The All About Comics Thread 4: Gemini Loves Crappy Variant Covers

I don't think Ghost Rider is a good fit for street level vigilantism, honestly. I could see Brother Voodoo possibly fitting though.

Up until recently, I figured The Hood would have been a good foil for a Ghost Rider tale, but since Hood's lost his ties to Dormammu, it wouldn't work aswell anymore.

I just can't fathom what they're going to do with Ghost Rider after Heaven's on Fire wraps. I hope they tap a writer that can keep it up to Aaron's pace though.

Up until recently, I figured The Hood would have been a good foil for a Ghost Rider tale, but since Hood's lost his ties to Dormammu, it wouldn't work aswell anymore.

I just can't fathom what they're going to do with Ghost Rider after Heaven's on Fire wraps. I hope they tap a writer that can keep it up to Aaron's pace though.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mike Carey or Rick Remender take over.

See.... I felt like Secret Invasion could have been an interesting story too, if they'd hired someone who could do a story like that justice. I like the idea of event books playing with genres that aren't typically superheroic. Secret Invasion hinted at it with the whole 50's B-film motif but it just turned into a nonsense superhero brawl. Blackest Night is doing a better job, but I still wish they'd dial up the horror on it a little more.

Civil War was interesting ideas that fail and so was Secret Invasion.

Secret Invasion was a GREAT idea that should have been much better. It had its moments early on but it should have had the epic feeling that Blackest Night has now. We should still be dealing with fall out from Skrulls impersonating trusted super heroes...instead, it ended on an incredibly weak note and now the Skrulls thing has been completely done away with. Are you kidding me? Having shape-shifting aliens impersonating people, and now everyone seems to have forgotten it?! It should have been mass confusion on a world-wide scale, not something that ended with a single bullet in Central Park (ugh).

It was a huge disappointment. HUGE.

Reign isn't nearly as bad as this article makes it out to be. MJ's death was disgusting and off-putting, but the story itself was pretty good. Though I understand why they didn't put OMD here because it's not a gritty revamp, just a stupid one.

And true, events are largely overrated. But what sets Civil War apart from them is its ambition. It promised a deconstruction of the individualist view of superheroes...and turned out to be about as deep as most events. Which is part of why people hate it so much.

According to the most recent Hood mini, he's tied even further with Dormanuanmauain whateverhis name is.

I'm pretty sure, that mini takes place before the recent developements in New Avengers, he's lost his connection to Dormammu since he failed to get the eye of agamotto, now Loki lead him to some magic hoo-doo asgardian stones that make your vision of yourself true. So now he can simulate his powers without being connected to Dormammu.

Or something like that

I'm pretty sure, that mini takes place before the recent developements in New Avengers, he's lost his connection to Dormammu since he failed to get the eye of agamotto, now Loki lead him to some magic hoo-doo asgardian stones that make your vision of yourself true. So now he can simulate his powers without being connected to Dormammu.

Or something like that

:roll:

Great job taking an elegantly simple character with plenty of interesting hooks and making him convoluted and far-flung from his central concept, Bendis!

No wonder BKV doesn't write comics anymore.

So did anyone else read the Shang Chi: Master of Kung Fu oneshot that came out last week? The Johnathan Hickman story in it is hilarious.

That is hilarious.

Sometimes you see or read things that just baffle you as far as how people's brains are wired. How could that be anything but parody? It's amazing that a human being could conjure that dialogue (more of a monologue) as something s/he thinks a human being - pirate or no - would say.

Osborne's secret weapon:

117848873_441bec5937.jpg

"Get your ***** asses in line and make Papa some money!"

Latest posts

Back