Young Justice Animated Series (spoilers)

Re: Young Justice League Cartoon

I don't think it's actual Ice, I think it's some sort of solidified water or something.

Houde's right, he only had ice at the beginning because Killer Frost froze his water before he clocked her.

....Yeah, I know that. It was a joke, trying to connect to my name. You guys obviously fail at life. That was all obvious of what you said.

Buzz Killingtons. :neutral:

Last edited:

Saw the pilot.

First the bad. It's not really complete as a pilot. I like a good mythology reference as much as any other geek, but leaving Miss Martian out until the ending wasn't a good idea.

I think it's fine, and not all that unusual. Better to use later episodes to introduce her than try to shoehorn her into an opening story that didn't fit. I think the general idea is that the core four are all familiar with each other, or at least aware, and she's supposed to be the outsider. They didn't introduce Arrowette or Artemis or whoever the other girl is supposed to be yet, either.

It did everything a pilot should do: establish a mission statement, set a tone, introduce most of the core characters, set up a mythology... It worked well.

Grocer Man said:
Also, I think it would have been better if they had chosen a less dark story for the first episode. There's nothing wrong with darkness, I just think it would have been better if they'd gone with a story that showed the full range of emotions the show would be giving out. Otherwise the audience might think the whole series will be about the kids getting cancer or something. (Mind you, that last part is just my opinion.)

I gather that this generally is going to be the tone all around. I mean, they're basically the Outsiders. I am kind of surprised they went that direction though.

Grocer Man said:
Also, I want to learn to play the saxophone. So I can play saucy love ballads whenever Aqualad and Superboy are in a scene together.

I don't think it was intentional, but it did seem startlingly homoerotic to me.

I don't think it's actual Ice, I think it's some sort of solidified water or something.

Is anyone struck by the fact that he's basically got Green Lantern powers?

Last edited:
I was struck that they made him totally awesome... Like, seriously... The kid in Brightest Day better turn out half this awesome.

And the original Young Justice started off with just the boys then introduced the girls. I think it's kinda an homage doing it this way.

My thoughts as well.

Last edited:

Got a chance to watch this (not the easiest thing to find). I was really amazed at how well it worked out it. was expecting one of those out of the blue Teen Titan comments, but nadda. i really liked

He's like Kid Wesley Snipes.

Aqua Lad has now become one of my favorite YJL hero's. and he does look a little like young Wesley Snipes. (wonder if they'll do a vampire episode for the hell of it)

I think it's fine, and not all that unusual. Better to use later episodes to introduce her than try to shoehorn her into an opening story that didn't fit. I think the general idea is that the core four are all familiar with each other, or at least aware, and she's supposed to be the outsider. They didn't introduce Arrowette or Artemis or whoever the other girl is supposed to be yet, either.

It did everything a pilot should do: establish a mission statement, set a tone, introduce most of the core characters, set up a mythology... It worked well.

I gather that this generally is going to be the tone all around. I mean, they're basically the Outsiders. I am kind of surprised they went that direction though.

I don't think it was intentional, but it did seem startlingly homoerotic to me.

Is anyone struck by the fact that he's basically got Green Lantern powers?

Fair enough. Like I said, most of that was just my opinion, and I could be wrong.

I was able to dismiss the homoeroticness as coincidence. Then it got to the "What Would Superman Do" scene and I couldn't stop seeing it.

And I agree, Aqualad is really, really cool. Probably the character that impressed me the most. Looking forward to seeing him as leader.

Also, one question to anyone more familiar with Young Justice then I am: is The Light from the comics? I don't think they are (I'm guessing they're a reimagined Legion of Doom) but I thought I'd ask.

Aqua Lad has now become one of my favorite YJL hero's. and he does look a little like young Wesley Snipes. (wonder if they'll do a vampire episode for the hell of it)

I was thinking more that he sounded like Wesley but, yeah. That too. Either way, he's a badass.

Also, one question to anyone more familiar with Young Justice then I am: is The Light from the comics? I don't think they are (I'm guessing they're a reimagined Legion of Doom) but I thought I'd ask.

I'm not familiar with The Light, but then, I'm not all that familiar with Young Justice. :D They just reminded me of the inner circle of the Guild of Calamitous Intent.

I'd bet good money that Luthor's part of it and will tie into Superboy's origin.

Last edited:

i watched it on youtube. I liked it once they got past the "Don't call us side kicks!/We're not kids, treat us fairly!/Adults Suck!" stuff at the beginning.

I wonder why they decided to not have Speedy investigate Cadmus with them?

"Wow is that Speedy?"

"No Speedy is Green Arrow's sidekick."

"Well that makes no sense at all."

shouldn't this thread be called "Young Justice Cartoon" instead of "Young Justice League Cartoon"?

Re: Young Justice Cartoon

(this week and next are the two halves of the pilot, mind you)

I just wanna know why Cartoon Network doesn't have it on iTunes yet. I'd definitely get the Season Pass if it were.

[video=youtube;6Ag9TLocFF4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ag9TLocFF4[/video]

This would make the episode a million times better

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back