Avengers Young Avengers series discussion (spoilers)

They've gone what, 60 years without reverseing his death? Long enough it's become one of the laws of comicdom that anyone can come back except bucky? i doubt he's popping up now.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I meant the part that says his body is never recovered
Well, you said last line.

And besides. How is a body going to be recovered when it was dead on with an explosion. No body piece will be found along side with a huge bomb from a rocket, man!

TheManWithoutFear said:
I meant the part that says his body is never recovered

I edited your post - no namecalling.

Could we talk Kang now? He's a time traveller, which would mean that, if he's behind all of this, him and Scarlet Witch would be a force to be reckoned with, you know? I think that would be an interestin deal, you know?

KAAAAAANG!!!! KAAAAAANG!!!! KAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

He was the whole reason I trucked through Essential Avengers 1-3

Hrmmm... well, time travel and the ability to warp reality would be quite the match. Near unstoppable really. We're talking crazy Hal Jordan level power here.

If Kang's involved I stand firmly by the Youngins being from the future. Except for Patriot, I think they've just hooked up with him in the current timeline. Think a storytelling liason to guide the readers through the diffrences between us and whats going on.

Sorry, yeah i meant Young Avengers.

From Comicboards

Posted by KJLH on Wednesday, March 09 2005 at 21:45:21 GMT

Spoilers aplenty...

First off, I'll say I dig this book. It looks like real fun. I'm not going to go page by page and give up the story as it stands, but I will say that the book opens with the same preview that can be seen at popculture.com. Cassie Lang does indeed show up and say that she's looking for the Young Avengers. She decides she's headed over the the mansion to see if they are there (and to retrieve her dad's equipment) so she can demand membership acceptance. For the record, she claims to be turning 15 in June. The other girl (wish I could remember her name) tags along.

Iron Man, Cap, and Jess continue their conversation with Iron Lad, and a bit of his origin is shown. I'll say this... His suit is freaking awesome! It can... oh wait.. I'll leave that for you to read. Heh. But all you naysayers out there can rest. This boy is indeed Kang.

Hulkling and Asgardian are shown together again being overly polite to eachother (hmmmm) and they help Patriot foil a drug buy. An interesting thing... Patriot get shot in the chest and shrugs it off. Hulkling gets knifed and actually bleeds. Hulkling does seem to have some sort of healing factor though. They convince Patriot to stay with the team and they encounter Cassie Lang and tagalong who BOTH deman d acceptance into the Young Avengers.

Now get this.... and I mean major spoilers are coming.

Cassie begins to get furious that they won't allow her into the mansion to get her dad's gear so she can become Ant-girl. There's an extreme close up of her face as she's yelling something about she is not leaving until they allow her to get her dad's belongings. next shot? She's freaking huge! The girls has grown. Ant-girl? Naw... methinks she be Giant-girl!

Good book. Very fun to read. This stuff is great!

Yeah i would prefer it if she could only shrink and not grow tho. For some reason i dont like heros that can grow (cept for you Bax). That power just annoys me. I dont like people like Giant Man or Atlas (MY 1000th post people)

Latest posts

Back