24- The Bauer Power Hour series discussion (spoilers)

Re: 24 series discussion (spoilers)

Do you know why he has a happy ending? Cause Jack Bauer says so

Random said:
Do you know why he has a happy ending? Cause Jack Bauer says so

Ironically---there are no happy endings for Jack Bauer.

Unless you consider inflicting paing to be a happy ending...............................................................................which Jack Bauer does. :lol:

Last edited:

Another great episode, Jack is able to find a man who can unlock the triggers on the device. He and Curtis (kick ***) bust theit way in and find the guy. The person in the end of the preview was the guy's 15 year old sex slave. Jack torchures him a little, which was short but still beast, and he made a deal but the girl had to go with him. The terrorist want to meet with him, but the girl had a gun and shoot the guy, so now the Jack has to find a way to meet the terrorist with in ten minutes. Also Sean Austen's character meets up with his crack whore sister and her pimp(I assume thats who he is) beats him up. And Audrey tries to contact Kim. And Cummings (heh heh heh heh heh heh) commits suiside

Next episode Jack is capture by the terrorists and may have to help them release the gas.

Glad to see more Curtis, I'm piss Jack did get to torchure that guy more. And also glad to see they address Kim, even if she never appears its good not to forget her completely

You note after each of my summaries I never rate the episode, thats because every episode is automatically 5/5

Random said:
And also glad to see they address Kim, even if she never appears its good not to forget her completely
Ah, but she does appear. In the FOX 5 news, they had anoter segment on 24, this time talking about how the writers of the show don't even know how the day will end since they're always changing up the plot. Currently, episode 16 is being shot, and some random guy gets shot coming down the ceiling of a room.

Anyways, during that segment, a quick shot of Kim was shown as she walked around CTU.

This episode was ok. Nothing too special. Not a lot of action.....not a lot of drama. Just Jack being Jack......only less badass.

The reintroduction of Kim is kinda cool. She annoyed me from season 1 and 2......then all of a sudden she was working for CTU in season 3 and she didn't bug me as much.

I wonder how'll she'll play into this season?

The only real reason this episode was pretty cool for me was for the TV Geek Trivia Master in me. This isn't the first time the Harley worker and old Russian man worked together on a series for FOX. Both were stars of an old TV show called Kindred. I thought it was kinda funny that they're back together for one episode only (......since they both were killed).

Oh well---next week looks promising.

icemastertron said:
The video game of the show is due out the 28th of THIS month. :D

Sad thing is it will be long before it gets out in this country ... god i cant wait to kick some terrorist ***.

icemastertron said:
SWEETNESS, THAT IS UNHEARD OF!!!.... can't wait

icemastertron said:

They should have released it on the 24th. I presume there are 24 levels?

Re: 24: Season 5- SPOILERS

Random said:
Ooooooh. But I dont want her to come back...*****. I was cheering when Jack killed her, I was like "ITS ABNOUT DANMN TIME!!!"

Proof the even Keifer Sutherland himself cannot comprehend the awesome power that is, Jack Baurer

Jack Bauer is 24. If they wanted to make 24 tank, they would kill him off. Since they've already established 24's central character as Bauer, it would be extremely difficult for the audience to see detachment of his character and the show.

Other shows like Lost actually have the freedom of making every character expendable since although the primary character is Jack, they always give ample time such an entire episodes focused on other major characters. In 24's case, it's pretty obvious that no one is spared from being on death's list aside from Bauer.

Random said:
SWEETNESS, THAT IS UNHEARD OF!!!.... can't wait

The gameplay is suprisingly good. The action part plays out a lot like "Bond: Everything or Nothing". You can auto lock onto an enemy...then gradually shift the target over whatever part of the body you want. You can actually choose whether you want a one hit kill with a head shot.....or pop them 5 times to the chest.

The car chase parts are ok....the controls are simplified like True Crime. Not a highlight with me.

The torture/interrogation parts are a thrill!!!! Push them too hard and they won't talk. Too soft and they'll clam up.

I'll be sure to pick this up when it comes out.

Victor Von Doom said:
The gameplay is suprisingly good. The action part plays out a lot like "Bond: Everything or Nothing". You can auto lock onto an enemy...then gradually shift the target over whatever part of the body you want. You can actually choose whether you want a one hit kill with a head shot.....or pop them 5 times to the chest.

The car chase parts are ok....the controls are simplified like True Crime. Not a highlight with me.

The torture/interrogation parts are a thrill!!!! Push them too hard and they won't talk. Too soft and they'll clam up.

I'll be sure to pick this up when it comes out.
CAN'T ****ING WAIT!!!

ProjectX2 said:
They should have released it on the 24th. I presume there are 24 levels?
Well I heard it will have 24 hours of gameplay, I remember seeing an intergoation clip where the timer was running out, so they'll probably be alot of timed missions

Random said:
I am confused, but anything with 24 is automatically cool.

Meh...it was ok. All it does is make random and sometimes incoherent sentences structered around the opening statement in 24.

1.5 outta 4 stars

Meh. The program doesn't say play around with the sentence : "I'm running out of time." That is the truly iconic sentence of the serie for me.

We could make a drinking game with it.

Last edited:

Victor Von Doom said:

Gotta be a bug in the game. Jack Bauer can't go soft. If you don't speak he'll simply ****ing kill you.

Yet again a good episode. Jack poses as the tech guy to install the chip, the two terrorist take him with them to make sure the gas can get released in a mall, Jack kills one of them (breaks his neck with his legs) as the other escapes Jack stops the nerd gas, but some got lose 10-20 people died. Jack saves a little girl. Them proceed to follow the other terrorist where to the etal shop. The main group wasnt theer and called the one guy and he shot himself in the head.

Next episode Jack is arrested... again, and breaks out to meet someone who is offering info. Jack vs. a Heliccopter. Sweet.

Latest posts

Back