it deserved."


EXACT line in both BOOK OF THE DEAD- 2004 and GOLDEN AGE MARVEL 2004. So what were you trying to say? :roll:
 

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
icemastertron said:
Yeah, and it says:



"...Captain America was subsequently thrown into suspended animation, reviving decades later to avenge Bucky's death and ensure that his sacrifice recieved the recognition it deserved."


EXACT line in both BOOK OF THE DEAD- 2004 and GOLDEN AGE MARVEL 2004. So what were you trying to say? :roll:
I meant the part that says his body is never recovered
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top