Young Justice Animated Series (spoilers)

Re: Young Justice League Cartoon

Arrowette is called Artemis on the show though.

Probably for the best. Arrowette is a pretty silly name.

I wonder if she'll be tied to Wonder Woman or Green Arrow.

Also, Miss Martian has freckles! That's the most adorable thing ever.

Last edited:

Yes!

DC always knocks it out of the park with their cartoon adaptations. With Marvel, you're a little cautious, with DC, you can't wait for it.

Probably for the best. Arrowette is a pretty silly name.

And I guess they don't want to use Speedy, since there's already a fast person on the team. Also, her prostitution/AIDS background wouldn't go over well with the censors.

I wonder if she'll be tied to Wonder Woman or Green Arrow.

I'd guess Green Arrow because of the costume.

Also, Miss Martian has freckles! That's the most adorable thing ever.

I KNOW RIGHT?!?!?!

They just suck you right in.

I agree 100%.

Arrowette was in the original Young Justice comic. She was trained by her psychotic mother to be a crime fighter. She has no relation to Speedy whatsoever.

Last edited:

so i'm really hoping that this is a sequel to Teen Titans. It doesn't even need to be the same style and tone, but I'd like a follow up.

In Young Justice, being a teenager means proving yourself over and over—to peers, parents, teachers, mentors and, ultimately, to yourself. But what if you're not just a normal teenager? What if you're a teenage super hero? Are you ready to join the ranks of the great heroes and prove you're worthy of the Justice League? That's exactly what the members of Young Justice — Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian and Artemis — will find out, whether they have what it takes to be a proven hero. This all-new series is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and based upon characters from DC Comics. Sam Register (Teen Titans, Ben 10, Batman: The Brave and the Bold) is the executive producer. Brandon Vietti (Batman: Under the Red Hood, Superman Doomsday, The Batman) and Greg Weisman (Gargoyles, The Spectacular Spider-Man, W.I.T.C.H.) are the producers.

HOLY CRAP GREG WEISMAN!

Also, there seems to be a bit of an internet hate because of Artemis, who's apparently a combination of Wonder Girl and Arrowette.

You know, I just realized.

I'm not very familiar with Young Justice (though this team seems to be partly influenced by the Johns Titans,) but what does Young Justice have to offer in terms of a rogues gallery?

There's this lady.

http://www.comicvine.com/mighty-endowed/29-11996/

Granted, rogues aren't everything, but I think it's a legitimate question.

Aqualad!

Is anyone even reading this thread?

Last edited:

Mighty Endowed?

what?

She was a supervillain with superpowered boobs. She was pretty much a joke and was only around one issue.

My point is, Young Justice doesn't have a whole lot of recognizable villains.

Then again, te description gives it a connection to the Justice League, so they could borrow their bad guys.

You know, I just realized.

I'm not very familiar with Young Justice (though this team seems to be partly influenced by the Johns Titans,) but what does Young Justice have to offer in terms of a rogues gallery?

There's this lady.

http://www.comicvine.com/mighty-endowed/29-11996/

Granted, rogues aren't everything, but I think it's a legitimate question.

Young Justice was around BEFORE John's Titans, and basically what he based his Teen Titans team off of.

Their comic was pure fun, at the beginning it relied on word puns and strange plots, and later on, was more about family and how young people grew up in the world. It was a real enjoyable comic.

They also had a New Genesis bike, which would boom tube them around the world.

The main antagonists were this government duo known as Fite N Madd. They worked for some secret agency, and kept tabs on Young Justice. Then Fites daughter, Anita, joined the Young Justice team, Fite was killed, and Madd became a sometimes advisor for them. After that they kind of degenerated into the whatever event was going on for the month comic book, which was what eventually dropped sales.

Mightily Endowed was an archeologist who unearthed the New Genesis bike in the first place, and was defeated because she couldn't stand up because of her chest. Hence the name. She was only around for one issue though and never heard of again.

Comic Con footage:

[video=youtube;ZiOjAmXDjW4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiOjAmXDjW4[/video]

It's kinda weird that they have both Artemis and Speedy/Red Arrow, and I guess this Robin is Dick?

I want to see this. Has me pretty excited.

I wasn't sure about this when I first saw the pictures, but I'm pretty impressed by the footage.

I'd be fairly certain that that's Tim Drake, for a number of reasons, most of all that they'll want to adapt the friendship between him and Connor in the comics. It would cheapen the dynamic if they made him Dick Grayson. That's changing it too much.

I really can't wait for this show, now. The animation is as impressive as some of the DCU movies and the designs are a lot better than the ones used for JLU. I just hope that this is absolutely not a kiddies' show, like the last three DC cartoons were/are.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back