Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
So NBC has really stepped it up this season with MUST SEE TV. I mean you got:
  • Heroes
  • Friday Night Lights
  • Studio 60
  • My Name Is Earl
  • The Office

....and now we got "Twenty Good Years" and my new personal fav--"30 Rock"! :rockon:

The premise is pretty simple:
Tina Fey (NBC's "Saturday Night Live," "Mean Girls") writes, executive-produces and stars as Liz Lemon in NBC's "30 Rock," a workplace comedy where the workplace exists behind-the-scenes of a live variety show. The show is told through the comedic voice of Fey and features Alec Baldwin ("The Aviator," "The Cooler" ) as Jack Donaghy, the brash new network executive who has turned the show upside down with his meddling ways.

The single Lemon is living every comedy writer's dream - head writer on a demanding, live TV program in New York City. Her life is jolted when Donaghy interferes with her show, and bullies Lemon into convincing Tracy Jordan (Tracy Morgan, "Saturday Night Live," "The Longest Yard") -- a wild and unpredictable movie star -- to join the cast. Now Lemon must manage the unmanageable so that the show -- and her dream -- can go on.

Also rounding out the cast in the half hour comedy are: Jane Krakowski ("Ally McBeal" as Jenna Maroney), Scott Adsit ("Kicking and Screaming" as Pete Hornberger,) the variety show's producer, Jack McBrayer ("Arrested Development" as Kenneth the Page,) the over-eager NBC Page -- a highly sought-after entry level position with the network, and Rachel Dratch ("Saturday Night Live" in multiple roles).

"30 Rock" is executive produced by Lorne Michaels.

....or basically it can be summed up by saying it's a comedy show about what it was like for Tina Fey as head writer at SNL. I know Studio 60 is kinda soing the same thing....but 30 Rock is soooooo much funnier.

Seriously. I can't remember a part of the show that I wasn't laughing. Plus Tina Fey and Jane Krakowski are hot so that doesn't hurt either. And Tracy Morgan acting as a mix between himself and Martin Lawrence was hilarious.

You should all check this out.

I did check this one out. While, I wasn't laughing as much as you evidently where, this was a witty show.

I loved Tracy Morgan's character.

"This is where I grew up, I'm so happy I left here."
"Are you peeing?"

The cat lady sketch, with the cat that wasn't trained, awesome.

I loved Tracy Morgan's character.

I loved it when he was running down the street in his underwear with a lightsaber screaming "I'm a Jedi Warrior!!! I'm a Jedi Warrior!!!"

Alec Baldwin's character is who I wanna be when I grow up. I think right now I'm about 37% there.

I was really looking forward to this show but I think the first episode sucked.

I laughed maybe twice. Tracy Morgan's talent is wasted here as he plays your typical crazy angry black guy.

Alec Baldwin is the only good thing about the show. Otherwise, the whole thing is just Studio 60 dumbed WAY down.

This show is sooooo completely awesome! Last nights episode was a trip! Its just too funny for words.

Alec Baldwin is great in this role. It just suits him to a T. His joke on the dumb page kid was great. The way he just slipped into this mocking-Southern accent and tesing him about "fried baloney" had me laughing for a good 30 minutes non-stop.

I'm serious.

And then when he looked at the page kid and said "that in 5 years they'd all either be working for him................or dead by his hands." Classic!

And it's not just Baldwin who's doing all the jokes. Tina Fey's character being set-up on a blind date who turns out to be a lesbian is hilarious. Especially when Fey started wanting to do couples stuff....even though she isn't gay was pure gold.

If you're not watching this show you're missing out on some REALLY good comedy here. I'm talking "Arrested Development" good.

I totally prefer this show over Studio 60. Studio 60 keeps ruining it for me. Just when you get to the point where you wanna like the show---they drop a joke or move to something else. Or even worse....they show the horrible skits.

30 Rock is where it's at.

the writers of 30 Rock should do the skits for Studio 60.

if only one survives, i hope its studio 60.

I didn't watch it last night because I had homework and decided it would probably just be a waste of time. I heard, however, that it was a different sort of focus last night and was much funnier. I'll probably watch again next week.

Last nights episode was hilarious! It was the first time I watched it and was glad I did. I don't remember anybody's name from the show but that fruity guy playing poker cracks me up. Classic ****...

"You didn't have a good hand why didn't you fold?"

"Because....sometimes you have to take risks and plus everybody was getting loud and I got confused about the rules." :lol: :lol:

Oh and VVD your right Tina Fey is soooo hot so that's a plus too.

Stupid 2 hour special "Biggest Loser"............pre-empting my favorite comedy on TV last night. :evil:

Last edited:
"Where's you charisma?"

"Why are you wearing a tux?"
"It's after 6, do you think I'm a farmer?"

"Shut up Little Blue Man? SHUT UP!"

"Dr. Spaceman?"
"Wow, I shouldn't be telling you all of this. Must be those blue ones I took earlier..."

"LET HIM THROUGH!"

"Where's you charisma?"

"Why are you wearing a tux?"
"It's after 6, do you think I'm a farmer?"

"Shut up Little Blue Man? SHUT UP!"

"Dr. Spaceman?"
"Wow, I shouldn't be telling you all of this. Must be those blue ones I took earlier..."

"LET HIM THROUGH!"

I have been preoccupied with a British hottie on Thursday nights for the past week.

I have like 3 episodes of this on my DVR and have yet to get to them. But rest assured, I will. And I WILL be getting this on DVD when it comes out too.

Latest posts

Back