24- The Bauer Power Hour series discussion (spoilers)

With season 7, it's been 12+* years since season 1 started. Wow...

*12+ as in 12 years + a few months.
... damn I'm old...

So my little brother has been watching season 3 lately and it got me thinking about all the seasons and I have say, cant Bauer have a happy ending once in a while? I mean every season he just about ends up in a crappy position for his life. Except for season 2, he's never ended it like, tomorrow will be a better day, kind of feeling. Season 1: Wife's dead. Season: He's half dead. Season 3: The job has taken it's toll on him. Season 4: Faked death and can't see his family and friends again. Season 5: Shanghai to a Chinese Prison. Season 6: No future what so ever. I mean give us just one day that doesn't leave me feeling depressed.

Also I got an image of this season ending with Bauer returning to the Senate hearing just as they indicated in the first episode "this time tomorrow" to find Kim waiting there with her support as he faces the music.

Last edited:
... damn I'm old...
Old? You do know this is just in 24's timeline that it's been 12+ years?

Real life it's been 8 years since the show aired.

Season 1: 2001-2002
Season 2: 2002-2003
Season 3: 2003-2004
Season 4: 2005
Season 5: 2006
Season 6: 2007
24: Redemption - 2008
Seaon 7: 2009

The show had been renewed back in season 6 for another 3 seasons, though later it became 2. So the show is scheduled (as of now) to end in 2010 with season 8 with the movie to follow in 2011.

This is still a great show but I wish the scale of the gun fights are down due to the plot, I wish they would be as big as other seasons. I'm still lovin every minute, if it were for my god damn annoying roommate

This is still a great show but I wish the scale of the gun fights are down due to the plot, I wish they would be as big as other seasons. I'm still lovin every minute, if it were for my god damn annoying roommate
The store gun shooting was fun.

Though I thought you actually had your own room like in your show. :p

The store gun shooting was fun.

Though I thought you actually had your own room like in your show. :p

The show hasn't this year, but I do, it's just that we're not paying for cable but somehow have it anyway and it comes out horrible in my room while perfect in the living room

So the fact that Aaron Pierce showed up in this episode made it approximately 58.6% better than anything that's aired on TV in the past year or so. FACT.

Aside from that, a great episode. Sean being the mole wasn't surprising, but at least it's out of the way. Now that I think of it, not a whole lot really happened, but, hey! did I mention Aaron showed up? Yeah. It was awesome.

And Sprague Grayden (sp?) too. She was on Jericho, and Six Feet Under if I remember correctly. Cool. She was in the scene with Aaron, probably the only reason I remember.

Next week's looks even better. Lady Bauer apparently slaps Jack around (and I mean this very literally), and then he grabs her arm -- we don't see what happens next, but I imagine she's getting that arm ripped off Montand-style.

God damn I love Chloe, she's the best person to have in your corner.

My only real problem is that they have Jack very much as a single minded ******* to drive home this theme they're going with

SPOILERS FROM EW!!

Kim returns but is now married and has a daughter. Jack's a grandfather!

Tony's gonna sex someone.

MAJOR SPOILER!

And the President's daughter is the bad guy!!!!

SPOILERS FROM EW!!

Kim returns but is now married and has a daughter. Jack's a grandfather!

Tony's gonna sex someone.

And the President's daughter is the bad guy!!!!

Interesting if true. Can we trust this information, I wonder? Time will tell, I'm sure. The last one would sound ridiculous, but
she's been in a grand total of like five scenes, so it's not like we really know anything about her. And we all saw how well they pulled off the President storyline in season five, so I trust them to do it justice.

Man, I wish I had the same thought process of Jack Bauer. Best way to deal with a guy coming after you? Lure him into a building and than roll said building over with a tractor.

I love this show.

I was really disappointed that they killed off the Senator tonight. He was a cool character and I just loved seeing Red Foreman yelling at Jack.

Man, I wish I had the same thought process of Jack Bauer. Best way to deal with a guy coming after you? Lure him into a building and than roll said building over with a tractor.

I love this show.

I was really disappointed that they killed off the Senator tonight. He was a cool character and I just loved seeing Red Foreman yelling at Jack.

Seriously, we need more Jack fight scenes like that. When that bulldozer showed up I was out of my seat jumping for joy

Latest posts

Back