Young Justice Animated Series (spoilers)

Re: Young Justice League Cartoon

When they showed Speedy, it was a guest star sort of role.

And Arrowette, at least in the comics, was ten times cooler than Speedy,

Hopefully we'll see Dick Grayson as Nightwing... I still kinda bet that it's Dick.

More Details Emerge About Animated Young Justice

Highlights:
* Takes place in the DC multiverse (Earth-16)
* Superheroes are fairly new to this world, Superman has only been around for 10 years, Batman for 9 years
* Robin is Dick Grayson
* Kid Flash is Wally West
* Superboy is Conner Kent, newly cloned 16 weeks ago
* Aqualad is Jackson Hyde, son of Black Manta. He is the leader of the team. Garth will also appear.
* The female archer is Artemis, NOT Arrowette/Speedy
* Miss Martian is Martian Manhunter's daughter

I haven't really watched a DC cartoon since the Batman series. I may get on the wagon with this.

Some more videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yULho6ME5KU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsnuMjbaqbM&feature=related

I'm dissapointed Green Arrow doesn't sound more like Wash from Firefly. Otherwise looks great.

Also, this may just be something weird, but here's a question someone asked Weisman about the show:

I noticed there are numerous references to the number sixteen in Young Justice including:
-a 16 member justice league
-from reports this is an Earth 16
-Miss Martian is 16 in Martian Years
-Connor is 16 weeks

Is this some sort of in-joke on the part of the crew or is there a much deeper reason?

This is Weisman's response:

<chuckles evilly>

Not sure if it means anything, but food for thought.

Saw the pilot.

First the bad. It's not really complete as a pilot. I like a good mythology reference as much as any other geek, but leaving Miss Martian out until the ending wasn't a good idea. Also, I think it would have been better if they had chosen a less dark story for the first episode. There's nothing wrong with darkness, I just think it would have been better if they'd gone with a story that showed the full range of emotions the show would be giving out. Otherwise the audience might think the whole series will be about the kids getting cancer or something. (Mind you, that last part is just my opinion.)

The good news? Strong writing, fantastic animation, and good characters. I'm expecting a lot from this series, and this was a very good start.

EDIT: Also, I kind of hate that I have to wait until January for more episodes.

Also, I want to learn to play the saxophone. So I can play saucy love ballads whenever Aqualad and Superboy are in a scene together.

Last edited:

I thought it was perfect. I enjoyed everything and the story seemed to work just fine for the pilot. Sets the tone of everything to come. It was fine for me.

It was fun, and not that dark. I've seen darker. I think this was more of getting this person out of the dark.

And the original Young Justice started off with just the boys then introduced the girls. I think it's kinda an homage doing it this way.

I thought it was really good, I liked Aqualad a lot more than I thought I would.

Houde's right, he only had ice at the beginning because Killer Frost froze his water before he clocked her.

Latest posts

Back