Your 5 Favorite Films of 2007 -- Update As You Go

**** your **** American system. It came out in 2007 here, so it stays on the list.

Christ! Was ROCKY BALBOA 2007? I totally forgot. Adding that to my list.

HOT FUZZ 7/10; 300 7/10; PAN'S LABYRINTH 7/10, ROCKY BALBOA 7/10 - Highly enjoyable films that were extremely entertaining, but I'm unsure as to how good they'll be upon rewatching.

OCEAN'S THIRTEEN 6/10 - Lots of fun, but somewhat unsatisfying; there's a great build-up to the opening night with lots of brilliant bits, but the actual opening night is rather... unexciting.

WILD HOGS 5/10 - Really quite enjoyable yet stupid too; I've yet to see the end of it, which might make it much better or worse. So far, I'd guess that if I saw the rest it might hit 6, or even 7. It was surprisingly good entertainment.

SPIDER-MAN 3 3/10 - Meh. Some bits were very good, but on the whole, it was piecemeal rubbish like the first two.

GHOST RIDER 1/10 - I couldn't finish it. I had no tolerance for the level of bull**** this film had to give me.

300 (4.5)
Ocean's 13 (4.5)
Knocked Up (4)
Grindhouse (4)
1408 (4)
Live Free Or Die Hard (3.5)
Spider-Man 3 (3.5)
Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End (3)
The Astronaut Farmer (3)
Transformers (3)
Ghost Rider (2.5)
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2.5)
Hostel: Part II (2)

Added Transformers. Or Suckformers as I like to call it.

Ok...

01. Transformers
02. Pan's Labyrinth
03. Pirates of the Caribbean 3
04. Hot Fuzz
05. Evan Almighty
06. Ratatouille
07. Shrek 3
08. Spider-Man 3
09. Ghost Rider
10. Knocked Up

Last edited:
Do you watch the show? Cause chances are if you don't watch the show then you won't like the movie. Everyone I know who is a fan of the series loved the movie (then again, I don't know why you would see the movie if you didn't watch the show).

Yes, I do watch the show. In fact, I have every season out so far. I gotta say, the movie was severely disappointing and I seriously doubt there will be another season. The movie was pretty much a **** you and goodbye. It was entertaining at times, but damn were those times really far from each other.

Knocked Up: 4.5/5 Wanted it to be longer
Hot Fuzz: 5/5 Best.Action.Movie.EVAR!
300: 5/5 Best.Action.Movie.EVAR!
Shrek The Third: 3/5 funny but not as good as the others
Spider-Man 3: 4/5 This was really entertaining, but ending was bad. emo spidey was awesome
Pan's Labyrinth: 4.5/5 Really sad, really good
Ghost Rider: 3/5 Little to no action but it was still a fun movie.
ATHFCMFFT: 2/5 Did not own up to the show. last two seasons were horrible. I laughed like twice each episode. 1st season was the best. The movie, imo, didn't highlight what made the show great, which was always getting a constant laugh. The movie, had trouble doing that for me, and it really doesn't take much to make me laugh.

Anyone even attempting to argue that Evan Almighty was a better film than Ratatouille is so crazy that my head might explode.

Sheesh, you're as bad as mole.

Uh , Whats wrong with the films you bolded?

Transformers = good reviews , Ratatouille = good reviews , Knocked Up = good reviews. The only one on the bolded crap list would be Evan Almighty , But actually expected Evan Almighty to be good?

As your your bad as mole I think you just proved your bad taste saying all those were made him have bad taste.

Uh , Whats wrong with the films you bolded?

Transformers = good reviews , Ratatouille = good reviews , Knocked Up = good reviews. The only one on the bolded crap list would be Evan Almighty , But actually expected Evan Almighty to be good?

As your your bad as mole I think you just proved your bad taste saying all those were made him have bad taste.

Mole.... come on. Look at ultimatedjf's list. He's got Ratatouille and Knocked Up at the top of it, so the fact that they're on there can't be the problem, can it?

Mole.... come on. Look at ultimatedjf's list. He's got Ratatouille and Knocked Up at the top of it, so the fact that they're on there can't be the problem, can it?

Then why bold them?

---------

Anyway My updated list

1st Spider-man 3
2nd Transformers
3rd TMNT
4th Rocky Balboa (yes It was 2006 in usa BUT january 2007 here in uk. I'm in uk so this counts)
5th Shrek the third

Sheesh, you're as bad as mole.

I likes what I likes... I may even re-arrange my list, I'm not really sure where I should rank some of them.

Wait, were you saying there is something wrong with me ranking Transformers as #1?

Oh! I forgot about TMNT.

01. Transformers
02. Pan's Labyrinth
03. Pirates of the Caribbean 3
04. Hot Fuzz
05. Evan Almighty
06. Ratatouille
07. Shrek 3
08. Knocked Up
09. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
10. Spider-Man 3
11. Ghost Rider

Last edited:
So the other day I was wondering if I really liked Knocked Up better than Ratatouille (#1 and 2 on my list respectively). Then today I saw Ratatouille a second time, and although I loved it as much as I did the first time, I did not laugh anywhere near as much as when I first saw it.

And since, when I saw Knocked Up a second time a couple weeks ago, I laughed the same amount if not more than I did for the first time, the order stays the same.

Regardless, all of you should see both films, and if you haven't, get to Knocked Up first, as it'll probably only be in theaters for 3 or 4 more weeks, whereas Ratatouille just started its run on Friday. (Hear that, moony? Get off that couch! :) )

So the other day I was wondering if I really liked Knocked Up better than Ratatouille (#1 and 2 on my list respectively). Then today I saw Ratatouille a second time, and although I loved it as much as I did the first time, I did not laugh anywhere near as much as when I first saw it.

Hmm, Ratatouille never made me laugh, but I did think it was a very well thought-out movie and just kinda gave me good feelings. Knocked Up did the exact opposite. Well, it was well thought-out too, it's just that while it made me laugh, it didn't give me good feelings... more like paranoia and some depression.

Last edited:
Knocked Up: 9/10- brilliant both times i saw it. A uniquely satisfying combination of drama and comedy, it made me care for the characters.
Hot Fuzz: 9/10- SO incredibly funny. I did not stop laughing.
Transformers: 9/10- soooooo good. Incredibly enjoyable, and a feast for the eyes. You have to see it to believe it.
Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End: 8/10- so very thoroughly entertaining.
Ocean's 13: 8/10- same as above.
Ratatouille: 8/10- borderline 7/8... but i'll give it the benefit of the doubt for now. It came on REALLY strong at the end. And I was the only one laughing in the entire 3/4 packed theater (my family was there too). The subtlety of the humor was great. It's high point without a doubt.
Bridge To Terabithia: 8/10- really heart-wrenching. I dont think it'll have any lasting impact on me other than it's the latest thing to have made me *nearly* cry.
Grindhouse: 7/10- lagged a bit in death proof's first half. stylistically superb.
300: 7/10- great, but too much FREEDOM, seemingly right-oriented propaganda mumbo jumbo... but entertaining nonetheless, and very well done.
Live Free Or Die Hard: 7/10- some ridiculous logic points (o i got shot in the knee... AND NOW I'LL STAND UP REAL FAST!!) and bad overdubbing, but very enjoyable.
Shrek The Third: 6/10- great, except for the princess parts... i liked fiona so much better as a human... :(
Blades of Glory: 6/10- funny, but instantly forgettable.
Evan Almighty: 6/10- alright.
Spider-Man 3: 4/10- UGH.

Updated: Transformers

1. Ratatouille - 9.9/10 - Best movie of the year thusfar... The .1 is knocked off because of the beginning which was a bit weaker than the rest of the film, but the second we got Remy talking to Gusteau and introduced Linguini, the film turned to solid gold. It is going to be hard as HELL to outrank this movie this year.

2. Knocked Up - 9/10 - Best comedy i've seen in a long while.

3. Sicko - 8.75/10 - Sicko is an important movie, especially if you're an American... Actually, it might only be an important film if you are an American... But if you are, this movie is equally as important a film as An Inconvenient Truth was last year. This movie is about how our country's healthcare system PALES in comparison to EVERY OTHER Western Country... This is an issue that we should make central in 2008... So, yeah. See it if you are American, if not, its not going to mean all that much. (which i deducted .25 for... the other point off is from the films various flaws, but its still a damn good movie)

4. Zodiac - 8.5/10 - Well constructed, but a bit longer than necessary. The acting was fantastic though, probably the best I've seen so far this year.

5. Hot Fuzz - 8.5/10 - Fun, Funny, Action-packed. Also: Timothy Dalton is fantastic, and I now want to write movies where I can make him the bad guy.

6. Bridge to Terabithia - 8.5/10 - Most heartwarming story i've seen all year, based on my favorite book in Middle School

7. Grindhouse - 8/10 - Lots of fun, it has its weak points, but the sheer enjoyability of Planet Terror, and the newest Tarantino film (which includes what I now consider to be the greatest chase sequence of ALL time)... Death Proof is simply brilliant. I'll see it again if it hits the theaters on its lonesome.

8. Ocean's 13 - 8/10 - Its not quite the quality of the first one... But it's ALMOST up there... The first half of the movie I was really anxious, because it took a WHILE to get going... But when it picked up, it really picked up and I enjoyed the hell out of it... Clooney and Pitt's relationship gives this an extra point, but I might knock it down later in the year.

9. Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End - 8/10 - Satisfying ending to a well executed trilogy. I enjoyed the hell out of it, and I'll happily dish out the money for the next film on the list.

10. Tranformers - 7/10 - Your typical fun summer action popcorn flick. Good Characters, Lots of Fun action, but not much substance.

11. 300 - 7/10 - Fun. Good. But the scenes in sparta interspersed with the narrative slows the story... I need to see it again (for the fourth time), but I'm pretty sure that this is where I stand on it. Mostly Good.

12. Shrek 3 - 7/10 - Solid Enough... Not as much heart as the first, Not as much funny as the second, but still a the end of the day it was an enjoyable solid movie with fantastic CGI... There's this bit with The Gingerbread Man's life flashing before his eyes that still makes me laugh just thinking about it. Not great, Not Bad. Certainly better than I expected.

13. Fantastic Four: The Rise of the Silver Surfer - 7/10 - Had a lot of the flaws of the first, but rectified several of them... Johnny Storm continues to be the strongest aspect of the series, which I absolutely hope continues... My biggest Problem is with Mr. Fantastic, cuz, well... he should seem intelligent.

14. Spider-Man 3 - 6/10 - The most disapointing film experience I've had all year. This made me cringe so much with what they messed up that every time something decent happened it was ruined by the inconsistency of it all... The good parts simply showed that this COULD have been good. But they opted against it, apparently...

15. Evan Almighty - 5/10 - It had heart, but no real discernable message, and poor usage of Wanda Sykes, who I think can be fantastic when she's got a good script. I'm glad I saw it once, but doubt i'll ever see it again.

16. Ghost Rider - 4/10 - This movie made me want to make my own Ghost Rider movie, one that was good.

Movies I Plan to See This Year:
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (looks like the best one yet)
- Hairspray (Actually I might be most excited about this movie, over everything else in the next few months)
- The Simpsons Movie (Looks good)
- Stardust (I suspect this might be my favorite movie of the year... I love the book, and its been getting fantastic advance reviews)
- Wristcutters: A Love Story (I <3 Patrick Fugit)
- The Nanny Diaries (It looks good)
- The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (the title says it all)
- Beowulf (Neil Gaiman! Woot!)
- Enchanted (The first Disney movie i've been excited about in AGES... Looks funny and charming and it might be the dawn of a new era for Disney)
- The Golden Compass (one of my favorite book series of all time... plus GREAT casting)
- National Treasure: The Book of Secrets (enjoyed the first one enough)
- Sweeney Todd (Please God, don't suck. Sweeney is one of my alltime favorite musicals, and I might die if Burton doesnt do it justice.)

Last edited:
This is the first year in a long time where I've throughly enjoyed almost every movie I've seen. It's been a pretty good year for movies, over all. :D

This is the first year in a long time where I've throughly enjoyed almost every movie I've seen. It's been a pretty good year for movies, over all. :D

I think this has been one of the best years for movies ever. The only movie I've seen at the theatre this year which I didn't really like was Pirates 3.

I'm going to change my whole list soon, because seriously, there's no way to try and rank Tranformers against Knocked Up or Zodiac. I'll probably just rate each new movie out of ten and list them in the order that they come out.

Latest posts

Back