24- The Bauer Power Hour series discussion (spoilers)

The movie looks stupid. I'll tune into the initial few episodes of season 7, though, but if it's anything like watching six...the premiere will be the only thing I bother watching.
It's been over a year and I'm still bitter about last season.

The movie looks stupid.

I think it looks good. It'll be the almost mindless action-fest that 24 is known for.

I'll tune into the initial few episodes of season 7, though, but if it's anything like watching six...the premiere will be the only thing I bother watching.
It's been over a year and I'm still bitter about last season.

I suggest you get over Season 6 and give Season 7 a fair try, without pre-determined judgements about its worth based merely on Season 6's suck-factor.

From Newsarama:

Also in Fox's announcements - 24 will return Sunday and Monday, January 11th and 12th for two, consecutive two-hour engagements. The two-hour prequel movie 24: Redemption setting up the new season, and starring Jon Voight as the antagonist for the season will air on Fox Sunday, November 23rd.

The new season of 24 will open with the CTU (Counter Terrorism Unit) shut down and dismantled and Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) on trial. Carlos Bernard, who plays Tony Almeida, returns to the series, though he was presumed dead.

The debut in January will mark the first time new 24 episodes have been aired in nearly two years. Filming on the new season was shut down late last year due to the Writer's Strike, which led Fox to hold the season back until midseason 2008-2009. Work stopped on the season this past September due to quality-control issues with scripts.

This was great, just a little too lacking in the bad *** Jack department but still good. The only downside was I had to watch it with one of my roommates who frankly is annoying as hell

This was great, just a little too lacking in the bad *** Jack department but still good. The only downside was I had to watch it with one of my roommates who frankly is annoying as hell
It was enjoyable.

At first I was like, "How is this story going to work in just 2 hours?" but it came out very well done. I get why there was lacking of bad*** Bauer, since it was only 2 hours and not much room to really show off his awesomeness.

But from the trailer they showed (with more footage it looked like), everything will be kick*** again come January. 8)

A fairly standard premiere setting things up, even though I'm against plot like "terrorists taking over every piece of technology" but they pulled it off very well, I can't wait to see where it goes

I enjoyed every part of the episode that didn't involve Madam President.
Or the FBI mole.
I really want this not to be SSDD.

I enjoyed every part of the episode that didn't involve Madam President.
Or the FBI mole.
I really want this not to be SSDD.
The White House scenes were not bad. I hated the FBI mole part. I quickly said, "Ugh. Enough with moles!!"

But everything else was great. Seeing Jack almost stab the guy with a pen in his eye was awesome!!

The White House scenes were not bad. I hated the FBI mole part. I quickly said, "Ugh. Enough with moles!!"
I agree, though I just had an interesting idea, what if everyone we met at the FBI except the main chick are moles. It would mean the entire department is corrupt.
But everything else was great. Seeing Jack almost stab the guy with a pen in his eye was awesome!!

Indeed, at that moment a feeling came over me and I thought "That's what 2008 was missing"

What would've been awesome - and continue the theme that Jack is a man whose methods are stuck in the past - is if there wasn't a mole in the F.B.I., and he's simply paranoid from all those years at CTU.

Well the team's all back together and I'm lovin' it. And I really dig the conspiracy plot going on, this is what season 6 should have done, given the perfect set up in season 5. Though the morally ambiguity theme is starting to get annoying.

I hope it turns out that Bill and Chloe are bad guys and Jack's been unwillingly coerced into playing against what he believes he's playing for.

I hope it turns out that Bill and Chloe are bad guys and Jack's been unwillingly coerced into playing against what he believes he's playing for.
That would such an awesome and interesting twist. Especially since Chloe is always, "But OMG, Bill, are you sure??!?!".

And I'm hoping that a "tech struggle" keeps going between Janice and Chloe. Something subtle throughout the season like we saw last night with.

It's a cool idea, I considered that myself while watching, but I really prefer the actors and characters as good guys.

Latest posts

Back