Captain America Movie

I like Zombi's storyline idea to the core. I think at the beginning of the movie you could have the cap who fights for america and then at the end you havve the cap who fights for the weak and the core of america's ideals rather than the government.

Agreed. I think that this is the only way that they could go with it in today's political climate and still pull in decent foreign numbers. Plus it is a pretty sweet plot. I'd see it.

I like Zombi's storyline idea to the core. I think at the beginning of the movie you could have the cap who fights for america and then at the end you havve the cap who fights for the weak and the core of america's ideals rather than the government.

Thanks, man. I think the real trick to the movie would be to not make it schmaltzy. The last thing we need is a climax like at the end of the first Spider-Man movie where you have a bunch of New Yorkers cheering Spidey on at the Brooklyn Bridge. What makes America great is the same thing that makes any country great. It's the people just being people. I think the idea at the core is that Captain America isn't about America, it's just about the human spirit. Maybe he wears a big flag painted on his chest, but what makes him great is that he does what's right, regardless of political affiliations. It's about human ideals, not American ideals.

Gemini said:
I'd like to see Cap hate the new united states, and think of it as a mockery of wait the states should be

and then at the end of the movie have him endorse Obama

DUDE THEY SHOULD HAVE GOT OBAMA TO PLAY FURY!

Oh, Obama. You crazy, leftist radical Muslim. Won't you ever learn!

DARKKNIGHT said:
Agreed. I think that this is the only way that they could go with it in today's political climate and still pull in decent foreign numbers. Plus it is a pretty sweet plot. I'd see it.

Yeah. Well, Captain America's got a huge set of hurdles to overcome, considering the character was made blatantly and unabashedly as a propaganda character.

Should Isaiah Bradley make an appearance in the Captain America movie? It might be the only chance at it since Captain America will come out in 2011 and if they sequel it Cap 2 might come out as late as 2015, kinda hard to believe Bradley would still be alive for that. (Figuring that a Cap sequel would take place in the modern day, of course.)

If they don't use the visuals from Ultimates as a basis for Cap's look in this film, they're freaking retarded. The Cap movie should be set in WW2, with his costume from the beginning of Ultimates (the WW2 costume). When he gets unfrozen by the Avengers, he should have Cap's Ultimates 2 costume - I always liked that one, because it made his mask actually look like a helmet.

If they don't use the visuals from Ultimates as a basis for Cap's look in this film, they're freaking retarded. The Cap movie should be set in WW2, with his costume from the beginning of Ultimates (the WW2 costume). When he gets unfrozen by the Avengers, he should have Cap's Ultimates 2 costume - I always liked that one, because it made his mask actually look like a helmet.

I think a streamlined version of his 616 costume should be used. Maybe with more pouches on his belt, the wings being pulled back a little bit to look like streaks instead of feathers even have the stars on his shoulders and military boots instead of his buccaneer boots. But I would keep the WW2 version seen in the Ultimates because it's just more plausible to be used in that type of combat.

I think a streamlined version of his 616 costume should be used. Maybe with more pouches on his belt, the wings being pulled back a little bit to look like streaks instead of feathers even have the stars on his shoulders and military boots instead of his buccaneer boots. But I would keep the WW2 version seen in the Ultimates because it's just more plausible to be used in that type of combat.

I like it except for the head wings. You could probably just exclude those, like with Cap's first Ultimates costume.

I'd make the 616 costume be Rogers' public relations costume - what he wears in press conferences, publicity stunts, and high-ranking officer meetings. Use the Ultimate costume (which is so much cooler looking) as his battlefield uniform.

So, I've been watching some Friday Night Lights, and two Capt. America casting choices jumped out at me:

1. Scott Porter: He's about the appropriate age (29 I think?), and he has a very great intensity and charisma that would bring lots to a Captain America film. He's in pretty good shape and is a pretty good actor. His hair might be a little on the dark side, but that's what hair-dye is for.

2. Zach Gilford: This one is a little more of a stretch. He might be too gawky for Capt. He's 26 yo, which is a good Capt. age, but I am unsure if he has the charisma to carry the film or the part. That said, he's a great actor, and I can completely buy him as the gawky pre-serum Steve. At moments, I see his abilities to be a great Cpatain America, but I would have to see him try it to really buy it.

On an unrelated note: How much would fans rebel if you cut Steve Rogers out alltogether and merge Isaiah Bradley with Steve Rogers? Basically, Tusceegee institute testing results in Super-Soldier Serum. A black American Icon, while not good publicity, makes for a good problem solver in WW2. He is lost, is dethawed, and has to deal with the changed attitudes of race, not to mention the rest of American culture. Also, because it's the 21st century, he becomes the Government's new spokesman.

Too much of a departure?

So, I've been watching some Friday Night Lights, and two Capt. America casting choices jumped out at me:

1. Scott Porter: He's about the appropriate age (29 I think?), and he has a very great intensity and charisma that would bring lots to a Captain America film. He's in pretty good shape and is a pretty good actor. His hair might be a little on the dark side, but that's what hair-dye is for.

2. Zach Gilford: This one is a little more of a stretch. He might be too gawky for Capt. He's 26 yo, which is a good Capt. age, but I am unsure if he has the charisma to carry the film or the part. That said, he's a great actor, and I can completely buy him as the gawky pre-serum Steve. At moments, I see his abilities to be a great Cpatain America, but I would have to see him try it to really buy it.

On an unrelated note: How much would fans rebel if you cut Steve Rogers out alltogether and merge Isaiah Bradley with Steve Rogers? Basically, Tusceegee institute testing results in Super-Soldier Serum. A black American Icon, while not good publicity, makes for a good problem solver in WW2. He is lost, is dethawed, and has to deal with the changed attitudes of race, not to mention the rest of American culture. Also, because it's the 21st century, he becomes the Government's new spokesman.

Too much of a departure?

I'd go see it in a heartbeat, but I think it has zero chance of happening. I'd also go see an Isaiah Bradley movie about him as a champion for African-Americans during the Civil Rights and black liberation movements.

The Overlord said:
You are making Fox News angry. Fox News smash Zombipanda!

Funny you should say that. Oliver North just showed up at my door, and when I answered, he kicked me in the balls.

****ing Oliver North....

Congrats on the Friday Night Lights! It's an amazing show that apparently only me and DJF have been watching.

Porter fits the casting profile but he "looks" a little too young to play "grown Cap". I'd totally cast him as my UU-based Bucky though.

Ashton Holmes from A History Of Violence as young, pre-steroid Cap.

Ashton_Holmes_i_A_Hi_90744c.jpg

....and if I was sure that he could carry a major film like this, I'd cast Jason Lewis as grown Cap.

jasonlewisqk6.jpg

CBR:

"Sci Fi Wire has confirmed with Marvel's Kevin Feige that "The First Avenger: Captain America" will be a period piece set in World War 2, that Matthew McConaughey will not be considered for the part, that the star-shaped object on Tony Stark's workbench was part of Cap's shield..."

Thank goodness no McConaughey!!

Last edited:
CBR:

"Sci Fi Wire has confirmed with Marvel's Kevin Feige that "The First Avenger: Captain America" will be a period piece set in World War 2, that Matthew McConaughey will not be considered for the part, that the star-shaped object on Tony Stark's workbench was part of Cap's shield..."

Thank goodness no McConaughey!!

Yay!

Is there a particular reason they are not just calling it "Captain America"?

I'd guess because it's going to be a period piece that sets the stage for the Avengers movie. And since they're coming out in the same year, they really want to milk the license as much as they can.

I'm really glad it'll be a period piece. Good.

Last edited:
"Sci Fi Wire has confirmed with Marvel's Kevin Feige that "The First Avenger: Captain America" will be a period piece set in World War 2, that Matthew McConaughey will not be considered for the part,

Yay!
that the star-shaped object on Tony Stark's workbench was part of Cap's shield..."
Boo!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back